News: SDFW: Should Dallas Cowboys be angry and pessimistic of happy and optimistic?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know man, giving Jerry Jones the satisfaction of allowing him to make us angry is not an option.. If anything I'm more sickened by the fact that we have a prideful old man running our team who should be an auctioneer at a flea market as opposed to a GM..

Jerry makes some of you angry. I see the players who have been brought in and for the most part I have been happy with the talent. This is going to be something to follow closely this year on letting players walk and who do you retain. I expect GM to bring in talent, I think he has done that for the most part.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
7iRhi5U.jpg

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a 12 win season because the Division was the worst garbage ive seen in over 5 decades of watching cowboy football. Then add in the second half of the season when the Dak equation was solved. This team is really a .500 maybe 9-10 win team.
I'm optimistic because Qulnn will replace gasbag on the sidelines and KM has to be smart enough to get Dak out of the pocket.

visionary

Reaction score
Playoff futility for 26 years? Check
Moron owner/GM? Check
Average just in for the money HC? Check
Learn on the job overrated OC who got figured out last year? Check
Average QB being paid like an elite QB? Check
Entitled, undisciplined, overpaid players? Check

No significant change anticipated? Check

Any objective person would be angry and pessimistic

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Mea...not happy at how we blew a season with so much talent. Optimistic that the ship will get righted on the field if these bone heads don't screw it up and listen to the scouts and McClay.

plasticman

Reaction score
The article is a little ambiguous. They are talking about the fans and not the team. My first thought was that, as a whole, the players should be happy. They got paid big bucks, regardless.

As a fan I am more than angry, I am I am resigned to hopelessness and the reality that this team is run by an amateur that refuses to acknowledge his incompetence.

The Dallas Cowboys cannot achieve success in the playoffs with a part time, talent-less, unaccountable GM. Some see him as legitimate. The only way I could explain this phenomenon is that they have bought into the narrative that Jerry Jones has acceptable NFL credentials and accomplishments as a functioning GM.

In my opinion, and no insult intended for any poster, you are either pessimistic or you are gullible.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Happy and optimistic

Fact : 2020 : 6-10 , worse Defense in the NFL. No QB to talk of Defensive Coach just wasn't any good

2021: 12-5 Won the division, Playoffs.

Thats an upward trajectory. I'm happy with it. Now I must admit I didn't swallow Jerry's BS when He said we were a Super Bowl Team. I'm a Good Premise Good conclusion Kinda guy

I knew we needed more on defense, I knew the Oline needed patching (At Least). I knew Dak would struggle after damn near severing his ankle. I didn't let talking heads or Jerry change my mind.

So yeah I'm Happy with the improvement, not satisfied but happy and optimistic, You Damn skippy

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Happy and optimistic

Fact : 2020 : 6-10 , worse Defense in the NFL. No QB to talk of Defensive Coach just wasn't any good

2021: 12-5 Won the division, Playoffs.

Thats an upward trajectory. I'm happy with it. Now I must admit I didn't swallow Jerry's BS when He said we were a Super Bowl Team. I'm a Good Premise Good conclusion Kinda guy

I knew we needed more on defense, I knew the Oline needed patching (At Least). I knew Dak would struggle after damn near severing his ankle. I didn't let talking heads or Jerry change my mind.

So yeah I'm Happy with the improvement, not satisfied but happy and optimistic, You Damn skippy

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

When you have a GM that delusional it’s a serious problem! His BS and complete lack of awareness makes it really tough to be optimistic.

Reaction score
Happy and optimism are choices gentleman and ladies by the way

You choose happy optimistic, or pissed off, dejected and pessimistic. Pissin and whining all over every thing.

Like Tony Romo said " I'm by no means saying I got a raw deal from GOD. I'm very grateful.

Reaction score
Big D I don't pay attention to Jerry . Really I don't

GM's get players after that their job is done

I listen to coaches I listen to players

Reaction score
It was a 12 win season because the Division was the worst garbage ive seen in over 5 decades of watching cowboy football.

This is factually incorrect at best a flat out lie at worst. The NFCE was NOT the worst division in football. That just BS spewed over and over again until people swallow and regurgitate it

AFC SOUTH NFC NORTH were statistically and factually worse. A couple of divisions were about the same

They're were 2 playoff teams from the NFCE ?

Please stop peddling BS

That only accounts for 6 wins Nobody said this when The Patriots played in the Sorry AFCE

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
To be honest I don't think most players care either way. They make their millions either way. Soif you're not wired to play great or be great. The question needs to be amended to a third option. Do they even care?

Big_D

Reaction score
Big D I don't pay attention to Jerry . Really I don't

GM's get players after that their job is done

I listen to coaches I listen to players

There’s one common denominator. And Jerry’s job is year round. Plus he micromanages the coaches. Not trying to rain on your optimism, but it’s almost 3 decades of a clueless GM who actually thinks his team is good enough every year! You have no choice but to pay attention. He’s the face of the organization!

Praxit

Reaction score
...how about, "plain embarrassed". You cant win a 2nd playoff game, if your life depended on it.