Sean Taylor & T.O. Disruption "R" Us

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Commanders Notes: League sources confirmed that rookie safety Sean Taylor, who had two interceptions and a touchdown Monday night ("Last week he really lit it up," Gibbs said, "not only in the game but in practice.") officially submitted paperwork with the NFL Players Association making Drew Rosenhaus his new agent. Taylor fired Rosenhaus two days after being taken with the fifth overall pick, used agents Jeffrey Moorad and Eugene Mato to negotiate his contract and then fired them last week and rehired Rosenhaus. Taylor, whose six-year deal includes $13 million in bonus money and could be worth a maximum of $40 million, was upset about the higher bonuses other top picks received after his deal was signed and is seeking to renegotiate, although the contract cannot be altered for one year. Taylor's appeal of his $25,000 fine for leaving the mandatory NFL rookie symposium remains under review and no decision has been made, sources said.

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Eagles receiver Terrell Owens insisted yesterday that he did not refer to former San Francisco teammate Jeff Garcia as being gay during an interview with Playboy magazine that is scheduled to hit newsstands Friday.

When asked about Garcia's denial of media rumors that he was gay, Owens said in the magazine, "If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it's a rat." Owens described his interview with Playboy's Dewey Hammond as a "loose" conversation that led to his answer about Garcia, who is now the quarterback in Cleveland.

"My thing was that I did not say he was gay," Owens said yesterday. "I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not. He had a girlfriend when we were in San Fran, and there's been reports he has a girlfriend now, so that was the extent of it. Everyone is going to make a big deal about it, but like I said, it's not like I came out and said Jeff is gay. People asked me the same question about Steve Young. Everybody is going to have their rumors."

Interestingly, Garcia's girlfriend, Carmella Decesare, was a high-profile bystander at Browns practice yesterday. And she just happens to be the 2004 Playboy Playmate of the Year.

Owens' comments angered the lesbian and gay community. "Terrell Owens needs to make a public apology," said Rita Addessa, executive director of the Lesbian and Gay Task Force of Philadelphia.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Commanders Notes: League sources confirmed that rookie safety Sean Taylor, who had two interceptions and a touchdown Monday night ("Last week he really lit it up," Gibbs said, "not only in the game but in practice.") officially submitted paperwork with the NFL Players Association making Drew Rosenhaus his new agent. Taylor fired Rosenhaus two days after being taken with the fifth overall pick, used agents Jeffrey Moorad and Eugene Mato to negotiate his contract and then fired them last week and rehired Rosenhaus. Taylor, whose six-year deal includes $13 million in bonus money and could be worth a maximum of $40 million, was upset about the higher bonuses other top picks received after his deal was signed and is seeking to renegotiate, although the contract cannot be altered for one year. Taylor's appeal of his $25,000 fine for leaving the mandatory NFL rookie symposium remains under review and no decision has been made, sources said.

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Eagles receiver Terrell Owens insisted yesterday that he did not refer to former San Francisco teammate Jeff Garcia as being gay during an interview with Playboy magazine that is scheduled to hit newsstands Friday.

When asked about Garcia's denial of media rumors that he was gay, Owens said in the magazine, "If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it's a rat." Owens described his interview with Playboy's Dewey Hammond as a "loose" conversation that led to his answer about Garcia, who is now the quarterback in Cleveland.

"My thing was that I did not say he was gay," Owens said yesterday. "I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not. He had a girlfriend when we were in San Fran, and there's been reports he has a girlfriend now, so that was the extent of it. Everyone is going to make a big deal about it, but like I said, it's not like I came out and said Jeff is gay. People asked me the same question about Steve Young. Everybody is going to have their rumors."

Interestingly, Garcia's girlfriend, Carmella Decesare, was a high-profile bystander at Browns practice yesterday. And she just happens to be the 2004 Playboy Playmate of the Year.

Owens' comments angered the lesbian and gay community. "Terrell Owens needs to make a public apology," said Rita Addessa, executive director of the Lesbian and Gay Task Force of Philadelphia.

Are they mad because he said "If it smells like a rat" instead of if it smells like a duck? Come to think of it, I don't blame them. Ducks do have that cute little waddle when they walk. :rolleyes:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score

I guess that squashes that :p

Yeagermeister

Reaction score

He's dating her?????? :eek:

chargrove

Reaction score
I would say maybe she's his beard, but ladies like that aren't interested in being one of those. Like it's anyone's business in the first place. Just why is T.O. so interested in Garcia's sex preference in the first place?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
chargrove said:
I would say maybe she's his beard, but ladies like that aren't interested in being one of those. Like it's anyone's business in the first place. Just why is T.O. so interested in Garcia's sex preference in the first place?

I agree that TO seems to be too interested in Garcia's preference :D

kmd24

Reaction score
The guy who wants to practice in his tights is calling another player gay?

I'm trying to remember...does that make TO the pot or the kettle?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
chargrove said:

maybe the whole Garcia-Owens fued erupted when Owens tried to get in Garcia's pants...maybe Garcia shunned him

:eek:

David

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the only indication that Garcia is gay is that he speaks somewhat effeminently. But maybe that's just his ploy in getting girls to let their guard down.

I Googled that girlfriend of his and WOW! If he's gay, he's doing one heck of a job of hiding it. Kudos to you, Mr. Garcia.

After looking at those pics, I think TO's just jealous of him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If he is gay, what a waste.

decesare_4.jpg

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Owens personal life (shudder) isn't something anyone's going to spend much time contemplating. But has anyone ever seen his name linked with a woman's?

He's 31, single, no children, right? The no children part is fine - who'd want to see him reproduce?

But for a player with his level of fame/notoriety, you'd think he'd have been associated with some girl at some time. Played in California..some singer, model, starlet.

But, to each his own.

Not that I think for TO "his own" is another man.

In this case, it's a mirror.

AJM1613

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Owens personal life (shudder) isn't something anyone's going to spend much time contemplating. But has anyone ever seen his name linked with a woman's?

He's 31, single, no children, right? The no children part is fine - who'd want to see him reproduce?

But for a player with his level of fame/notoriety, you'd think he'd have been associated with some girl at some time. Played in California..some singer, model, starlet.

But, to each his own.

Not that I think for TO "his own" is another man.

In this case, it's a mirror.

He said Nicole Kidman is hotter than Christina Aguliera (SP).

Take it for what it is worth...