Season is not over yet

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep....I mean I'd WAY rather be wrong and win.

Of course.

Just....something is in the head of this QB that is way off and I can't see it changing against better teams.

He is simply going to have to hear that until he flips the script.....especially when he made a big deal out of making maximum dollars and manipating the terms (thank goodness) to cash out again later on.

He fits right in with players in Dallas who think they are huge stars who have won when no one on the roster has ever played late in the postseason.

I would love to have to shutup on this narrative all offseason and be wrong......but he is going to have to do something I KNOW he can't and won't do.....which is beat two playoff teams in consecutive weeks, one on the road.

That in itself GETS us to a NFCCG, not a SB....and certainly doesn't win one.

That'll be two more wins vs quality teams.

So, no....its not OVER.....but when you're down 44-7 with 6 minutes to play....that's also not technically over.
Bro.. I understand you and we have lived this for years now. Even before Dak. Romo was the same way.

BUT..

Neither had this Defense. For the life of me I don’t know why

#1 - DC didn’t turn Parsons and them loose on the qb and single the outside and use the rest to take away the middle. They won this game because we gave up the middle of the field. Diggs gave up a deep pass and Quinn got scared instead of taking the dogs off the chain and letting these beasts hunt and eat he went vanilla. Almost prevent for what this Defense is capable of.

#2 - Was the worst playcalling of the year. All vanilla. No shots on a team missing the starting corners and no toss or pitch plays or off tackle runs against a team that’s missing it’s starting defensive ends.

#3 - Our O-Line played the most undisciplined and lazy games all year. They weren’t pressing us we played soft. Held when we didn’t have to. I actually laughed at the Tyron hold, snatched him around. Refs called some ticky tack stuff.

We can also agree that the refs did not call a few very obvious calls. D-Law in the end zone was held for 2 seconds while chasing a scared murray. Fumble or no fumble it should have been called and reviewed. But what ever. That’s just me rambling. Last week the refs couldn’t screw us enough because we jumped out.

Last week we knew we needed the win and we hammered a loaded team. First time we played them they were missing players.

This week we are in and I don’t think the coaches gave a crap and the players showed it. I figure we win on Saturday or give the effort because it’s division. Dak could have a field day or Moore calls some of the bs again. But I figure we put them out..

I blame the coaching for this game, and the biggest mistake MM has made this year is not replacing the O-Line coach. I know this is a long post but when is the last time you have seen the O-Line play this soft. They are wwwaaayyy better than this and we both know it..

When ever and who ever we play in the playoffs I know we can beat them and no reason for these coaches to not have them ready or have a game plan attacking there weaknesses. I saw it earlier before the drop off..

CWR

Reaction score
Bro.. I understand you and we have lived this for years now. Even before Dak. Romo was the same way.

BUT..

#1 - DC didn’t turn Parsons and them loose on the qb and single the outside and use the rest to take away the middle. They won this game because we gave up the middle of the field. Diggs gave up a deep pass and Quinn got scared instead of taking the dogs off the chain and letting these beasts hunt and eat he went vanilla. Almost prevent for what this Defense is capable of.

#2 - Was the worst playcalling of the year. All vanilla. No shots on a team missing the starting corners and no toss or pitch plays or off tackle runs against a team that’s missing it’s starting defensive ends.

#3 - Our O-Line played the most undisciplined and lazy games all year. They weren’t pressing us we played soft. Held when we didn’t have to. I actually laughed at the Tyron hold, snatched him around. Refs called some ticky tack stuff.

We can also agree that the refs did not call a few very obvious calls. D-Law in the end zone was held for 2 seconds while chasing a scared murray. Fumble or no fumble it should have been called and reviewed. But what ever. That’s just me rambling. Last week the refs couldn’t screw us enough because we jumped out.

Last week we knew we needed the win and we hammered a loaded team. First time we played them they were missing players.

This week we are in and I don’t think the coaches gave a crap and the players showed it. I figure we win on Saturday or give the effort because it’s division. Dak could have a field day or Moore calls some of the bs again. But I figure we put them out..

I blame the coaching for this game, and the biggest mistake MM has made this year is not replacing the O-Line coach. I know this is a long post but when is the last time you have seen the O-Line play this soft. They are wwwaaayyy better than this and we both know it..

