Sean Taylor post from Extremeskins

SAboys889

Houstonboys13
Reaction score
I just don't get it. And the most surprising thing is that several of the other posters agreed with him???????????? Maybe he was just being sarcastic and the others didn't get it. I would however have expected this from an Eagles' fan.j/k

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1424971#post1424971

To all my fellow extremeskins members,

I have been a member for roughly a year and I rarely post on the site; I just read the threads. With that said,
I must defend Sean Taylor

Sean Taylor is the best thing to happen to the Commanders since the first coming of Joe Gibbs. Sean Taylor is the fire that will drive the Commanders to the Super bowl. So what if he threatened to kill somebody....they stole his ride for christ sake. If somebody stole your ride, you'd too go after them like a bat out of hell.

Sean Taylor symbolizes all that is right in this world...people who fight for their property and principals

I am sick of all these "Commander" fans *****ing about Sean Taylor and his actions.......he's just looking out for himself and his principals....i would expect the same from the rest of you.

Might I ask; who wouldn't ask for more money if given the opportunity. He is a low income Black male who was thrown into money....Can you blame him

I would be heart broken to see such a wonderful human being leave the greatest team in the National Football League.

God Bless Sean Taylor, The Commanders, and most important, my fellow Extremeskins members.

Merlin

Reaction score
Maybe that is his agent speaking. Because what he did is indefensible and furthermore just plain stupid. That is why you have full coverage auto insurance. It's a material thing, it can be replaced. Now if he ends up in jail, how did he help his team? Thats the problem, he's not a team player just as many players from Miami. Their loyalty is to their college program first which is ridiculous.

This makes Ricky Williams look like a choir boy.

sacase

Reaction score
This moron must think we live in the Wild West still, and that laws only apply to poor and middle class and Martha Steuart. He broke the law he should get time just liek everyone else period.

I am sick and tired of people thinking that he came from the hood or from a poor family. His dad is the chief of police and probally makes well over 100k a year. That is far from poor. Hello!!! Just because you are black does not mean you are poor.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Look, I'm a Liberterian type, gun enthusiast type who is normally the first one to defend people who want to protect their personal property. The problem is that this seems to be premeditated. If he were in his car and someone attempted to carjack him, I'd be 100% behind him using a gun to defend himself. But from what I read, he left the scene and returned with a gun. The incident lasted awhile. He should have called the police and let them handle it, but instead he was caught up in his posse and being a thug.

If we're wrong about this, by the way, and he was defending himself, I doubt the aggravated assault charge will stick.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Like usual, you all have judged Sean Taylor's actions by your own subjective views of what is right and morally correct.

The simple truth here is that Taylor went after his stolen property with force. He isn't being charged with anything that correlates to that. He's being charged for the fact he shot up the guy's house. If I recall correctly, there's no action being taken against the guy who took his property.

It may seem like celebrity profiling, but Taylor is getting the short end of this stick.

burmafrd

Reaction score
So taking the law into your own hands for an ATV is OK with you?
For something he could replace with what is for him pocket change?
He risks his career and maybe his life for that?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Houstonboys13 said:
I just don't get it. And the most surprising thing is that several of the other posters agreed with him???????????? Maybe he was just being sarcastic and the others didn't get it. I would however have expected this from an Eagles' fan.j/k

I have been a member for roughly a year and I rarely post on the site; I just read the threads. With that said,

Sean Taylor is the best thing to happen to the Commanders since the first coming of Joe Gibbs. Sean Taylor is the fire that will drive the Commanders to the Super bowl. So what if he threatened to kill somebody....they stole his ride for christ sake. If somebody stole your ride, you'd too go after them like a bat out of hell.

Sean Taylor symbolizes all that is right in this world...people who fight for their property and principals

I am sick of all these "Commander" fans *****ing about Sean Taylor and his actions.......he's just looking out for himself and his principals....i would expect the same from the rest of you.

