Sean wanted Romo per Mort

cowboysfan

Reaction score
Heard from NFL Sunday, Sean wanted Romo in Saints but was rebuffed by Bill. It was mentioned Romo broke some record set quite some time ago by Sean's team. I think this Romo kid is like hot cake now, and a must see show tonight.

parchy

Reaction score
cowboysfan;1124370 said:
Heard from NFL Sunday, Sean wanted Romo in Saints but was rebuffed by Bill. It was mentioned Romo broke some record set quite some time ago by Sean's team. I think this Romo kid is like hot cake now, and a must see show tonight.

I hope people aren't hiking up their expectations.

This is what I see happening - about 30% of our fan base will sit here thinking the Cowboys are legit Super Bowl contenders and will expect Romo to play as such. So when he makes rookie mistakes, which are inevitable, they will call for his head.

Look, the guy needs development time like anybody else. I don't expect anything at all out of him until next year. If he gives us some positives tonight, great. But I'm expecting the worst.

ghst187

Reaction score
Yeah Payton wanted Romo. I wonder if they would've signed Brees if Payton would've been able to get Romo.
And obviously Payton is smarter than our coaching staff...he has a crappy ensemble of castoffs and marginally talented folks sitting near the top of the NFC while we have an array of top draft picks, high priced FAs, and hidden gems but we're at .500, probably about to dip under.
Obviously, Payton knows his stuff and saw what he liked in Romo.
Glad (and VERY surprised) that BP broke through his stubborness to start Romo.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
parchy;1124384 said:

This is what I see happening - about 30% of our fan base will sit here thinking the Cowboys are legit Super Bowl contenders and will expect Romo to play as such. So when he makes rookie mistakes, which are inevitable, they will call for his head.

Look, the guy needs development time like anybody else. I don't expect anything at all out of him until next year. If he gives us some positives tonight, great. But I'm expecting the worst.
I don't think anyone is under any illusions as to what we can expect. What we know is Romo has some ability, and more than Bledsoe at this point so we have reason to be optimistic.

parchy

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1124399 said:
I don't think anyone is under any illusions as to what we can expect. What we know is Romo has some ability, and more than Bledsoe at this point so we have reason to be optimistic.

This is exactly my point. How you can even begin to say that is beyond me.

burmafrd

Reaction score
A couple of years agothe saints were playoff contenders. Bad coaching and Brooks kept them out. They actually have a fair amount of talent. Payton appears to be able to get the most out of it so far. Its not a miracle.

cowboysfan

Reaction score
ghst187;1124395 said:
Yeah Payton wanted Romo. I wonder if they would've signed Brees if Payton would've been able to get Romo.
And obviously Payton is smarter than our coaching staff...he has a crappy ensemble of castoffs and marginally talented folks sitting near the top of the NFC while we have an array of top draft picks, high priced FAs, and hidden gems but we're at .500, probably about to dip under.
Obviously, Payton knows his stuff and saw what he liked in Romo.
Glad (and VERY surprised) that BP broke through his stubborness to start Romo.

That's my thoughts as well. Wonder if Parcell would pull a "henson" tonight, that is started henson and then replaced by Vinny after half time and the rest of season, probably under pressure. But it seems Parcell is more convicted now.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
parchy;1124407 said:
This is exactly my point. How you can even begin to say that is beyond me.

Ummmm...maybe because it's obvious?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Tass;1124457 said:
Ummmm...maybe because it's obvious?

dude hasnt played a game, to see he has more ability is very premature

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Didn't the Jets offer a 3rd or 4th round pick for him last year. Or was that the Saints?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Romo showed in one half a lot more than what Bledsoe has in 5 1/2 games this season.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
parchy;1124384 said:

I agree. I'm cautiously optimistic because I like Romo's attitude. But, what have we seen except a few quarters of real game experience and preseason play? Not much, although we've all seen flashes.

Sure, if the guy comes out on fire, I'll be extremely happy. But, just getting better from now on and being consistently good is what I'm hoping for in the end result. I don't want to have my expectations too high, and then have them come crashing down.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score

Oh, that's exactly what's happening. Look, I want TR to be "The Guy" just as much as anyone, but until I was like 35, I had basically 3 QB's I followed: Roger, Danny, and Troy. That'll spoil a guy.

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon of _____. Insert: QC, Chutch, and Henson -- who all sucked, but were "THE Guy of the Future" at one time.

cowboys19

Reaction score
I never liked Henson tho. He always looked rusty and didnt have a good throwing motion, not to mention his drop back was so slow

J-DOG

Reaction score
cowboysfan;1124370 said:
Wow that really is breaking news Mort....

ESPN is finally reporting something Cowboy fans have known for months.

Funny but I also noticed this week that the Mike and Mike morning show gave their back-handed apology of the Jerry Jones sound bite about JJ being disappointed about the qb change.

There apology was in the form of Jerry was disappointed in having to make a qb change and not in having Romo starting.

That took all of about 5 seconds to say and that was all.

That after taking most of their morning show the day before talking about how JJ and Parcells were at odds about the qb's.

ESPN sucks.

ravidubey

Reaction score
parchy;1124384 said:

Tom Brady made his share of rookie mistakes but Belichek and Weiss gameplanned conservatively enough to take advantage of his strengths. It was all about taking care of the football-- heck he didn't even have a real running game or any "great" receivers to speak of.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ROMO is wanted by several teams including the saints.....but, we have him!