Seahawks | Use of "12th Man" moniker angers Texas A&M

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:53:02 -0800

The Associated Press reports Texas A&M is upset with the Seattle Seahawks over their use of the "12th Man" moniker during Seahawks' home games. Texas A&M has twice registered trademarks for "The 12th Man" label, first in 1990 and again in 1996. The school claims they have contacted the Seahawks, but says the franchise "has been slow-rolling is." The Seahawks claim the media and fans are running with the slogan and that it has not been generated by the organization. Texas A&M could take the Seahawks to court, but say they are not prepared to take that course of action yet.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Oh please- pathetic. And, I have to say, that crowd was so jacked up for the Panthers game that the Panthers had saucer eyes- they really do have a great crowd- wish I could say the same for our home crowd.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I knew I shoulda trademarked '12th Man' when I sat the end of the bench on our jr hi basketball team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh brother. The world is gonna end.

That is almost as dumb as Alamo Rental Car suing The Alamo Bowl because they had not paid for the rights to be an Official Sponsor of the Bowl game. Yeah, that's right. They were pissed they didn't have to shell out millions. That is the mentality of a Rental Car Company headquartered in Florida, they felt they owned the word Alamo. The entire defense for the Alamo Bowl consisted of the Defense Attorney reading every business name in the San Antonio white pages that was "Alamo" whatever. It was effective, but I think he should have asked where the Alamo is remembered.

calico

Reaction score
typical aggie. I will wait for them to re-write history now in their favor.