Might I ask; who wouldn't ask for more money if given the opportunity. He is a low income Black male who was thrown into money....Can you blame him

I would be heart broken to see such a wonderful human being leave the greatest team in the National Football League.

God Bless Sean Taylor, The Commanders, and most important, my fellow Extremeskins members.

this isnt all that surprising of a post, be that it comes from a typically delusional Skins fan...I mean come on, they honestly believe every yr they are gonna be 14-2 to 16-0 and win the championship, they rationalize how they annually have the best roster ever created...they REALLY think this stuff

Dav

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
Like usual, you all have judged Sean Taylor's actions by your own subjective views of what is right and morally correct.

The simple truth here is that Taylor went after his stolen property with force. He isn't being charged with anything that correlates to that. He's being charged for the fact he shot up the guy's house. If I recall correctly, there's no action being taken against the guy who took his property.

It may seem like celebrity profiling, but Taylor is getting the short end of this stick.

Wow. I'm actually judging his actions based on the laws of our land not some subjective view of moral behavior. The thief is wrong, but let's not lose sight of the fact that what Taylor did was totally illegal. You'd probably be a good lawyer. Cochran 101: Let's focus on a cop who made some inappropriate comments and not the fact that a man slaughtered 2 people and his DNA was all over the place and he fled in a Bronco (clearly the behavior of an innocent man). But I digress....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

"thug apologist" mean anything to you?

David

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Hold on a minute. Theres no proof that those guys stole his property, he just thought they did and shoved a gun in someone's face. If thats what happened, thats a crime, period! And in Florida its a mandatory minimum of 3 years in jail. What would any normal person do in this situation? Call the police and tell them who he thought stole it and let them investigate. Theres some reason he didn't do that and that may be a bigger underlying question to ask. Is it possible he's mixed up with people and other things that he could not involve the police because they would uncover more serious things going on, or does he just want to be a thug? Who knows?

CalMor

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

Listen to what you are saying. "HE SHOT UP THE GUY'S HOUSE" . Had he hit the guy or a child or any other person fot that matter, then would it had made it wrong? And for what? His life was not threatened. When you pull a gun, and aim it at an unsure object, knowing you could kill someone, you are a dangerous person.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I hate all things Commanders, and I wish nothing but misery on them. I would laugh myself silly if Sean Taylor were locked up for the next 5-10 years.

That said, I have the sneaking suspicion that when all is said and done, we're going to find out that Sean Taylor did not act as outrageously as first impressions imply.

My hunch is that he certainly punched someone, which may not have been the best judgement, but is understandable given the circumstances (i.e. believing the person he punched stole his property). I would wager that most people here would do something similar in a similar situation.

The tipping point of this situation is whether or not he pointed or flashed a gun at the other party. If he did, he is probably in a lot of trouble. But it would not surprise me if this point is never proven or is proven to be false. For the gun charge to carry any credence, there will have to be impartial witnesses to state that he, himself, brandished the gun. If it turns out to be simply an accusation from those he was having an argument with, then that is not enough to convict him. And if it is true that shots were fired AT Taylor, then it is likely that the person firing those shots would say that Taylor showed a gun first, regardless of whether or not that were true.

Like I said before, I hope Taylor goes to jail, just for the humor of the situation, but I can see a legitimate defense of him shaping up already as more facts come to light. His defenders may be guilty of some overstatement, but they are not standing on wholly shaky ground.

In the end, this may work out for the best for the Skins. This incident may remove all of Taylor's leverage regarding his hold-out, and they could have him back by training camp for the amount his contract calls for.

:skins:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
sacase said:
This moron must think we live in the Wild West still

Funny you say that.

One of their moderators had this to say:

Well, there is a very reasonable explanation for him not calling the police in the first place and for him taking matters into his own hands. That reasonable explanation is he's a man. Society no longer finds that as reasonable as it once was, of course, and, certainly, we have NO IDEA what happened that night so we don't know if this is an area you could even find Taylor somewhat admirable for trying to deal with a problem like a man or not.

