CFZ Season is young

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s a devastating loss for me and my ego. I knew after the first quarter we were in for a fight. After the half I had that bad feeling in my stomach.

We had no big plays to build on. Our Defense did not get the turn overs and put points on the board. Could not get off the field and gave up ALOT of yards rushing. LVE looked like someone paid him off to slow down. Comparing his first 2 games to Sundays he looked different.

The refs certainly were not in our favor. A few bad calls or non calls. Should have been PI on Gallup. I think they threw the flag and then picked it up.

BUT… Our Offense looked sluggish. In a game when we knew cards were going to put points on the board and they saw the way our Defense was playing. They knew it was gonna be a shootout but we’re not very aggressive.

I hate to say this or think this and it’s still early in the season but I have a feeling we saw our Offense. I mean as far as opening up the playbook up. We needed to open it up and move the ball. I saw no real deep shots or trying to stretch their defense. We made some plays but didn’t do enough. And there towards the end MM is running the ball instead of passing it. And when we needed that play Dak had a play with not enough places to go. He throws into triple coverage. I have seen him slip these passes in but it got picked. He should have scrambled with that one IMO. Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG. Showed MM didn’t have the confidence in the Defense on that day.

I am giving benefit of the doubt for this game. We were missing 3 starters on O-Line. Let’s hope given more time Dak could have gotten off more passes and yards and we could have ran better. I was happy to see Cooks make some plays and especially Gallup, he had me worried. Also Luepke got some plays. Looked good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s a devastating loss for me and my ego. I knew after the first quarter we were in for a fight. After the half I had that bad feeling in my stomach.

We had no big plays to build on. Our Defense did not get the turn overs and put points on the board. Could not get off the field and gave up ALOT of yards rushing. LVE looked like someone paid him off to slow down. Comparing his first 2 games to Sundays he looked different.

The refs certainly were not in our favor. A few bad calls or non calls. Should have been PI on Gallup. I think they threw the flag and then picked it up.

BUT… Our Offense looked sluggish. In a game when we knew cards were going to put points on the board and they saw the way our Defense was playing. They knew it was gonna be a shootout but we’re not very aggressive.

I hate to say this or think this and it’s still early in the season but I have a feeling we saw our Offense. I mean as far as opening up the playbook up. We needed to open it up and move the ball. I saw no real deep shots or trying to stretch their defense. We made some plays but didn’t do enough. And there towards the end MM is running the ball instead of passing it. And when we needed that play Dak had a play with not enough places to go. He throws into triple coverage. I have seen him slip these passes in but it got picked. He should have scrambled with that one IMO. Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG. Showed MM didn’t have the confidence in the Defense on that day.

I am giving benefit of the doubt for this game. We were missing 3 starters on O-Line. Let’s hope given more time Dak could have gotten off more passes and yards and we could have ran better. I was happy to see Cooks make some plays and especially Gallup, he had me worried. Also Luepke got some plays. Looked good.
well said but here come the haters Debbie downers to :espn: on your thread...... On a side note if you're gonna have a loss like this it should be when you're missing 4 pro bowlers and having built in excuse but really in reality you don't call that an excuse it was a real reason you cannot function on offense missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman.... Especially at center and then you have a hobbled and limited Tyler Smith we literally basically had a preseason line on the road on grass when the defense wasn't playing well at all and yes the rest were not on our side you knew this when they picked up the flag on Michael Gallup that was guaranteed 110% a defensive pass interference it couldn't have been more blatant how do you pick that up I mean you called it and then you pick it up it makes it look like the game was set up for us to lose from the beginning yes conspiracy theory,...

