Twitter: Sean Lee cleared to play; Cassel to be active

DTown214

Reaction score
Yes! This means we get to see McClain and Lee on the field together for at least one play. Whoot! Whoot!

That is, provided nothing happens during pregame warm-ups.

Well that's only if Lee makes it through pre-game warm ups without tearing an ACL or something

jday

Reaction score
543.gif

Because one wasn't enough.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm curious if the closed practice was more to do with who is starting rather than worried about NE filming it.

slick325

Reaction score
Glad to hear that Lee can play Sunday. All hands on deck! Hopefully the talent level increase will help the defense and ultimately the entire team with Hardy, Ro McClain and Gregory joining Lee, Crawford and wait for it...........Mo Claiborne.

Regarding Cassell, glad he has a good enough grasp of the offense to be active. I trust him more than Moore (pardon the play on words) if pressed into spot duty if Weeden gets hurt. Hope they don't carry all three QB's on the active roster this week or going forward.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Knew Lee was gonna play. He knows how sorely this defense misses his presence. Against Atlanta that stretch when Lee had to get his lip stitched and missing most of the Saints game really showed that. He is not the only the leader. His ability to get to the edge and meet opposing backs. No match for opposing tight ends. Best coverage backer. Best playmaker on the field. Also can play down hill and get penetration in the back field by shooting gaps.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Good news on both. Now waiting for the Cassel should start comments....

So you mean to tell me that he has been starting? What is Garrett and the coaching staff doing? I thought he was HOF the way people on this board were talking.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is huge. Church and Hitchens will still be out there but the Patriots are all about getting those mismatches in the middle of the field and having Brady slice and dice secondaries. Hardy and McClain need to step up if we are going to slow the Pats down.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look, negative Norman. Go somewhere else with those negative vibes.

Not negative ...... just going by his history. It would be like calling someone negative for saying Suh will do something dirty to another player again.

fortdick

Reaction score
So we have turned on Lee now? A little adversity and this bunch will throw you under the bus quick! It is like this is an Giants forum giving opinions on the Cowboys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So we have turned on Lee now? A little adversity and this bunch will throw you under the bus quick! It is like this is an Giants forum giving opinions on the Cowboys.

You're right. I'm stuck in Giants country and you have no idea how so many of their fans talk out of both sides of their mouth. One week, Eli Manning is the worst QB in history; and the next week it's an absolute love affair with the guy.

And whenever they lose there is a disappearance of any and all Giants related hats, jackets, jerseys, etc. until they win again. I'm dead serious; during their six game losing streak last year I was lucky to have seen two fans total wearing anything Giants related in public. Then, once they won, boom, it was like I was in the Meadowlands.

Not all Giants fans are like this (I am good friends with a couple), but the vast majority I know are so quick to turn on them it's baffling. (Sorry if I got too far off topic).

RunDMC

Reaction score
Not negative ...... just going by his history. It would be like calling someone negative for saying Suh will do something dirty to another player again.

Possibly, but a concussion has nothing to do with Lee's injury history neither does the split lip for that matter. Thankfully it wasn't his knee that was injured.