Sean Lee still has it

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The run fits on defense were the best they've been all year. I don't recall seeing one crease created by a defender not filling a gap. I'm guessing Lee playing and playing well had a lot to do with that. I'll leave that to the film wizards to determine.

Iago33

Reaction score
he is much better if he starts and gets the feel for flow of the game. he has this uncanny ability to time things, wait until right time to go to the ball carrier or receiver, but off the bench he is ineffective since he doesn't have the feel. only if he wasn't injury prone.... but its good to know we have such depth....
I can’t tell how much is the game flow thing and how much is position. Is there anywhere that charts how much time each LB has spent in the different positions (WLB, MLB, SLB)? I know the packages complicate that, but I’d love to see the snap counts.

quickccc

Reaction score
I was one that thought Cowboys should have moved on from injury prone Lee before the season.
But he's proved me wrong in managing to stay healthy this year, whereas I didn't think he could last anymore than 4 games tops as a starting SLB.

did the only 20 snaps per game play a part as a SLB play a big part in lengthening his season out ?

Lee actually has played very well the last two games that includes Philly, but when you face this kind of gamebreaker in Barkley and play a huge part
in totally shutting him down vs run (a mere 2.2 ypg) that included that huge tackle loss on a screen pass. ..he was the vintage old Sean Lee that was so
exceptional at anticipating and stuffing plays in the backfield before they even had a chance to develop.

Under these kind of roles and circumstances, could there be a scenario where
the Cowboys return Lee for another NFL season for on another 1 year contract ?
Or do they opt to make an offer to Joe Thomas (due to be a FA) as the new SLB starter ?