Scott Peterson given death sentence

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
He's lucky he's not in Texas or he'd already be strapped in to the chair.

New trial denied, Peterson gets formal death sentence
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — Scott Peterson will be sent to California's death row after a judge upheld a jury's recommendation that he be sentenced to death for the slayings of his wife and her fetus.
Peterson, 32, learned his fate after San Mateo County Superior Court Judge Alfred Delucchi denied a request by his attorney for a new trial.

In upholding the jury's recommendation, the judge found that the killings "were cruel, uncaring, heartless and callous."

"The court is satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant, Scott Lee Peterson, is guilty of first-degree murder" and second degree, Delucchi said.

"The factors in aggravation are so substantial when compared to the factors of mitigation that death is warranted."

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
He's lucky he's not in Texas or he'd already be strapped in to the chair.

New trial denied, Peterson gets formal death sentence
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — Scott Peterson will be sent to California's death row after a judge upheld a jury's recommendation that he be sentenced to death for the slayings of his wife and her fetus.
Peterson, 32, learned his fate after San Mateo County Superior Court Judge Alfred Delucchi denied a request by his attorney for a new trial.

In upholding the jury's recommendation, the judge found that the killings "were cruel, uncaring, heartless and callous."

"The court is satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant, Scott Lee Peterson, is guilty of first-degree murder" and second degree, Delucchi said.

"The factors in aggravation are so substantial when compared to the factors of mitigation that death is warranted."

Unfortunately we no longer use the chair... we waste perfectly good needles on the dredge of the earth...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Unfortunately we no longer use the chair... we waste perfectly good needles on the dredge of the earth...
I like what Ron White said about Texas. He said not only do they use the death penalty but they have put in an express lane :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:

You sho'll right.

I'm actually of the opinion, we should go back to medieval times. "Off with his head, I said!

Or better yet, put him in front of a firing squad.

Ooh I know... stoning would be cool. :cool:

He deserves that and more. Whatever happened to a simple divorce settlement?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
You sho'll right.

I'm actually of the opinion, we should go back to medieval times. "Off with his head, I said!

Or better yet, put him in front of a firing squad.

Ooh I know... stoning would be cool. :cool:

He deserves that and more. Whatever happened to a simple divorce settlement?
Why waste good bullets on him????? :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Depending on the gun, you only need one.:p:

The cheapest way would just be to lock them solitaire and throw away the key... then come back in two weeks...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue said:
The cheapest way would just be to lock them solitaire and throw away the key... then come back in two weeks...
Just put him in the general population like they did Dahmer :D