Signed by Cowboys Schultz signs franchise tag

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
So, you say Higbee is roughly about the same level as Schultz, but that level isn't good enough to help a team win even though it helped the Rams win a Super Bowl

And of course Higbee's contract is less than Schultz will get. His contract was signed 3 years ago.

As always, your arguments are very weak.

Yeah I remember all of your hype about Jarwin after that record setting performance against the NY Giants practice Squad lol. He didn't even make it through the first game lol

Before that it was the "Serviceable" Geoff Swaim who went almost a whole season With 1 TD. Both him and Witten scored 3 tds in the first 2 games and were on pace for 12-15 tds before they hit the Iceberg for the rest of the season ha ha ha.

Then there was the 3rd rounder Gavin Escobar. He lingered around here for almost 2 years before he even played a snap. I think he had 3 tds in like 4 years.

Then there was James Hanna. He was a good blocker when he had Dwayne Harris to help chip. He played 30% of the passing snaps w Witten but averaged like 1-2 targets a year. LMAO.

Then there was old man Witten who played 7-8+ years too long as an everydown receiving te. He was great the first half of his career when our wrs sucked but he could block. He caught way too many rinky dink receptions and alot short of the sticks when it mattered . 1 playoff td in Losing fashion his whole career. He couldn't beat the blitz when he lost a step either.

Now here is the Eagle killer Schultz. He is a tough player like Witten was. He's not the prime 82 as a receiver. Nor is he the prime blocker either. He's a tough guy to play so many snaps in one game I will give him credit for that.

The problem is Schultz isn't a great blocker. He has lackluster deep ball and go up and get a ball skillsets aka big play and red zone scoring capabilities. He's prolly not well suited for the red zone, 3rd down, or in the 4th quarter but there is plenty of opportunities for better Relief if our everydown ironman next man up te mentality wasn't present. Js

Either way Rogers you've defended all of these Tes over the past 8 years. I've been saying this te core/Scheme is trash for 8 years based upon both the skillsets and usage and lack of substitution

Sure we can draft a te in the upcoming draft but based upon our ineptness we're prolly better off grabbing a proven FA or 2 for about 5 million.

Otherwise the team is gonna be watching the playoffs on the couch via Television.

We don't have a #1 offense, #1 defense, Sts and QB like the Rams do around their 1 Scrub te much less 2.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Some of y'all may hate me.

But one of the worst things we ever did was getting rid of Martellus Bennett imo.

I thought he was a 5x Better receiving te esp deep and in the red zone. But he never got an opportunity here to compete.

I'm not a big fan of the Ironman EVERYSNAP checkdown te at all.

It makes me wonder why some of us are sooooooo determined and locked into using this sdupid outdated 12/11 personnell passing Scheme nonstop the way we do.

Especially when it has never won us beans in 20+ years.

It's too bad we can't change up our scheme based upon our competition like New England.

Unless we got a Gronk and Hernandez

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I remember all of your hype about Jarwin after that record setting performance against the NY Giants practice Squad lol. He didn't even make it through the first game lol

Before that it was the "Serviceable" Geoff Swaim who went almost a whole season With 1 TD. Both him and Witten scored 3 tds in the first 2 games and were on pace for 12-15 tds before they hit the Iceberg for the rest of the season ha ha ha.

Then there was the 3rd rounder Gavin Escobar. He lingered around here for almost 2 years before he even played a snap. I think he had 3 tds in like 4 years.

Then there was James Hanna. He was a good blocker when he had Dwayne Harris to help chip. He played 30% of the passing snaps w Witten but averaged like 1-2 targets a year. LMAO.

Then there was old man Witten who played 7-8+ years too long as an everydown receiving te. He was great the first half of his career when our wrs sucked but he could block. He caught way too many rinky dink receptions and alot short of the sticks when it mattered . 1 playoff td in Losing fashion his whole career. He couldn't beat the blitz when he lost a step either.

Now here is the Eagle killer Schultz. He is a tough player like Witten was. He's not the prime 82 as a receiver. Nor is he the prime blocker either. He's a tough guy to play so many snaps in one game I will give him credit for that.

The problem is Schultz isn't a great blocker. He has lackluster deep ball and go up and get a ball skillsets aka big play and red zone scoring capabilities. He's prolly not well suited for the red zone, 3rd down, or in the 4th quarter but there is plenty of opportunities for better Relief if our everydown ironman next man up te mentality wasn't present. Js

Either way Rogers you've defended all of these Tes over the past 8 years. I've been saying this te core/Scheme is trash for 8 years based upon both the skillsets and usage and lack of substitution

Sure we can draft a te in the upcoming draft but based upon our ineptness we're prolly better off grabbing a proven FA or 2 for about 5 million.

Otherwise the team is gonna be watching the playoffs on the couch via Television.

We don't have a #1 offense, #1 defense, Sts and QB like the Rams do around their 1 Scrub te much less 2.

if you didn’t just make up whatever you want all the time and ignore whatever doesn’t suit you I would be happy to chat. That’s not you though. But keep typing for your own benefit if it makes you happy.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Some of y'all may hate me.

But one of the worst things we ever did was getting rid of Martellus Bennett. He never got a fair shot imo.

I thought he was a Better receiving te esp deep and in the red zone. I liked his skillsets better than #82.

I'm not big fan of the Ironman EVERYSNAP checkdown te at all. It waters down their effectiveness as the game and season wears on. Plus there is NO COMPETION OR SUBSTITUTION AT THE POSITION.

It makes me wonder why some of us are sooooooo determined and locked onto using this sdupid outdated 12/11 personnell passing Scheme nonstop the way we do. Especially when it has never won us beans in 20+ years.

We'll be watching Schultz trying to emulate the prime #82 and one of these 3rd string tes run this 12 personnell passing offense. LMAO.

Thats if he doesn't get hurt like Jarwin did. We don't even have a #2 te or a backup plan.

For an offense who runs a dominant 2 te Scheme for 20+ years you'd think there would be a PLETHORIA of talented fresh tes on this roster or begging to play here. It just goes to show how unsuccessful it really is. Imo. It kills our slot wrs and rbs from getting many snaps and opportuities also.

With the dropoff in talent and a tougher schedule we're prolly looking at about 9-8 or 8-9. Imo. Our division isnt gonna hand over 6 blowout games to us every year forever lmao

Last edited: