Sean Lee accepts pay cut, Cowboys reportedly still in mix for Thomas-Undisputed

glimmerman

Reaction score
Thomas wants to play for us. He just wants to much money. He has already moved here. Maybe if he can’t work out a deal then he either comes down on price or retires.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Thomas wants to play for us. He just wants to much money. He has already moved here. Maybe if he can’t work out a deal then he either comes down on price or retires.

He made 10 Million per season in his last contract. His agent during media leak week said he wants 15 and Dallas said they want to pay 8. Its not hard to picture something working out around 10, especially now that two big spenders have already filled their dance cards.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
People need to get off this ET gig,, it just is never going to happen,, go back to posting pictures of your vacations on Facebook, or even better, taking your dog for a walk.
ET will come to Dallas only if every team in the league takes a pass on his 14 mill demand, and drops by half, and maybe two pushups just to push the deal through.

Sydla

Reaction score
If we hold at a 3-4 year deal at like $8-9MM per, someone is eventually going to swoop in and give him a much shorter term deal for more money.

In other words, I could see us slapping around trying to get him to take $9MM per and some team swoop in with a one year, $14MM deal that he takes and thinks he will then cash in again next offseason.

You see this all the time. Alshon Jeffery had a soft market, took a one year deal in Philly and parlayed that into a much more lucrative long term deal.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Thomas wants a long term big money deal, where is plays is an after thought.....
Reports i have read says he wants just a 2 year deal.......not sure about you but 2 years isn't a long term deal.

I agree about the big money part you said though.

He wants 2 year 30 million, Dallas said they are wanting more like 8-10 million a year. Perhaps a 2 year 24 million (12 a year) with incentives to get to 30 million could get it done.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
People need to get off this ET gig,, it just is never going to happen,, go back to posting pictures of your vacations on Facebook, or even better, taking your dog for a walk.
ET will come to Dallas only if every team in the league takes a pass on his 14 mill demand, and drops by half, and maybe two pushups just to push the deal through.

Does he really want to come to Dallas? No, his main interest is that his pockets are filled by the biggest fattest contract.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He made 10 Million per season in his last contract. His agent during media leak week said he wants 15 and Dallas said they want to pay 8. Its not hard to picture something working out around 10, especially now that two big spenders have already filled their dance cards.
If they can get him at 10 or 11 I think they pull the trigger.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or moves.
He actually moved to Austin, not the Dallas area. Austin is where he went to college and where he worked out in the off-season, and likely is where he wants his permanent home to be. It’s not unusual for players to have their permanent homes in a city they don’t play in, so I don’t think we can read too much into the move.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He actually moved to Austin, which is where he went to college and would work out in the off-season, and likely is where he wants his permanent home to be. It’s not unusual for players to have their permanent homes in a city they don’t play in, so I don’t think we can read too much into the move.
Isn’t taxes better there also.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
$9-10M guaranteed + 2M incentives = $12M per on 3 year deal. We stay within our range and he gets an extra 2M to save face and minimize our risk.