News: SDFW: Dallas Cowboys: Why Trysten Hill may already be the odd man out

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is 99% of the problem. He wasn't expected to walk in and produce. We all knew he was a bit of a project. It was a little disappointing season but not completely unexpected especially considering the Marinelli factor.
Its not really his lack of playing time that has people writing him off. We all knew he was unpolished. It was his work ethic that has everyone writing him off. That has nothing to do with Marinelli

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Its not really his lack of playing time that has people writing him off. We all knew he was unpolished. It was his work ethic that has everyone writing him off. That has nothing to do with Marinelli

Who besides Marinelli and I guess Garrett (don't know) stated his lack of work ethic. Did the Joneses say anything.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't blame us for drafting Hill, I would drafted him also. IN THE 6TH ROUND. Drafting him in the 2nd was just dumm.

Move on.

Exactly. It was beyond stupid to grab him in the 2nd. A complete project. That he struggled to stay in shape and slept during a meeting is beyond the pale. I don’t see how he makes the team. Maybe a guy that they can sneak on the PS?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He also wasn't expected to walk in with a bad attitude and spend most of the season inactive while they traded for other candidates either.

Needing development is one thing, being uncooperative and unreceptive to developing is quite another.

Bingo...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is the probably the strongest statement i've seen. We went and signed 2 interior defensive lineman to start, drafted a 3rd round interior lineman in Gillmore and then offered contracts to Woods and Hamilton with the intention of both of them being veteran interior backups

They literally signed 5 interior lineman in the last 5 months. You are correct, there essentially acting like Hill doesn't exist.......
Woods is not under contract, he's an exclusive rights free agent but is not signed. Marinelli was his sponsor, who knows what this new staff thinks of him. Hamilton is a journeyman who got no signing bonus and only 750K if he makes the team.