Still, we know not all problems need to be taken to the cops. Sometimes a problem can be resolved by simple imposing one's will on another. This is why men exist. This is why there's a pecking order among us
smile.gif
. Calling the police is for soccer players
smile.gif

Yes, some of this is a bit of a joke, but, some of it isn't. He who figures out which part wins nothing, but, will likely enjoy this post. The rest will sit back and say, "That's crazy. This isn't the Wild West. We're civilized. We shouldn't do that. Men shouldn't BE men."

And they'll be upset while looking on an old soccer photo of themselves
smile.gif

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Funny you say that.

Well, there is a very reasonable explanation for him not calling the police in the first place and for him taking matters into his own hands. That reasonable explanation is he's a man. Society no longer finds that as reasonable as it once was, of course, and, certainly, we have NO IDEA what happened that night so we don't know if this is an area you could even find Taylor somewhat admirable for trying to deal with a problem like a man or not.

Still, we know not all problems need to be taken to the cops. Sometimes a problem can be resolved by simple imposing one's will on another. This is why men exist. This is why there's a pecking order among us
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yes, some of this is a bit of a joke, but, some of it isn't. He who figures out which part wins nothing, but, will likely enjoy this post. The rest will sit back and say, "That's crazy. This isn't the Wild West. We're civilized. We shouldn't do that. Men shouldn't BE men."

smile.gif

These are the same Commander fans that continually refer to the early 90's Cowboys as convicts... reprobates... and thugs...

My how different they are when the tables are turned...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
trickblue said:
These are the same Commander fans that continually refer to the early 90's Cowboys as convicts... reprobates... and thugs...

These same Commander fans also characterize all Cowboy fans as hillybilly Texans with two teeth.

Nothing could be further from the truth as the majority of Cowboy fans (and even those at this site) are not Texans, and have a full compliment (or close to it) of teeth.

This particular clod has a habit of becoming an internet tough guy. That is very impressive. At least to him.

Hoov

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Funny you say that.

smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Im not for violence, Im usually the guy saying "can't we all just get along" but its people that think like this that make me want to fight them.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
trickblue said:

And even more ironic since Washington D.C has the strictest gun laws in the country. Never thought I'd hear a Commanders fan advocating that sort of thing!

CalMor

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Let me preface by saying I hate all things Commanders, and I wish nothing but misery on them. I would laugh myself silly if Sean Taylor were locked up for the next 5-10 years.

:skins:

Can I use this as a sig?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Houstonboys13 said:

Somehow, when I read that post, it strikes me as dripping with sarcasm...

"Sean Taylor is the best thing to happen to the Commanders since the first coming of Joe Gibbs. Sean Taylor is the fire that will drive the Commanders to the Super bowl."

"Sean Taylor symbolizes all that is right in this world...people who fight for their property and principals"

"I would be heart broken to see such a wonderful human being leave the greatest team in the National Football League."

My favorite part, I think, was where he referred to Taylor as a "low income black male"... seems to me that his daddy is a police chief, and while you won't get rich doing that, you certainly won't qualify as "low income"...

Yeah, I think SOMEBODY had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, and is probably highly amused that you and some Skins fans took him seriously...

Either that, or the guy is the biggest idiot who ever drew a breath... LOL...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

KD, looks like you oughta inform yourself of the facts before posting further on this subject...

Fact-- the police say that Taylor did NOT shoot at anybody...

Fact-- the police say that Taylor was shot AT...

Fact-- Taylor is accused of brandishing a gun at 2 people he claimed stole 2 of his ATVs, of threatening them with it... but again, no shots were apparently fired...

Fact-- Taylor is also accused of returning the the scene a bit later and hitting one of the guys he claimed stole his property, while his buddy chased the other with a baseball bat...

Unless there have been further developments today, those are the facts as we know them... the key point here is that according to police spokesmen, Taylor did not shoot his gun at any time during this incident...

Now, he's still charged with one felony and one misdemeanor, and I'm certainly not suggesting he's an innocent victim in this... I'm just setting the facts straight...