Sean Taylors co-defendant may become a prosecution witness

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Getting plea from the person with the lesser chanrge happens ALL THE TIME, to athletes and non-athletes.

Only when its a non-athlete, nobody cares and you don't have fans and apologists making conspiracy theories.
That's right Roshi, getting an accomplice to turn state's is the core of prosecution today. Top notch investagatory police work is for CSI.

It's not a conspiracy of any sort, tho some will feel the bat wielder perhaps should not be the lesser chargee...bottom line is who had the gun.

Not a conspiracy by any means, but I still feel Taylor's celebrity cost him this time..because the 'teeth" of a new gun law won't sink very deep if the public starts caterwauling a cop's kid/football star is above it.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
You should know by now that I am far from a homer... We have discussed this recently.

I know that anybody who keeps frantically insisting that Taylor is not in serious trouble, as you do, is just trying to convince himself that everything's OK...

Yup, you're a homer, all right... the ONLY reason you're unwilling to entertain even the mere possibility that Sean is a sociopathic THUG is your blatant homerism... even when you have a veritable mountain of evidence that pre-existed this latest sociopathic episode...

I recognize the syndrome, we had a bunch of guys who were quick to leap to any Cowboys' defense when they ran afoul of the law, without bothering to ascertain the facts... we even had guys trying to defend Dwayne Goodrich, for cryin' out loud...

Why would anyone accept a plea agreement when the people who claim you committed a crime are not credible ? Seriously.....

Where exactly did I suggest Taylor should accept a plea bargain?? He'd be a stone idiot to do that, knowing that celebrities regularly get away with murder...

Literally...

That is just plain stupid.

Even if he accept a plea that just means his credibility is lesser.

Would you agree ?

Yes, and no... accepting a plea means he accepts that HE was guilty of the things he was charged with... obviously, accepting such a plea means he's been convicted of a crime, which lessens his credibility... at the same time, those jurors are gonna be telling themselves that he wouldn't have accepted a plea bargain if he was INNOCENT... so, if he's guilty, then it's quite likely that Taylor is too...

Unless, of course, the defense is able to pack the jury box with mindless homers like you...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Telling myself what ?

That is the job of the prosecution. We remember the recent MJ case dont we ? ....Reasonable Doubt. That is the bottom line.

ROTFLMAO... no, you're not a homer... you're just DESPERATELY hoping that Taylor will GET OFF, because he's a celebrity, and sometimes they get a free pass...

Nowhere do I see any concerns from you about whether or not Sean is GUILTY...

DA's file BS charges all the time based on circumstancial evidence.

Doing so in a high profile case like this would be almost suicidal... LOSING a high profile case does not further a prosecutor's ambitions...

Now I have said before on several occasions that if Taylor did the crime he deserves the time. I have no qualms about that.

And yet, you seem completely unwilling to even consider the possibility that Sean might be guilty, and that his codefendant might actually get on the stand and tell the truth...

But I need more than an alleged baseball bat wielding guy and a couple of alleged theives to convince me. And I am pretty sure you would feel the same if the circumstances were reversed.

I have little doubt that Sean would be as safe as if he was in the arms of Jesus if YOU were in the jury box...

It's clear that the ONLY thing you care about is gettin' Taylor clear to play football...

silverbear

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Well, you're not going to get witnesses that sit on any board of trustees with this one. So what would it take to convince you?

This homer wouldn't believe it if the prosecutors put Jesus Christ on the stand to testify to what happened...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
silverbear said:
You first-- let's examine the errors in usage of the English language in YOUR first post, Professor:

Are you.. AKA.. dargonking999 ? Geez, Jeez, Jesus, OMFG...etc...

silverbear said:
"IMO" is not a grammatically correct sentence, it is a sentence fragment... had you put a comma after "to begin with", rather than a period, then you would have had a proper sentence...

Oops... error, not a full post of transposed letters.

Contractions like the word "won't" require an apostrophe, which seems to be missing here...