When ever and who ever we play in the playoffs I know we can beat them and no reason for these coaches to not have them ready or have a game plan attacking there weaknesses. I saw it earlier before the drop off..

Great post, yes we are capable of beating anyone. Unfortunately it depends on which Cowboys team shows up that day.

fivetwos

Reaction score

BUT..

Thing is....I want exactly what you want and theres no way I'm arguing with you.

I'm just having a different kind of day than you are.

You may have the same day when we are officially eliminated instead of now.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong more than you can imagine. I will be SO right here to admit it and would be happy beyond belief.

I wonder if sometimes people root for themselves to be right more than for the good of the team.

Me?? Nah I'd love nothing more than to be wrong but I just don't think I am.

Something is just way, way off. Wish someone on our side knew exactly what it was.

It's probably Jerry's lifetime deal with Satan for SB 30 that he thinks has an expiration date but we can't prove that lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Thing is....I want exactly what you want and theres no way I'm arguing with you.

I'm just having a different kind of day than you are.

You may have the same day when we are officially eliminated instead of now.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong more than you can imagine. I will be SO right here to admit it and would be happy beyond belief.

I wonder if sometimes people root for themselves to be right more than for the good of the team.

Me?? Nah I'd love nothing more than to be wrong but I just don't think I am.

Something is just way, way off. Wish someone on our side knew exactly what it was.

It's probably Jerry's lifetime deal with Satan for SB 30 that he thinks has an expiration date but we can't prove that lol.
Lol. I have just seen us stand up against a good team and play them. But now we have a championship Defense. At first I thought we were about to be run on like the rams playoff game where they knew our line up schemes. Not this time. We can line up and if Quinn is aggressive then he can get us stops..

I do worry about our Offense getting that spark and sometimes it’s the Defense giving the Offense a great starting position. I think once playoffs start we will crank it up. I would like to see it on Saturday. But I won’t believe it because it’s the egirls. I know they will give a fight but Dak knows them and if he comes out like he did Sunday then I to will worry.

They can’t just come out the first playoff game and turn it on. I saw the Wilson pass again this week. Not sure I would try it again playoffs but if it’s a option then go for it. This Offense needs game speed practice with the open playbook. Or playoff playcalling. We are not going to see a different Offense. Just a balanced one. No matter how close the game was Sunday if we called more runs and balanced I think we win the game. We never threw them off with having to respect something we are supposed to be so good at. We are a running first team that either Moore or MM or JJ or all 3 are trying to change in one season. What team does that. No way they think this is going to happen. If that’s the case your right. One and done and the one is only because we are already there. Lol. Surely this staff watches the game and says wow, we didn’t run enough and never went off tackle or toss. They get yards with going outside. Are they really just avoiding it so they can use it in the playoffs. That would be dumb. If we stay with the same playcalling in the playoffs we are running now then Moore can go on to be a HC somewhere else and I hope it’s our division.. Something is going on..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m certainly not confident they can…I wish they would but just seems like another typical season where we get sucked in and spit back out.
Looking that way but our Defense is much better.. Would be a shamed to see it end that way..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Season isn’t over yet. And guess what.. We made the playoffs. This loss sucked and if we lose Saturday it will also. It’s the game after that when the party starts..

It’s a long offseason. We have seen flash winning streaks and loses. And everything in between.

We lost Gallup and Wilson is ok but not Gallup..

It’s a long offseason. Let’s enjoy the ride until it’s over. This is a different and better Defense so you never know. And Dak and the Offense will catch fire..
Ha-haaaaa, dude it's all over except the crying...............

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Looking that way but our Defense is much better.. Would be a shamed to see it end that way..
Yes, I was very disappointed in our D yesterday. Could not get a stop when they needed to. (Although it could be argued they really did). I really figured they would have #11 in position to keep KM shut down.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes, I was very disappointed in our D yesterday. Could not get a stop when they needed to. (Although it could be argued they really did). I really figured they would have #11 in position to keep KM shut down.
Boom.. Yep. They kept Parsons in the middle all day. They went with 3 LBs for the game. They put Parsons on him about 3 or 4 times and he answered the call. He should have been chasing him the whole game and the rest covering the middle. Leave the outside man.