Season on the line next 5 days

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
As Butch Davis once yelled when he was DL coach here, "It's time to separate the Con-tenders from the Pre-tenders"

If we're really a playoff calibar team, there is just ZERO excuse to lose either of these next two games. SF is a mediocre team. Seattle is a terrible team.

They really need to come out early and make a statement, and not allow either of these teams to hang around into the 4th qtr with a reasonable chance to win.

Even if Newman doesnt play today or Thursday, there isnt much excuse for allowing either of these teams alot of offensive success. Just load up today to take Gore out of the game.

Last weekend was a nice start, but everything we gained by beating Washington goes down the crapper if they lose to SF or Seattle. It'd also be another conference loss, giving us 5. Meaning we'd almost assuredly have to run the table in December if we should lose either of these games.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dbair1967;2435794 said:
As Butch Davis once yelled when he was DL coach here, "It's time to separate the Con-tenders from the Pre-tenders"

If we're really a playoff calibar team, there is just ZERO excuse to lose either of these next two games. SF is a mediocre team. Seattle is a terrible team.

They really need to come out early and make a statement, and not allow either of these teams to hang around into the 4th qtr with a reasonable chance to win.

Even if Newman doesnt play today or Thursday, there isnt much excuse for allowing either of these teams alot of offensive success. Just load up today to take Gore out of the game.

Last weekend was a nice start, but everything we gained by beating Washington goes down the crapper if they lose to SF or Seattle. It'd also be another conference loss, giving us 5. Meaning we'd almost assuredly have to run the table in December if we should lose either of these games.

We cannot afford to take either team lightly and lay an egg like we did against the Rams. This is our chance to step up and pull it all together and blow these two sorry teams out.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
dbair1967;2435794 said:

I agree with your premise, and I feel certain we will beat SF rather easily. I am more concerned about the Seattle game...Seattle has been awful, but so were we without Romo. Today against Washington, Seattle finally gets Hastleback and Deon Branch back in their offense...I'm sure they'll be rusty, but by next week, they could be much better and looking for a big moral victory against the Cowboys.

We have to win both games, and we should win both games if we are a legit playoff contender, but I think Seattle will give us more trouble than SF.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
The key to winning these next two games:

Keep Henry on the bench, at all cost...Newman or no Newman. Henry is a huge liability. I would rather go with Jenkins, Scandrick, and Ball. At least they can all still run.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I hope Seattle plays their best game of the year today and their worst on Thursday. That isn't asking for too much, is it?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Being at home and knowing our playoff position and what's on the line, if we lose either of these next two games, it just shows we aren't a playoff caliber team and wouldn't deserve to back in. No way we should lose either of these games.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
This is the seaon right here guys. There will be no excuses for a loss today or in turkey day.

The defense has to play fantastic regardless of injuries. If they become complacent because one game then they dont deserve to wear that Star on their helmet. We need to bring the FIRE!.

On offense we just need to stay focused and work a balanced attack. If they try and force passes to Owens when these games are so crucial then We'll lose. I repeat, If they force passes to OWens that will show me they are more worried about keeping owens happy then Winning.

Lets go get this W.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
My prediction for today? Good Guys 31 (our offense comes out of hibernation) and Whinners 17.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I am hoping to see more of Roy Williams with an improving Romo (health wise). It really stinks that Miles is out; I felt that he was making a serious push for #3 WR. Crayton has been a no show for a while.

I'm also excited to see more of Bennett. If he continues on his current path, our team will be a goalline terror. Imagine having to worry about Barber, Owens, Witten, Williams, and Bennett at the goalline; all five are big bodies that have physical advantages against defenders.

Not having Felix for the rest of the year is an obvious disappointment, but I hope to Choice more involved as well.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd rather not even label them as mediocre or terrible. SF is playing well right now with Hill who doesn't seem to understand he shouldn't be playing that well yet.

And as someone pointed out Seattle is getting their QB back. That outght to make a little difference.

jimmy40

Reaction score
dbair1967;2435794 said:

Jerry should buy the schedule makers a house or something.