Twitter: Sean Lee on The Herd talks about being a Cowboy and the Cowboys Defense

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan's error was trying to radically change the defense with no real off season for players to get acclimated to it. He had no chance of success given the path he took.

JayFord

Reaction score
the defense got much better as the year went on

they went from the worst defense in league history to below average

had this defense just been below average all year they wouldve easily taken the divison but those first 10 games sheesh

you couldve gotten those results with just 5 people out there

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It won't be popular but he's right about the defense getting better as the season progressed. I know it's not saying much but they played their best at the end of the season.

Makes you wonder if we made a mistake getting rid of Nolan. If that trajectory continued we would have been outstanding in 2026-2027ish.

Why wouldnt it be popular? They definitely did improve. They were still bad, but they weren't quite as bad as before. Bottom line is they got healthier for one. Then you have more experience and the dumbing down of the scheme.

Its one of the reasons why we were actually able to win some games at the end there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not a mistake but shows what ive been saying he was scapegoated , most likely would have had better plan with a real offseason and preseason games as Quinn has been afforded..

I understand what they did it but blaming this all on Nolan is a scapegoat's, he drew the short straw to appease the fan base..

He played with no name players after the bye all the FA were basically Duds the rookies never got training or evaluations and the offense and ST gaff put the already bad defense into so many poor situations that it made them appear historically bad when in fact they were just bad.. :)

fans want to forget how many TOs Daks offense had early and the stalled drives, penalties that created being behind the chains moment led to a lot of punting and other things that truly put the defense in bad situations they couldn't handle 2-3 more possessions, short fields , and some points give up by the TOS etc etc

its quite obvious but CZ fan talking heads want to say Nolan was the reason..

check talent and the other units because they helped in finishing 6-10

100% he was scapegoated. And not by only the FO, but the fans as well. But Nolan had to go. No way you could keep him no matter what the reasons for that debacle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the defense got much better as the year went on

they went from the worst defense in league history to below average

had this defense just been below average all year they wouldve easily taken the divison but those first 10 games sheesh

you couldve gotten those results with just 5 people out there

If the defense plays just below average the first 5 games and this team is 4-1. Dak doenst go down and we easily win the division going away.

Big D

Reaction score
I've always like #50 and I hope that he stays around in some capacity. Also, what he said about Dak is right on point with how I see it. Poise was the first thing I liked about him. The stage is not too big. I know that some of you think his qb talent is subpar but many qbs, with more talent, have melted under the pressure that being a starter brings.

John813

Reaction score
Damnit, you're really going to make me click the video.

lol

Creeper

Reaction score
I wonder what Sean Lee's career would have looked like had he not had all the injuries. Definitely a high character guy.

Just sorry I had to watch Cowherd to listen to what Lee was saying.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan's error was trying to radically change the defense with no real off season for players to get acclimated to it. He had no chance of success given the path he took.
Yes, even Parcells stayed with the 4-3 defense when he first arrived until he had time and the players to implement his beloved 3-4.

Changing schemes is difficult under the best of circumstances, but doing it without and off-season is almost impossible when the new scheme is radically different than the previous one.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes, even Parcells stayed with the 4-3 defense when he first arrived until he had time and the players to implement his beloved 3-4.

Changing schemes is difficult under the best of circumstances, but doing it without and off-season is almost impossible when the new scheme is radically different than the previous one.
That transition was hastened with the tremendous draft they had the offseason he decided to make the switch.

Parcells agreed to stay with the 43 because Jerry had just extended Zimmer and wanted to keep him.

All was fine in paradise in year one as BP somehow willed that talent devoid team to the playoffs.

6-10 the following year changed things.

I still lament the two year delay as I think Parcells would have done much more with the team he handed to Wade.....but it wasnt BPs first choice to stay 43 initially. I recall that distinctly.

Redline360

Reaction score
Meaningless until proven otherwise.

Same thing was said last year when Nolan was brought on board. Breath of fresh air, cant wait to play his defense, going to be much improved blah blah blah

Cebrin

Reaction score
It won't be popular but he's right about the defense getting better as the season progressed. I know it's not saying much but they played their best at the end of the season.

Makes you wonder if we made a mistake getting rid of Nolan. If that trajectory continued we would have been outstanding in 2026-2027ish.
As I was reading this I thought "Where's the punchline?", and you didn't fail me.