Scott Shanle 10 Tackles...RW Video??

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
He looked pretty good out there today. :) The entire defense is starting to look pretty solid. Too little too late tho. It's definitely something to build on for next year though.

Anyone happen to have a video clip of RW hitting Coles?? I ran to get a drink and completely missed it. :banghead:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
SteveOS said:
He looked pretty good out there today. :) The entire defense is starting to look pretty solid. Too little too late tho. It's definitely something to build on for next year though.

Anyone happen to have a video clip of RW hitting Coles?? I ran to get a drink and completely missed it. :banghead:

Geez, I guess you don't run too fast, do ya? :)

It wasn't a "Full Williams"...he sorta caught him off to his side...

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They'll call it a cheap hit I'm sure because any play when Roy Williams hits a player who gets injured as a result is called a "cheap shot."

This play wasn't a cheap hit nor was it a "vintage" RW hit .. Coles was running, ducking and darting all over the place with several Cowboys players whiffing at him as he ran back and forth. RW simply picked a hole and charged in and they collided with RW's helmet brushing Coles' helmet. Coles was back in the game within a minute or so playing so it wasn't a big deal but I'm sure there will be some people claiming "cheat shot" because he hit a player.

Funny how when someone like Lavar Harrington or Ray Lewis nails someone, it's a great play. When Roy Williams does it, fans of other teams start screaming foul.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Reality said:
They'll call it a cheap hit I'm sure because any play when Roy Williams hits a player who gets injured as a result is called a "cheap shot."

This play wasn't a cheap hit nor was it a "vintage" RW hit .. Coles was running, ducking and darting all over the place with several Cowboys players whiffing at him as he ran back and forth. RW simply picked a hole and charged in and they collided with RW's helmet brushing Coles' helmet. Coles was back in the game within a minute or so playing so it wasn't a big deal but I'm sure there will be some people claiming "cheat shot" because he hit a player.

Funny how when someone like Lavar Harrington or Ray Lewis nails someone, it's a great play. When Roy Williams does it, fans of other teams start screaming foul.

RW has the stereotype......regardless of wheather or not he actualizes it , he will always have the title. Taylor is slowly getting his own "cheap shot" title.....

I agree with everything but the "LaVar Harrington" thing. :D

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Geez, I guess you don't run too fast, do ya? :)

It wasn't a "Full Williams"...he sorta caught him off to his side...

LOL, well....it wasn't a full all out sprint. :) I came downstairs and saw Coles w/ trainers around him and I heard one of the guys talking about RW and it went to commercial, no replays. Damn, I need TIVO!! :banghead:

Thanks for the details gents. :skins:

Maybe Calico can get a clip. :D

jamez25

Reaction score
did RW light Coles up in the first game in DC....that would explain all that postering that Coles was doing in the 1st half.... :skins:

morasp

Reaction score
Don't know if it's coincidence but our defense is playing much better since Shanle has been in there. He looked solid in both run and pass defense. I saw one three yard dink where he was right on his man and the guy got zero yards after the catch.

How about Crayton too. He made two great catches in the clucth. Copper has really faded lately but Crayton and Shanle really make we wonder who else is standing on the sideline that could inject some much need life into the team.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
morasp said:
Don't know if it's coincidence but our defense is playing much better since Shanle has been in there. He looked solid in both run and pass defense. I saw one three yard dink where he was right on his man and the guy got zero yards after the catch.

How about Crayton too. He made two great catches in the clucth. Copper has really faded lately but Crayton and Shanle really make we wonder who else is standing on the sideline that could inject some much need life into the team.

I watched him closely. He doesn't get blown backwards like the other guys tend to. He either makes tackles or engages and stands up people. Our Defense is playing better with him in there. Good depth guy on roster who might be a keeper.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
morasp said:

Don't forget about one of the most maligned players on our team.....Lynn Scott.

It's time to face it.....he's not as bad as alot make him out to be. The last couple of weeks, I have been surprised at how he has done.

The defense has gotten better since both Shanle and Scott have been in there. Scott has been in there since the beginning, but he's been in there more often lately.

Coincidence? Yes, I actually do think so.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lavar Harrington?

LOL.

He's ssssoooo overrated. He needs to resume his job on "Dream Season" or whatever they call that ESPN program for wannabe sports announcers.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Few players make as many blatant mistakes as Arrington. It's amazing to me how he's still living off his reputation from pedigree and that one season years ago under Rhodes.

IMO, the Skins defense got better this year BECAUSE Arrington wasn't in there making mental mistakes and looking for the big hit.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Don't forget about one of the most maligned players on our team.....Lynn Scott.

It's time to face it.....he's not as bad as alot make him out to be. The last couple of weeks, I have been surprised at how he has done.

The defense has gotten better since both Shanle and Scott have been in there. Scott has been in there since the beginning, but he's been in there more often lately.

Coincidence? Yes, I actually do think so.

I can't believe I'm saying this. I am actually in agreement with you.

Hey look, the four horsemen...