SCUF Gaming Controller

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Anyone who plays a lot of video games, particularly FPS games, you should check out this controller. It has two paddles on the back that takes the place of the X and O buttons on PS4 (unsure about buttons on Xbox). These paddles allow you to jumpshot and drop shot while keeping your thumbs on the analog sticks. This lets you jump and move while not having to stop aiming.

4PS-Pro-Edition-paddles-on-controller1.png

They also have other customizable aspects. The hairline trigger is awesome. You can adjust the resting position of the trigger button (R2 on PS4) to shorten the distance required to press down the button to fire. This can be adjusted anytime in case you want to play a different game. If you look at the adjusted button in front compared to the back, you can see the difference.

1280x720-hYE.jpg

Another option is trigger stops. These are on the aim and fire buttons as well. These stop you from having to push the fire buttons all the way down to fire a burst/semi waepon, allow much faster button pushes between shots.
scuf_fps_competition_wired_3.jpg

Other customizable options are colors, grips and analog stick heights. You can get a variety of designs from pro team themed, to just cool designs. The grips have finger slots and are made of a durable rubber giving great grip even with sweaty hands. The analog sticks are great. You can choose from 3 different heights with separate heights for each stick if desired. You can also choose from a domed or concave stick.
04_thumbsticks31.png

I would highly recommend getting one of these if you play a lot of FPS games.

https://scufgaming.com

AzorAhai

Reaction score
xbox elite controller is another option.

Yeah. There are several super competitive high end controllers out. SCUF seems to be the go to for a lot of the pro teams, though thst could be because they pay more as a sponsor.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I know it's a love/hate thing right now, but the Steam Controller is pretty awesome in my experience. Having what amounts to a trackpad instead of an analog stick is much better for me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
xbox elite controller is another option.

Harder to get option however, unless you order them.

They're difficult to get in a store or anything.

I have one cause it came in my Xbox Elite Bundle that I recently bought. I will say its an AMAZING controller. You can see a difference in how quickly you can fire. Plus it has different size sticks that you can put on. I use the taller ones which makes aiming more precise and easy to do. It's a great controller.

Now at 150 dollars it's very prohibitive for the casual gamer to get their hands on, even if they can find them. They're extremely expensive. Also unless you're super into the pro aspect of things I don't find that the paddles that you can place on the back (On the Elite Controller you can have up to 4 paddles on there to map to all four of the other buttons). I find them odd and find them very weird to use. You can't hold the controller correctly, IMO, if you're using those. It would take some serious getting used to.

Now all that said I'm very interested in getting myself a couple of Scuff Controllers after the new year. I plan on ordering myself at least 1 for my PS4 and 1 for my Xbox One. I might order 2 for my PS4 though. I'll see.

I don't care about the paddles, as I said, but I do want the trigger ability and I love that on Scuff controllers I can have them designed in any color, and such, that I want with my gamertag on them. I love that idea.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Harder to get option however, unless you order them.

They're difficult to get in a store or anything.

I have one cause it came in my Xbox Elite Bundle that I recently bought. I will say its an AMAZING controller. You can see a difference in how quickly you can fire. Plus it has different size sticks that you can put on. I use the taller ones which makes aiming more precise and easy to do. It's a great controller.

Now at 150 dollars it's very prohibitive for the casual gamer to get their hands on, even if they can find them. They're extremely expensive. Also unless you're super into the pro aspect of things I don't find that the paddles that you can place on the back (On the Elite Controller you can have up to 4 paddles on there to map to all four of the other buttons). I find them odd and find them very weird to use. You can't hold the controller correctly, IMO, if you're using those. It would take some serious getting used to.

Now all that said I'm very interested in getting myself a couple of Scuff Controllers after the new year. I plan on ordering myself at least 1 for my PS4 and 1 for my Xbox One. I might order 2 for my PS4 though. I'll see.

I don't care about the paddles, as I said, but I do want the trigger ability and I love that on Scuff controllers I can have them designed in any color, and such, that I want with my gamertag on them. I love that idea.

