SDogo Draft and FA Prep Thread V 1.0

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Picksix;4423137 said:
Where it's true Wade did a great job with that team, they added a lot of talent in the offseason for him, and they caught a bit of a break in terms of the teams they played. Nobody in their division had a good offense this year, and I think they only played, maybe, four teams that were in the top half of the league in scoring. NO hung 40 on them, and Balt and Oak both put up at least 25. When 11 of your games are against Cin, Cle, TB, Car, Mia, Jax, Ind, and Ten, you should do well defensively.

About the best post I've read when it comes to describing Wade's apparent success with the Texan defense.

I have the same thoughts about the Pittsburgh and Raven defenses for pretty much the same reasons... If you don't play many good passing offenses of course your stats are going to look great.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4423191 said:
About the best post I've read when it comes to describing Wade's apparent success with the Texan defense.

I have the same thoughts about the Pittsburgh and Raven defenses for pretty much the same reasons... If you don't play many good passing offenses of course your stats are going to look great.

It isn't just stats.... It is wins and losses which matter.
That Texans team won a playoff game with a rookie nobody QB.

The defense carried them to wins.

If you are talking coordinators there is no doubt Wade is a better coordinator than Garrett. I think we all know who is the better head coach but as a coordinator the discussion is just as cut and dry.

I believe both Wade and Rob Ryan are top 5 defensive coordinators. Both failing to do much with this group of players tells me the talent just sucks.

fortdick

Reaction score
jterrell;4423306 said:
It isn't just stats.... It is wins and losses which matter.
That Texans team won a playoff game with a rookie nobody QB.

The defense carried them to wins.

If you are talking coordinators there is no doubt Wade is a better coordinator than Garrett. I think we all know who is the better head coach but as a coordinator the discussion is just as cut and dry.

I believe both Wade and Rob Ryan are top 5 defensive coordinators. Both failing to do much with this group of players tells me the talent just sucks.

I am not sold that Ryan is a top 5 defensive coordinator. Maybe after a full off seaosn he can convince me. I have not given up on him, but I am not as giddy as some about his record.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;4422986 said:
Great question. I'm now quite worried DeCastro won't be there and have been thinking about Kuechly as well. Does he fit in a 3-4 scheme?

He's not imo ideal or the 3-4. He is undersized as a true ILB in a 34 and not fast or explosive enough at OLB in the 34 as well. However, if we are slowly moving back to the 4-3 he would be money along side Lee. For 1 year he'd be alright as we transition.

This is my opinion, but I would value the input of SDogo and Coachscout on him and about his possible fit.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
fortdick;4423355 said:
I am not sold that Ryan is a top 5 defensive coordinator. Maybe after a full off seaosn he can convince me. I have not given up on him, but I am not as giddy as some about his record.

I am not basing my thoughts of either guy just on last season but on bodies of work. Rob hasn't seemed to have much to work with at all recently but historically does a lot with a little.

Our DBs last season were just plain terrible. We saw TNew get jumped over twice in a row and guys constantly running free right at the line of scrimmage. It was just abysmal coverage skills. Jenkins couldn't life his arm sue to a shoulder injury so was zero threat to pick off anything. Scandrick got exposed when asked to start. It was just really bad.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SDogo;4422194 said:
Well, let me get permission to share a story first and it may help clear it up. Dallas had some help from 2 friends when it comes to Silatolu and there is a strong Cowboys connection with him as well.

Really not my details to share in depth so let me make sure I'm not burning a bridge before I say anything.

Silatolu has a Cowboys connection? Interesting. Looking forward to that story. Thanks.