Scout’s Eye: Praise For Defensive Playmakers

waving monkey

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Having had a chance to re-watch this preseason performance, I obviously have some thoughts.

Again, we’re not interested in the final score here. Each preseason game is another piece of the puzzle that helps put this roster together – especially for these young players, who receive their biggest opportunities of training camp in the games.

Here’s what stood out to me, from the top of the depth chart to the bottom of the roster.

· It was such a great effort by Taco Charlton to get around Cedric Ogbuehi for his sack. There was a time where Charlton wouldn’t have been strong enough to leverage a tackle on the way to the quarterback. But in this case, Charlton’s under move was so powerful that he also drew a holding call on the play. Ogbuehi had no choice but to try and stop him by tackling him. You can see huge improvements in strength levels from Taco Charlton’s first season to this one.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-eye-praise-for-defensive-playmakers

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Taco straight punked Ogbuehi with that bull rush. Overall, I thought the D-Line looked good. Saw D-Law get penetration several times and get a hand on Dalton's jersey. He also ran through the line of scrimmage unblocked and got a nice shot on him. That's a good sign.

Play of the night for me obviously goes to Awuzie's interception. #24 is gonna be special.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I am glad to see Taco step up. I don't think Gregory will be a viable option and the Boys need a stellar rotation to become elite. The D-line makes each level of the defense look better.

Techsass

Reaction score
I am glad to see Taco step up. I don't think Gregory will be a viable option and the Boys need a stellar rotation to become elite. The D-line makes each level of the defense look better.
I hope you're wrong about Gregory, but we'll just have to wait & see. The D overall is exciting after so many years of being a liability. I don't think we've completed the rebuild, but they've really come a long way.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Curious after Saturday night why you believe that? I think Gregory showed he’s going to be a very viable rotation guy with speed.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Curious after Saturday night why you believe that? I think Gregory showed he’s going to be a very viable rotation guy with speed.
I am a big fan of Gregory. I think we as fans have placed him on a high pedestal. I know I am a homer and always think that the team is better than they are. It will be difficult for him to live up to this expectations and the media in this city and the nation is relentless on the Cowboys. I just hope he can stay clean. I am rooting for him.. I hope his story can have a happy ending.

I have an expectation of all of the players playing all 16 games and the post season barring an injury. Failing a pee test does not cut it.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Gregory. I think we as fans have placed him on a high pedestal. I know I am a homer and always think that the team is better than they are. It will be difficult for him to live up ti this expectations and the media in this city and the nation is relentless on the Cowboys. I just hope he can stay clean. I am rooting for him.. I hope his story can have a happy ending.

See, I guess for me the only expectation I have for him is to improve our Pass Rush. I saw a player who had a motor that wouldn’t quit. I think we’re going to be very surprised by RG