Schultz blocking in critical red zone plays

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Can someone please find the clip of that epic missed block on the 2 pt conversion?

Why are we using Schultz in those situations? That was a pitiful attempt. You're telling me we cant find a TE that can wash out a DB he outweighs by more than 50 lbs? Conversely, when the Cowboys CBs are in these situations on defense, they are getting manhandled. Why is Sprinkle even on the roster if we cant use him in these situations???

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Jarwins injured but i was happy to see sean get that touchdown and some confidence because i feel like next year he is going to be vital to the team

Carson

Reaction score
You can’t get that big payday worrying about blocking

CowboyFFan

Reaction score
What you want Kittle or Kelce? Schultz is a mediocre player but you cant have all pros at every position.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
He sucks every time needs block. Plays getting blown up cause him. How hard is it to block??? Hit and push through guy in front you. He’s soft.
idk man i wouldn't say he sucks, he's definitely not the best lol. better than jarwin, hoping they can get sean more involved going forward

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He sucks every time needs block. Plays getting blown up cause him. How hard is it to block??? Hit and push through guy in front you. He’s soft.

Getting wrecked by a DE is one thing, but to allow a 200 lb DB to discard your block attempt in a matter of a second is piss poor.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Shultz was not good yesterday blocking, many missed blocks resulting in the plays going no where

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys WRs are not great blocks and neither are their TEs. It has been a problem for years. When they let Blake Bell go, they lost the only TE who can block.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Can someone please find the clip of that epic missed block on the 2 pt conversion?

Why are we using Schultz in those situations? That was a pitiful attempt. You're telling me we cant find a TE that can wash out a DB he outweighs by more than 50 lbs? Conversely, when the Cowboys CBs are in these situations on defense, they are getting manhandled. Why is Sprinkle even on the roster if we cant use him in these situations???
Schultz is a weak f#$k!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
His block on the 2 point conversion was about as bad as it gets.

I wasn't a fan of them going for two, to begin with. It would have been a 4 point game with over 10 minutes left and both teams were scoring so no point in chasing that point.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

His blocking (or lack thereof) has been a big problem this season, but like most things early in the season we were winning so it was being ignored.

He’s a relatively good receiver that’s somewhat limited athletically. I would not have an issue resigning him if the deal is below market value. If he’s wanting anything in the ballpark of what Dallas Goedert got he can walk.

The money saved on letting Schultz can be better put to use, like extending Zeke and making him the league’s highest paid RB again.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only skill guys who can block are Zeke and Noah. The rest are terrible at it.

Proof

Reaction score
that’s twice now in nearly identical fashion first being against the bucs when he let zeke get blown up on a walk in td

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Schultz had a disappointing game. We really needed him to stand out with both of our best receivers out. Catching, or blocking, could have used one of them career days.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Blocking matters! Not the OC fault, not the QB's fault.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Schultz had a disappointing game. We really needed him to stand out with both of our best receivers out. Catching, or blocking, could have used one of them career days.

He played well in the 2nd half as a receiver. Lets not forget his TD that was called back because of the OL.