The moral to this story is if you wish to play this board's English teacher, you'd be wise to first look to your own inadequate usage of the language...
Not playing english teacher at all (Nor do I expect all of my posts to be perfect). But...When I have to decipher every other word it makes me think there might be a learning disorder.

LOL... man, you're just the homer's homer, aren't you?? ANY good prosecuting attorned would be looking to "flip" somebody who was with Taylor at the time of the incident, as his testimony would be more compelling than that of the "victims"...

Of course they would if the witness was CREDIBLE.

IOW, flipping a co-defendant would take an already adequate case and make it all but bulletproof... doing so is no indication of the prosecution having a "weak case", that's just wishful thinking on your part...

The Prosecution in the MJ case claimed that at least 5 boys were molested over the years, and had witnesses to confirm this. Problem is that 3 of them came to the stand and denied any such actions.

How pathetic you are, desperately hoping that Taylor beats the charges, with seemingly no thought given to whether he's guilty of the charges or not... you don't care, you just want your safety back on the field...

Not convinced of guilt but at the same time not convinced of innocence. I dont want criminals on the field. Sorry you have me confused with a Ravens Fan.

Anybody with a lick of decency, Skins fan or not, should be OUTRAGED at the mere possibility that Sean did such a thing... happily, most Skins fans have the right attitude about this, and most of them would be annoyed with you for witlessly backing the guy...

Am I backing him ? Or is that just your perception ?

Seems you've already rushed to judgement, and decided that Taylor is innocent, but it also seems that the only reason you've reached that judgement is that you WANT it to be the case so badly...

I never, ever, have stated that this idiot was innocent. You must have me mistaken for someone else.

What I have said over the past few weeks......Check my posts......

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
This homer wouldn't believe it if the prosecutors put Jesus Christ on the stand to testify to what happened...
silver bear in mid-season form :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
silverbear said:
This is why you're better off if the company you keep is a bit disreputable. No one is going to believe them when they say you did something bad. LOL

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Are you.. AKA.. dargonking999 ? Geez, Jeez, Jesus, OMFG...etc...

No, I'm just a guy who believes that if one wishes to criticize other folks' grammar, then he should make REAL sure his own is correct...

Not playing english teacher at all (Nor do I expect all of my posts to be perfect). But...When I have to decipher every other word it makes me think there might be a learning disorder.

And yet, it seems that were able to "decipher" what he said just fine... nope, it's pretty clear that your criticisms were intended to be insulting, to put the poster on the defensive...

Which is fine, I sometimes enjoy doing that to trolls, just because I know it makes them work harder at editing their posts before sending them... and that makes their little game less entertaining, more like work...

But again, if you wish to adopt that pseudointellectual, superior pose, it's on you to make sure your usage of the language is correct... if you're not willing to do that, perhaps you should pass on the criticisms in the first place...

silverbear

Reaction score
Charles said:
silver bear in mid-season form :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2:

The "smack" season is 12 months a year... says so right here on the license... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
This is why you're better off if the company you keep is a bit disreputable. No one is going to believe them when they say you did something bad. LOL

Then I'm probably bulletproof...

I hang out with you guys... LOL...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
silverbear said:
No, I'm just a guy who believes that if one wishes to criticize other folks' grammar, then he should make REAL sure his own is correct...

Fair enough.

And yet, it seems that were able to "decipher" what he said just fine... nope, it's pretty clear that your criticisms were intended to be insulting, to put the poster on the defensive...

Which is fine, I sometimes enjoy doing that to trolls, just because I know it makes them work harder at editing their posts before sending them... and that makes their little game less entertaining, more like work...

But again, if you wish to adopt that pseudointellectual, superior pose, it's on you to make sure your usage of the language is correct... if you're not willing to do that, perhaps you should pass on the criticisms in the first place...

If I were trying to insult, it would have been on one of the many, many, posts that this person has made.

I have been reading your posts long enough, that I know that you can see through the garbage.

:D

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
"The state wants to resolve our case on July 11. But right now we have no reason to cooperate. I don't see the court proving its case."

Taylor can't be upset with this statement.