Season ending review

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Final thoughts on the offensive players for the year.

Romo - Could have a decent future if he learns to control his emotions a little better. He seemed to get a little amped up early in games and miss badly when he did miss. Much better throwing the ball when he settles down.

Bledsoe - Don't let the door hit ya.

Jones - The least of Dallas' problems. 1100 yards at 4+ a clip is solid. If a quality backup wasn't in place to eat yards and TDs, people would be talking Pro Bowl with the added numbers.

Barber - One of the better backups in the league. Found a niche he does very well.

Thompson - Same average as Austin on KOR without the fumbles.

Hoyte - A lousy blocker. I don't understand what anyone sees in him. And enough of the LB converts. If Dallas wants a FB they should go get a competent one.

Polite - Seems to have used up 8 lives now. Very telling that he could get cut and no one showed any interest.

Witten - He's starting to develop as a blocker and is solid in the receiving game. I hope he learns to use his strength even more. How many times did we see 4 or 5 guys trying to drag him down while Witten just stood there.

Fasano - I really liked what I saw from him as a rookie. TEs are typically the slowest developing position in football (don't believe me? look at the numbers of other "stud" TEs playing today their rookie year) and I can't wait to see what Fasano does in year two.

Owens - Enough's been said about him this year to fill the entire internet. My take - He's a legit #1 on a team that needs one. I didn't like the drops but the hand issues may be an excuse but the thing that bothered me most is it looked like he was afraid to get hit as the year wore on.

Glenn - One of the better #2s going but does benefit from a #1 across from him.

Crayton - May be the best zone WR in the NFL. Lacks the burst to gain separation man on man vs. a corner so I'd never want him as a full time starter, but has a knack for finding openings in zones and catches everything thrown his way. The perfect #3.

Hurd - JAG but there is a little potential their based on his limited action. Quality ST play keeps him in the league.

Austin - Yes he broke one in the playoffs but was untouched and does have a fumbling problem. Still great STer to have down the WR list.

Columbo - Really surprised me. He did get overpowered at times but another offseason of weight training to regain some of his old strength and Dallas may have uncovered a monster.

Riveria - Gets a lot of grief and seems to be the unofficial scapegoat but look at the numbers. He allowed the fewest sacks of any Olineman. I guess people were expecting a superstar when he signed here rather than just a pretty decent player but he has been adequate.

Gurode - Started the year off strong but really seemed to struggle the second half. I wonder if there's an injury there we don't know about. After rewatching the last 6 games, I was stunned at how many missed blocks he had in the run game. He was either physically or mentally fatigued or injured.

Kosier - Exactly what Dallas paid for. The spent for a mediocre player and that's what they got.

Adams - Looked dominant at times, looked terrible at times. One player I just can't figure out.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1298583 said:
good post.

who do you think we go after this offseason stanley?

Offensively, I wouldn't make any major additions or subtractions other than to add some youth at OL and WR in the draft and a backup QB.

Snap the shafts on all Romo's sticks, giving him an entire offseason to concentrate on becoming a quality starting QB. Get a few players like Columbo in the weight room and focus on continuity.

I'd love to say that Sparano needs replaced but I'd give his system one more year to gel rather than starting over.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Marco Rivera was more of a problem in run blocking than he was in pass blocking.