I like the paddles, but thats just personal preference. With the boosters and such in COD games lately the jumpshots are a big weapon to use. The rest of the features are more than enough to give you an edge on gun fights though. I love the option to take the rumbles put too. I have one and I love it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
PC FPS Gaming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Console FPS Gaming

No expensive controller need. Just a $15 Logitech Keyboard / Mouse combo. :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Anyone who plays a lot of video games, particularly FPS games, you should check out this controller. It has two paddles on the back that takes the place of the X and O buttons on PS4 (unsure about buttons on Xbox). These paddles allow you to jumpshot and drop shot while keeping your thumbs on the analog sticks. This lets you jump and move while not having to stop aiming.

4PS-Pro-Edition-paddles-on-controller1.png

They also have other customizable aspects. The hairline trigger is awesome. You can adjust the resting position of the trigger button (R2 on PS4) to shorten the distance required to press down the button to fire. This can be adjusted anytime in case you want to play a different game. If you look at the adjusted button in front compared to the back, you can see the difference.

1280x720-hYE.jpg

Another option is trigger stops. These are on the aim and fire buttons as well. These stop you from having to push the fire buttons all the way down to fire a burst/semi waepon, allow much faster button pushes between shots.
scuf_fps_competition_wired_3.jpg

Other customizable options are colors, grips and analog stick heights. You can get a variety of designs from pro team themed, to just cool designs. The grips have finger slots and are made of a durable rubber giving great grip even with sweaty hands. The analog sticks are great. You can choose from 3 different heights with separate heights for each stick if desired. You can also choose from a domed or concave stick.
04_thumbsticks31.png

I would highly recommend getting one of these if you play a lot of FPS games.

https://scufgaming.com

Cool looking controller. Do you think the features could apply smoothly as a fighting pad without the autos, big joystick, etc. for those who don't like the clunky platform type of fight sticks.or is this exclusively aimed at fps?

Last edited:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Cool looking controller. Do you think the features could apply smoothly as a fighting pad without the autos, big joystick, etc. for those who don't like the clunky platform type of fight sticks.or is this exclusively aimed at fps?

They have a circle pad that you can add on in place of the D pad that supposed helps in fighting games, buy I've never tried it. The trigger adjustments probably wouldn't help too much in fighting games though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They have a circle pad that you can add on in place of the D pad that supposed helps in fighting games, buy I've never tried it. The trigger adjustments probably wouldn't help too much in fighting games though.

Nah that's why you'd adjust the triggers back to normal.

I would imagine the scuff controller has the little tool with it that allows you to adjust the controller back out to normal on the triggers.

I know my Xbox Elite is a switch on the back for the triggers. If I want the FPS, quicker firing, triggers I flip the switch to that. If it's a different game where that wouldn't be a benefit then I switch that back to normal.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Nah that's why you'd adjust the triggers back to normal.

I would imagine the scuff controller has the little tool with it that allows you to adjust the controller back out to normal on the triggers.

I know my Xbox Elite is a switch on the back for the triggers. If I want the FPS, quicker firing, triggers I flip the switch to that. If it's a different game where that wouldn't be a benefit then I switch that back to normal.

It does come with a tool to do it. Basically a tiny allen wrench. The trigger stops pop out as well. The only thing that might be of benefit is the circle D-Pad cover. It's supposed to make combos easier to perform but I don't have it.
ScufPS4.jpg

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It does come with a tool to do it. Basically a tiny allen wrench. The trigger stops pop out as well. The only thing that might be of benefit is the circle D-Pad cover. It's supposed to make combos easier to perform but I don't have it.
ScufPS4.jpg

The elite controller also has the circle D pad. It's interchangeable with a regular D pad.

I use the circle D pad all the time. Now I don't play fighting games so I don't know if he does give a benefit there or not but I do like the way it feels to use.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The elite controller also has the circle D pad. It's interchangeable with a regular D pad.

I use the circle D pad all the time. Now I don't play fighting games so I don't know if he does give a benefit there or not but I do like the way it feels to use.

I don't play many games where I need the D-Pad so I didn’t spend the extra money on it. Aesthetically it does look a whole lot better though.