Zman5

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, the SB winning 90's teams lost to bad teams in the regular season.
It's freaking week 3. We won't really know what kind of team we really have until after Turkey Day.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, the SB winning 90's teams lost to bad teams in the regular season.
It's freaking week 3. We won't really know what kind of team we really have until after Turkey Day.
They also started out zero and two only missing their running back I mean you want to go there I mean since when did ever Troy Aikman ever win without Emmett Smith and that offensive line we were down 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman show me where Troy overcame all that adversity to win games because he didn't that's rhetorical I watched them all he needed as many great players as everyone is claiming Prescott needs seriously I mean we need to show you the like less than stellar stats in the regular season the man did not have to pass much at all and when he did he threw a lot of interceptions... He was on a stack team and when Prescott has his team in place he's usually successful that is not needing to be overloaded like all in attitude just simply how about have most of your offensive line out there not three pro bowlers missing on the offensive line plus Tyler Smith coming off an injury I mean what exactly did people think it was gonna look like the problem here is the defense lost the game the special teams the penalties the refs they all led to the demise and yet people keep swinging back around and blaming #4..

glimmerman

Reaction score
well said but here come the haters Debbie downers to :espn: on your thread...... On a side note if you're gonna have a loss like this it should be when you're missing 4 pro bowlers and having built in excuse but really in reality you don't call that an excuse it was a real reason you cannot function on offense missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman.... Especially at center and then you have a hobbled and limited Tyler Smith we literally basically had a preseason line on the road on grass when the defense wasn't playing well at all and yes the rest were not on our side you knew this when they picked up the flag on Michael Gallup that was guaranteed 110% a defensive pass interference it couldn't have been more blatant how do you pick that up I mean you called it and then you pick it up it makes it look like the game was set up for us to lose from the beginning yes conspiracy theory,...
Yeah there will be some coming in and blaming Dak. He threw the pass so it’s on him. That play call needed multiple options if they were going to pass. And some are even going to argue it was not PI. But to me it couldn’t have been clearer. If the refs were not sure then they needed to watch the replay. That should have been a 7 point drive. That and if MM takes the FG on 4th down instead of going for it and we are in that game. We needed to make their qb feel the pressure of a close game.

And the first of the game Parsons jumped out and had the qb and did something and qb got away. Parsons looked like he was trying to just take the ball from his hands instead of taking the sack. Was very strange. They burned us for lots of rushing yards. Was embarrassing. But we will get over it Sunday afternoon.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah I am giving benefit of the doubt this week.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Beat the NY teams by scores of 40-zip and 30-10 and the SB hype is heavy. All is sooooo rosy. Giddy bunch of posters on the ole' FZ. Then lose to AZ 28-16 and all the "Chicken Littles" are screaming the sky is falling. They say fire the coach, switch QBs, blow the team up.

Well I say STOP IT. Relax. Calm down. Drink an extra brew...even pop a valium if you have to.

This is a 17 game season. We have just begun. It is neither time to rejoice or panic. Wait and see. The Cowboys are off to a decent start...very decent. I can recall...vividly.....a Cowboys team being 5-4 in a 14 game season and then going to the SB. And I have seen our team have 12 and 13 wins or more and bomb in the playoffs. Patience friends. Go Cowboys!!!

Praxit

Reaction score
...in retrospect, that was weird game all around. Every quadrant had issues.

Defense could not find itself.
TON of penalties. *****
Refs shading on Dallas. *PI on Gallup called off, clearly on camera* *holding on Turpin punt return*
MM play-calling suspect. (Lots of runs in RZ)
....you get picture. We had no sun shine through ANY window.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Teams will try to use cards formula. But we will get better as the season goes.

JustChip

Reaction score
A lesser effort wasn’t really surprising. Far and away, the starters played zero to very little in preseason. In a bygone era, players hit the fatigue wall in preseason, but not now. Essentially, the first part of the regular season is what preseason used to be.

Mikexike

Reaction score

Something was really off with LVE and this def.... Seems like at multiple points in the game we were having communication problems.... I have a feeling this Diggs injury made everyone lose focus last week...People are human after all...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It's funny. LVE got his hands on the ball right before the half but only deflected it, resulting in a catch as Arizona drove for a FG to make it 21-10. If he makes the interception there, fans would probably be looking at his effort a little differently. Maybe we still lose, especially if the interception wasn't returned for a TD (since our offense wasn't doing much with the ball), but the little things always strike me in a loss.

Fans get all doom and gloom, but the devil is in the details. An interception here, a block there, a different call ... . In the first two games, we left room for error by throttling our opponents. There was not enough room for error in this one and we made too many of them.

Blackrain

Reaction score
All true brother but one thing we do know if we can't stop the run and we can't score touchdowns in the red zone .

It'll be like every other year one and done or maybe not even one.

Needs to get squared away pronto