Schultz to Texans for 1 year 9 million

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just looked it up on google.
So did I. Everything that I found was people quoting Breer. All that he said was that “at some point” they offered Dalton that contract. I believe that offer was last year before he played on the franchise tag.

Since you said it was offered this off season instead of last, I thought you might have a link with confirmation if that.

If you don’t, that’s cool though.

kskboys

Reaction score
So did I. Everything that I found was people quoting Breer. All that he said was that “at some point” they offered Dalton that contract. I believe that offer was last year before he played on the franchise tag.

Since you said it was offered this off season instead of last, I thought you might have a link with confirmation if that.

If you don’t, that’s cool though.
You know, I think it was last off season.

Still stupid on his part!!!!!!!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That was just one of many articles. Schultz signing with the Texans was made official quickly. Hopefully you’re still not questioning it. Lol
Texans must not be too proud of the signing if it's not on their website, even today, or else they don't update their site that often.

Which would be typical for a team that hung on to Watson so long.

:thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Texans must not be too proud of the signing if it's not on their website, even today, or else they don't update their site that often.

Which would be typical for a team that hung on to Watson so long.

:thumbup:
You sound like you’re still not convinced he’s a Texan. :laugh:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You sound like you’re still not convinced he’s a Texan. :laugh:

Houston Texans Transactions (3-24-2023)​

Mar 24, 2023 at 02:24 PM
HOU.svg

Houston Texans Public Relations
The Houston Texans have signed the following free agents:
NamePositionHeightWeightAgeExperienceCollege
Dalton SchultzTE6-5244266Stanford
Steven SimsWR5-10176255Kansas

I wanted official confirmation, there it is, on the Texans website. So yeah, I'm convinced.

Though why it was such a big deal to you, or anybody else, that I wanted to see some official confirmation instead of believing "reports" from non-Texans "sources", is a mystery to me...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Houston Texans Transactions (3-24-2023)​

Mar 24, 2023 at 02:24 PM
HOU.svg

Houston Texans Public Relations
The Houston Texans have signed the following free agents:
NamePositionHeightWeightAgeExperienceCollege
Dalton SchultzTE6-5244266Stanford
Steven SimsWR5-10176255Kansas

I wanted official confirmation, there it is, on the Texans website. So yeah, I'm convinced.

Though why it was such a big deal to you, or anybody else, that I wanted to see some official confirmation instead of believing "reports" from non-Texans "sources", is a mystery to me...
It was no big deal to me, you never seemed convinced that he signed with the Texans even though it had been reported everywhere.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm feeling good with our current TE's and I think we're in good shape to take one in the draft. Some of the trades were very smart and allows some flex.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It was no big deal to me, you never seemed convinced that he signed with the Texans even though it had been reported everywhere.
You continued to question my post way to much to say "it was no big deal".

But I get your view now, "reports" = fact. "Sources" are never wrong.

That's fine, but I don't have that view....

blueblood70

Reaction score
The man turned down a very fair LTD last year with us got FT , then goes for 1 yr 9 elsewhere, i guess if you want or risk injury on one Year deals over 2 year and hope for LTD better, well good luck. IMHO he lost out not taking last years offer.. IMHO hes worth 3-24 rumors were 3-36 but nothing this year with not many teams bidding for his services, OBVIOUSLY you take 1 -9 with that team LOL

we wont lose much , hopefully, with Furgeson being next up and Henderson being a Jarwin type.

Reactions: CWR

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think this is a great point that has been underestimated. Big Mike is committed to running the ball more and blocking was the least of Schultz’s strengths.
Yes our running game went downhill after Shultz came back from injury. Like the guy but his blocking abikity was poor. Never understood why professionals couldn't improve in that regard. It's about mechanics and he was coordinated enough.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes our running game went downhill after Shultz came back from injury. Like the guy but his blocking abikity was poor. Never understood why professionals couldn't improve in that regard. It's about mechanics and he was coordinated enough.
moreso because Steele was missing and OL was being shuffled weekly last 6 plus games.

mfiggs18

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see how much he actually got the news said he got up to 9 million which means to me he'll only get 9 if he meets incentives

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well now he gets to wear one of the ugliest uniforms and helmets in the league !
Who is their qb ? I forget who their coach is too. I know they have a really weird owner though.

They should buy the rights to "Oilers" and go back to those uniforms and helmets, and they would gain more fans.
Also get a better GM and HC.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is their qb ? I forget who their coach is too.
Their QB will be whoever they draft in a few weeks. DeMeco Ryan is their HC. He will be a good one.

They have a great draft set up if they don't blow it. And money to spend in FA.

A quick turnaround in that division is possible. They played good down the stretch.