News: Scout's Eye: Kerry Hyder won big in Hawaii

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the Hyder signing from the start. And if he is over his injuries, and is played at his more natural style and position. He can be a huge player for this defense. So far I liked from what I seen and read and heard about him in TC and the PS games.

This expands upon Broaddus's comments he had right after the game.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-eye-kerry-hyder-won-big-in-hawaii

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Is Broaddus a credible voice ?, I heard he was a terrible scout ., But i don't know ...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Broaddus a credible voice ?, I heard he was a terrible scout ., But i don't know ...
His forte was linemen, particularly OL, and when he talks about them, I pay attention. Other than that, not so much but he's paid to do it all. But he earned his living watching the trenches.

He was early on Yosemite and Martin as special players and he knows how to watch an OL a lot better than I do. Seen one sweaty big butt, you've seen'em all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He is pretty good at reporting facts as they happen in TC. But when he tries to over evaluate players, either in a positive or negative way is where IMO he falls short. However, as many fans do, you like him or dislike him depending if you agree with him or not.

I like his straight up reporting and writing though. And lately, as in the past few years he has been doing more of that, as opposed to try to "scout" everything he does. So he is making that transition to being more of a media person.

Not that it made him a poor scout, as I have no idea about that. But it did not come across as well when he first started reporting. Now he is much better.

Sydla

Reaction score
And whether Broaddus is credible or not, he's not the only saying Hyder has looked good in camp. So when it's a few voices saying this, I can more easily buy into it. Further, to my untrained eye, he's looked active when he has played.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And whether Broaddus is credible or not, he's not the only saying Hyder has looked good in camp. So when it's a few voices saying this, I can more easily buy into it. Further, to my untrained eye, he's looked active when he has played.

He seems to be around the ball often, even if he was not directly in on the tackle or play.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I liked the Hyder signing from the start. And if he is over his injuries, and is played at his more natural style and position. He can be a huge player for this defense. So far I liked from what I seen and read and heard about him in TC and the PS games.

This expands upon Broaddus's comments he had right after the game.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-eye-kerry-hyder-won-big-in-hawaii

Hyder playing well, and at DT too, is another domino falling toward cutting Crawford. The main question now is if they have the will to do it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He's credible because at the very least he's around people all day within the organization who are credible.

He'll basically tell you who we are drafting every year.

He is also credible because he will straight up admit when he was wrong about a player.

Broaddus is good at telling you a players strengths and weaknesses and breaking down their play.

He isn’t good at building an entire team and making decisions on who to draft/trades/etc.

He isn’t good at evaluating quarterbacks which he openly admits. (Though he did tell the Packers to trade for Brett Favre)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hyder should make Crawford expendable.

But he won't.

:laugh:

Now that's funny...but no. Hyder is too small to play DT...nor is he quick enough to be a DE. I have never seen the fascination w/ this guy. He's got JAG written all over him. I'd rather keep Jelks...that has flashed some ability.