Video: Sean Lee: Losing Hitchens To Injury A "Big Loss"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
8 weeks.

He'll probably be back week 6 or 7.

Durant can do the job if he's in shape. I actually thought Durant was better last year up until the Minnesota game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
8 weeks.

He'll probably be back week 6 or 7.

Durant can do the job if he's in shape. I actually thought Durant was better last year up until the Minnesota game.

Why would you say 6 or 7? Or is that just your natural tendency to predict what you hope would happen?

erod

Reaction score
Hitchens isn't great, but he makes a ton of tackles, and until now, he never gets injured. He's a lot like Brandon Carr in that way.

Fortunately, he should be OK fairly soon. Should miss five games and be back after the bye.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why would you say 6 or 7? Or is that just your natural tendency to predict what you hope would happen?

Just a guess.

It's still two more weeks until we play our first game so week 6 or 7 of the season will be around the 8 week mark.

erod

Reaction score
He's out 8 weeks, they think. There are two weeks until the season starts. The Cowboys play five games, then have a bye. Week 7 equals nine weeks from now.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's a big disappointment, he was having a great preseason and on a team like this, you really miss reliable players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just a guess.

It's still two more weeks until we play our first game so week 6 or 7 of the season will be around the 8 week mark.

Tough to say, but I would think he would return after the buy week. The buy week is #7.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a guess.

Not really a guess. You just counted to 8, right?

Losing Hitchens for 6 games or so is a big loss. Throw in Elliott (if it happens, though I think that time will be served later), Irving, Moore and maybe Wilson...this team is going to start the year with a lot of players we normally count on out of the lineup.

Only losing Hitch for part of the season is great news, though. I like Durant as a replacement, but you can't count on him to make it through a season. But Durant/Jaylon for six-eight weeks I feel pretty good about.

If we can survive early, the team ought to get better as we both add players and get the young defense much-needed experience.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not really a guess. You just counted to 8, right?

Losing Hitchens for 6 games or so is a big loss. Throw in Elliott (if it happens, though I think that time will be served later), Irving, Moore and maybe Wilson...this team is going to start the year with a lot of players we normally count on out of the lineup.

Only losing Hitch for part of the season is great news, though. I like Durant as a replacement, but you can't count on him to make it through a season. But Durant/Jaylon for six-eight weeks I feel pretty good about.

If we can survive early, the team ought to get better as we both add players and get the young defense much-needed experience.

The season is toast. Get over it already.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'll wait and see how things turn out. But thanks for your $.02.

Just kidding. But the defense is toast. This is why I dont pay attention to guys claiming SB runs after the draft. Plenty can happen between now and then. Since the draft we have found out a few more things:

-Zeke suspended 6 games
-The draft class wont contribute much this year
-MLB out for half the year

Did I leave anything out?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just kidding. But the defense is toast. This is why I dont pay attention to guys claiming SB runs after the draft. Plenty can happen between now and then. Since the draft we have found out a few more things:

-Zeke suspended 6 games
-The draft class wont contribute much this year
-MLB out for half the year

Did I leave anything out?

5764.jpg

Josh Mauga | Linebacker | #90
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (30) / 6/20/1987
Ht / Wt: 6'1' / 245
College: Nevada
Share:

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Chiefs released ILB Josh Mauga.
Mauga was a starter in 2014-15, but missed all of 2016 with a shoulder injury. He languished on the open market until July, and didn't show enough in the first five weeks of camp to earn a roster spot. Now on the wrong side of 30, Mauga's career could be winding down. Aug 28 - 1:01 PM

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The season is toast. Get over it already.

If the season is toast and all over already in your mind....please don't waste your and our time by constantly posting a bunch of negative crap all season just to troll and be a pain in the butt of the fans who want to see the team do well.

Just take that somewhere else.

If however you want to see the rest of the season play out before already giving up and don't wish to just troll the site with negativity...please feel free to stay on. And no...I am in no way shape or form joking. If you want to troll negative crap all year before starting before it even starts...go elsewhere.

dogberry

Reaction score
Is the NFL going to wait till after we cut to 53 to tell the Cowboys whether Wilson and Carroll are suspended?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This can't be right. I've read that Hitchens is just average by some.

he is, what makes him good is that he can play at average across the positions. hes solid average, whatever you want to phrase it. but he can be solid at any position. Is anyone going to fear him? no, but he can make a play here or there and he can sub in. Do we use him correctly? no, but thats not his fault. Id rotate him in more often and stick him at different positions. But hes not going to plug into any position and become a super star, no matter what anyone claims.

Hes a nice luxury.