Screw Keyshawn

Rajveer

Reaction score
No, we don't. I'm saying that the Steelers played like a bad team. The mistakes you're referencing are what bad teams do, it has nothing to do with the other team forcing those mistakes.
So you are giving zero credit to the Cowboys? Did you watch the same game I did? You cannot tell me the defense played like they did in the earlier part of the year. You cannot tell me that ST did not play well. I am not going to buy that. Ben himself said that was the best pass rush he saw all year. I would rather take his word over yours because he was in the middle of the field facing our defense.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Ben played bad and the timing was off.

We created that though with early pressure. Steelers did have opportunities to sustain drives and had some opportunities for big pass plays as well but couldn’t execute. I also believe the Steelers had very little to work with preparing for Gilbert and when he proved to be at least average, it threw their game plan off. They were likely expecting no more than 10 points from the offense based on what they’ve seen so far post Dak.

Part of that is on the Cowboys but if both teams played their best game, Steelers win easily. Steelers also would beat us easier if they had tape on Gilbert.
That was one of Bens best games of the year!

3rd highest QBR and 3rd highest traditional rating

Jake0

Reaction score
He's a Parcells guy not a Cowboys guy. He wasn't drafted here. Only played a small chunk of his career in Dallas. Shouldn't treat him like he's a Michael Irvin who played his entire career here.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So you are giving zero credit to the Cowboys? Did you watch the same game I did? You cannot tell me the defense played like they did in the earlier part of the year. You cannot tell me that ST did not play well. I am not going to buy that. Ben himself said that was the best pass rush he saw all year. I would rather take his word over yours because he was in the middle of the field facing our defense.
Yes the defense and ST played better. The Cowboys pass rush is good. That's all true.

But the game was close primarily because the Steelers played bad.

cern

Reaction score
a retired, average wr dissing the cowboys. why would anyone care?

Rajveer

Reaction score
Yes the defense and ST played better. The Cowboys pass rush is good. That's all true.

But the game was close primarily because the Steelers played bad.
Okay they played bad, the refs called a bad game as well on both sides. All I am saying is we played better as well. With this season, the way it is going, I do not care about the wins, all I care about is effort and gradual improvements. It gives me hope that the coaching is taking shape and we are progressing well on the learning curve.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know people say Aikman is always against Dallas, when personally he's attempting to be unbiased. Then we have Moose, Dion and Irvin loving them some Cowboys.. AND THEN WE HAVE KEYSHAWN! This fool is still butthurt on his release. He didn't give Dallas credit and he said it's all Steelers. He even made Stephen A flinch.

Just venting.
Every time I see Keyshawn he's just being honest. Doesn't seem bitter.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Roethlisberger was sloppy most of the day, and they had a couple drops.

Just off thetop of my head, in the first half... Claypool had a drop that should have been a TD early (the play where J Lew got away with PI). Claypool was open deep for what should have been an easy TD and Ben missed him (probably should've been a penalty on Brown). D Johnson was wide open on a third-down and Ben missed way behind him.

The defense played alright, but there were a lots of opportunities for the Steelers to score points and they simply missed.
As I said in another post Ben had one of his best days of the year.

I will give you this however. Maybe Pittsburgh just is not near as good as their 8-0 suggest.

Lets face it they have beaten a 2-6, 2-7, 3-4-1 and another 2-6 and really not all that convincingly!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
As I said in another post Ben had one of his best days of the year.

I will give you this however. Maybe Pittsburgh just is not near as good as their 8-0 suggest.

Lets face it they have beaten a 2-6, 2-7, 3-4-1 and another 2-6 and really not all that convincingly!
Well Ben isn't good anymore I don't care if it was his best game of the year or not and no, they're not good as good as 8-0.

Plankton

Reaction score
Commentators aren't supposed to be cheerleaders, no matter who they played for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Cowboys.

I literally do not understand why people get upset if a commentator of any kind doesn't share their world view when it comes to their football team or anything else of import. What Keyshawn Johnson or Troy Aikman or Michael Irvin or Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless or anyone else thinks (or plays the on-air role of thinking) about what took place this weekend doesn't matter. Develop your own opinion, and allow someone else to think otherwise.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well Ben isn't good anymore I don't care if it was his best game of the year or not and no, they're not good as good as 8-0.
Tough room:

29-42 306 and 3 tds is not good? For petes sake! No running game and pressure all day

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Tough room:

29-42 306 and 3 tds is not good? For petes sake! No running game and pressure all day
I didn't say he wasn't good, overall. I said he was sloppy and the Steelers missed some plays.

But those numbers aren't really reflective of his play. There was the dropped INT and the fumble that got turned over on the nonsense call on Jaylon that would have changed those numbers.

jnday

Reaction score
I just watched him on ESPN. Stephen A and Kellerman gave Dallas some credit, and Keyshawn blasts them and saying that was all Steelers. When Ben R publicly says Dallas Defense was the best he's played this year, this clown (Keyshawn) gives them no credit.
From Ben’s perspective , I am sure that he was impressed by a pass-rush and a defense that played well against a team that came out flat and played unmotivated.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Credit for what? Steelers hit the plays that are there and it's a blowout. Dallas did what Dallas does when you have a bad roster. That's the point.
no if we hit the plays we should have had not for our mistakes we win by 10

, you want to play that game and that not how it works the "what if" game works both ways Lamb fumble GG INT penalty's what if those dont happen.. so get back to reality..theres no such thing as what IF, what happened happened..we had them beat for 56mins and not for some questionable calls win that game..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
no if we hit the plays we should have had not for our mistakes we win by 10

, you want to play that game and that not how it works the "what if" game works both ways Lamb fumble GG INT penalty's what if those dont happen.. so get back to reality..theres no such thing as what IF, what happened happened..we had them beat for 56mins and not for some questionable calls win that game..
The Cowboys are bad they don't his plays. The Steelers are good, they hit plays.

They aren't equal rosters, the expectations aren't the same.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys are bad they don't his plays. The Steelers are good, they hit plays.

They aren't equal rosters, the expectations aren't the same.
B S not buying the what if game they played like that last week against the ravens, odd a bunch f fans no way we can also do that with our team like the ravens did and also took a last minute score and stop for them to win.. we played and could have easily won that game on our play alone..

we made the mistakes to lose the game more then they did..

RS12

Reaction score
Why are people so wrapped up in what talking heads think? Keyshawn the original "get off my lawn" guy, act has already worn thin. What do your eyes tell you?