Scrubs Win And Contend w/ Good Coaching

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Even though the Seahags lost, they were in it all the way. I'm now a Holmgren fan. And man how bout them Patriots and Tom Brady? Jabbar freaken Gaffney looked like Jerry Rice out there:rolleyes:

Bring us Bellychic or Holmgren and watch us win some bowls!!!!

Get us a decent coach Jerruh!!!:bang2:

hank2k

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1314439 said:
Even though the Seahags lost, they were in it all the way. I'm now a Holmgren fan. And man how bout them Patriots and Tom Brady? Jabbar freaken Gaffney looked like Jerry Rice out there:rolleyes:

Yeah that Tom Brady's a real scrub.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
hank2k;1314465 said:
Yeah that Tom Brady's a real scrub.

You missed the point, Brady is not the scrub, his receiver core is...

cowboys19

Reaction score
The thing that makes coaches great like Belichick, is he plays to his players strengths, and he covers up their weaknesses.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Even though the Seahags lost, they were in it all the way.

If not for a freak drop on a field goal try we would have beat the Sea hawks.....

I think that means we were "in it all the way" as well

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1314512 said:
If not for a freak drop on a field goal try we would have beat the Sea hawks.....

good point

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
zrinkill;1314512 said:

Given the talent around us we should have been more than just "in it."

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah scrubs.

Every team has scrubs at one position or another. The Pats happen to have a mildly no-name WR crew -- but the rest of that O? There's a ton of 1st day picks invested AND a very lucky QB pick. 10 first day picks invested by the Pats in the O out there today. Good drafting - yes. Scrubs, no way.

Tom Brady at QB.

RB -- Dillon (traded a 2nd for him), Maroney (1st round pick), and Faulk (2nd rounder).

TE - Watson (1st rounder), Graham (1st rounder), Thomas (3rd rounder),

OL - Makins (1st rounder), Kazur (3rd rounder), Light (2nd rounder)

WR -- Chad Jackson (2nd rounder) -- active today but didn't play a snap. And those two scrubs? Caldwell (2nd round pick in SD) and Gaffney (1st rounder in Houston) were both very highly regarded coming out of college.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The seahawks were in the superbowl last year (and got totally screwed by officiating or else they might have won it)... I wouldn't call them scrubs.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Here is the irony in this for me....we invest double digit signing bonuses and 1st/2nd round pick in these cats...then we create GAMEPLANS as if they are all street free agents that we NEED to protect

WHY in the H*LL would you spend big money and use premium draft picks on guys, then not unleash them. Why would you play cover 2 with Newman (a top 5 pick) and Henry who got 10M to sign? Why would you draft Spears in the first round and not allow him to attack? Why would you spend a #11 overall pick on Ware and not allow him to attack more often. In other words, if we are trying to protect them, then either they suck, you ability to evaluate talent sucks, or we do not have the b*lls to be agressive in a league the REQUIRES agression.

And while I am on it...why would you spend 10M on TO and make him a decoy..he SHOULD never be a decoy....get him the ball or cut him. Seriously to quote him "why am I here"?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
bbailey423;1314588 said:
Here is the irony in this for me....we invest double digit signing bonuses and 1st/2nd round pick in these cats...then we create GAMEPLANS as if they are all street free agents that we NEED to protect

WHY in the H*LL would you spend big money and use premium draft picks on guys, then not unleash them. Why would you play cover 2 with Newman (a top 5 pick) and Henry who got 10M to sign? Why would you draft Spears in the first round and not allow him to attack? Why would you spend a #11 overall pick on Ware and not allow him to attack more often. In other words, if we are trying to protect them, then either they suck, you ability to evaluate talent sucks, or we do not have the b*lls to be agressive in a league the REQUIRES agression.

And while I am on it...why would you spend 10M on TO and make him a decoy..he SHOULD never be a decoy....get him the ball or cut him. Seriously to quote him "why am I here"?

That's pure ignorance. TO had more passes thrown his way this year then he'd had in any of his prior seasons. You don't throw the ball MORE often to your "Decoys".

If he had caught HALF of his official drops, he would of had 97 catches this year. Those aren't the numbers of a "Decoy".

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Rack;1314589 said:
That's pure ignorance. TO had more passes thrown his way this year then he'd had in any of his prior seasons. You don't throw the ball MORE often to your "Decoys".

If he had caught HALF of his official drops, he would of had 97 catches this year. Those aren't the numbers of a "Decoy".
how many catches, yards, and TDs did he have in the "tournament"?

That is the only game that counts....the single elimination games!

If you don't understand that...you are ignorant!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
bbailey423;1314590 said:
how many catches, yards, and TDs did he have in the "tournament"?

That is the only game that counts....the single elimination games!

If you don't understand that...you are ignorant!

How many drops did he have in the "tournament"?

And the ignorance stays in your corner, where it belongs.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
abersonc;1314561 said:
Yeah scrubs.

Every team has scrubs at one position or another. The Pats happen to have a mildly no-name WR crew -- but the rest of that O? There's a ton of 1st day picks invested AND a very lucky QB pick. 10 first day picks invested by the Pats in the O out there today. Good drafting - yes. Scrubs, no way.

Tom Brady at QB.

RB -- Dillon (traded a 2nd for him), Maroney (1st round pick), and Faulk (2nd rounder).

TE - Watson (1st rounder), Graham (1st rounder), Thomas (3rd rounder),

OL - Makins (1st rounder), Kazur (3rd rounder), Light (2nd rounder)

WR -- Chad Jackson (2nd rounder) -- active today but didn't play a snap. And those two scrubs? Caldwell (2nd round pick in SD) and Gaffney (1st rounder in Houston) were both very highly regarded coming out of college.

like i said, scrubs:rolleyes:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Did you know Holmgren was on the verge of being fired just 2 seasons ago or his lack of success? He was forced to give up GM duties.

Belichek was fired in Cleveland.

Both know how to coach but no coach is a miracle worker.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
jterrell;1316032 said:
Did you know Holmgren was on the verge of being fired just 2 seasons ago or his lack of success? He was forced to give up GM duties.

Belichek was fired in Cleveland.

Both know how to coach but no coach is a miracle worker.

Well he impressed me the other day..

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1316049 said:
Well he impressed me the other day..

A friend of ours that is a Seahawks season ticket holder complains about him all the time (poor clock management, bad playcalling, gives up on the team when the game isn't going well).

The grass is always greener.