Video: Scooter Magruder: Cowboys Fans When Zeke Signed

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Never came close?

Speaking of yards...he averaged about 2 yards per game less than Emmitts best season in his rookie season.

He finished the season with 1,631 yards despite sitting week 17...He very well could’ve broke Emmitts.

And Murray? Murray didn’t sniff that until his 4th season..Zeke’s first 3 seasons smoke Murray’s and guess what? It’s Zekes fourth season so I’m thinking he could have a chance.

If the Cowboys are winning games on a regular basis, any of those numbers are attainable because he will get the work and the best quality for a RB is durability and so far, he has proven to have that quality.
he has been durable I admit that, and he is good, there is no denying that.
What I have a problem with is him and others saying he is great, the best ever, etc etc.
All the good rb's have a great season, and Elliot has not had that yet, and maybe he will, but I
think now that they signed him long term, they are not going to give him enough carries .
He had 332 in 2016 and only got the 1631 so I doubt he ever passes emmitt's or murray's records.
And he will never get 2000.
Pollard will get carries this year too, so that takes away some carries also.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you cant compare people here to someone that has 15-20 million or more in the bank LOL
Sure you can. Athletes are no less human or concerned about work and money and family and future than you or me. And one hit could end their career this weekend. They have only a sliver of a window at their peak earning potential.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
metal boogers hanging out his nose, booger boy should be his new nick name.
Does he think he looks better with those??????:huh:
I wont forget , everyone else might, not me.
I am gonna wait till he gets the 2000 + yards season his dad boasted he would do.

Wow, a Cowboy fan hating!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
King Elliot will never come close to 2000 yds ! :laugh:
So far in 3 seasons, he has not even come close to emmitt's record of 1773 and 25 td's and he will never get past Murray's record of 1800+ in a season.
Just to put in context, OJ got 2003 yds in a 14 game season , 332 carries 143 yds per game avg 6.0 per carry which is truly amazing.also 12 td's.
he was the best, and a true elite RB.

Elliot is not even in the same class as these guys he only had 6 td's last year , 7 in 17, and 15 in 16 .
16 was his only decent year and he still left meat on the bone.:muttley:

going forward I dont know if they will give elliot 300+ carries as they may want to make him last longer lol.

To get to 2000 he would have to have 400 carries and avg 5 yds a carry that is 25 carries a game . No way this clown can do that.

When OJ recorded these numbers, how many were in the box?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be honest, the number of yards he gets is meaningless, same for rushing titles.
What the team needs is for him to convert 3rd downs and 4th downs and to score in red zone, and just get the yards
when they need it.

You do know there are others that contribute to team success on converting downs, right?

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I love Scooters takes, cracks me up every time. Even had a plug for Dirk and AB. LOL