Searching for a word to a description ( Eagles jokes welcome)

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I am looking for the word that is best suitable for a discription.

At first I thought that the definition of "Verigo" was what I was looking for, but after looking vertigo up in the dictionary I discovered that was not what I was looking for.

Here is the definition of vertigo: 1. a disordered state in which the individual or his surroundings seem to whirl dizzily : a dizzy confused state of mind 2.a disordered vertigenious movement as a symptom of disease in lower animals.

Now let me describe a condition to you, and hopefully you can provide me with a word that suits this description.

There is a condition that occurs when the mind and body becomes confused and does not know up from down. This happens when the human bodies equalibrium does not function properly.

Let me give an example. When a person gets mildely drunk and they stumble, their equalibrium fails them on a very limited scale. When a person gets really drunk and falls down, they are just too drunk.

There is another condition that occurs when a completely sober persons sense up from down fails them. This happens during a bad fall and the person lands on their head. The persons sense of up from down is gone, only for a moment, but in that moment even a person with the best judgment fails to help them.

If you think vertigo is the best word to describe this condition then please let me know, otherwise let the Eagles jokes flow.

Anyhow, can you come up with a word that is better than vertigo to describe this condition?

Seriously I need some help with this, but as I mentioned in the headline, Eagles jokes are welcome.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In scuba diving when you aren't sure which direction the surface is that is disoriented.

Stupor?

Not sure.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Hostile said:
In scuba diving when you aren't sure which direction the surface is that is disoriented.

Stupor?

Not sure.
On the surface we just call it Disoriented....

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Hypoxia?

Hypoxia can occur when pilots fly at high altitude levels where oxygen is at lower levels if they do not have a pressurized cabin or oxygen mask.

The result is low oxygen levels in the blood, organs and brain and causes disorientation, dizziness, shortness of breath and mental confusion.