Scout on Texas WR Adonai Mitchell: He's almost uncoachable

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

REPORT: #Texas WR Adonai Mitchell is almost uncoachable and his issue is his blood sugar, a scout tells Bob McGinn.

“You’re going to have to assign somebody to be next to him for his first few years because his issues are all about his diabetes and his blood sugar,” said a second scout. “When his blood sugar’s off, he’s rude, he’s abrasive, he doesn’t pay attention in meetings. It’s why you get really, really ****** character reports coming out of Georgia and Texas.”

“Before you even get to the diabetic part, he’s kind of going to do it his way. He’s a little bit of a wild horse. You’ve got to see if you can harness him in. Then, once you do that, he doesn’t address the diabetic stuff in a mature way. He’s very much a boom-or-bust type guy.”

A special player when in the right mindset.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If this is accurate what a bummer…

One of my favorites in the class. Franklin slides up to WR5 for me.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Let's be fair to Mitchell here and finish that excerpt.

“You’re going to have to assign somebody to be next to him for his first few years because his issues are all about his diabetes and his blood sugar,” said a second scout. “When his blood sugar’s off, he’s rude, he’s abrasive, he doesn’t pay attention in meetings. It’s why you get really, really ****** character reports coming out of Georgia and Texas." But when his stuff is normal, and they get him normal by lunch time, he's out at practice high energy, best practice player, loves football.
https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/s...ng-texas-wr-adonai-mitchells-maturity-health/

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

REPORT: #Texas WR Adonai Mitchell is almost uncoachable and his issue is his blood sugar, a scout tells Bob McGinn.

“You’re going to have to assign somebody to be next to him for his first few years because his issues are all about his diabetes and his blood sugar,” said a second scout. “When his blood sugar’s off, he’s rude, he’s abrasive, he doesn’t pay attention in meetings. It’s why you get really, really ****** character reports coming out of Georgia and Texas.”

“Before you even get to the diabetic part, he’s kind of going to do it his way. He’s a little bit of a wild horse. You’ve got to see if you can harness him in. Then, once you do that, he doesn’t address the diabetic stuff in a mature way. He’s very much a boom-or-bust type guy.”

A special player when in the right mindset.

That scout is pathetic. He’s a diabetic and probably was born one. I’m sure it takes a toll on him.

morasp

Reaction score
Type I or Type II? If type II just give him some blueberry.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mark Andrews deals with this same thing. Constantly has his blood sugar monitored on the sidelines.

1942willys

Reaction score
Mark Andrews deals with this same thing. Constantly has his blood sugar monitored on the sidelines.
Its been done; I seem to remember a pretty decent QB some years ago that was diabetic; just cannot remember his name