Season review

cowboy4322

Cowboy Realist
Reaction score
After suffering through last night like the rest of you all and keeping myself under control most of the game (especially when holding my 3 month old son for most of the game, he has done wonders this year with my keeping my emotions in check) and after getting some sleep, I have some things I would like to get off my chest after watching the Boys this year:

1. I'm of two minds about Parcells coming back or not. I would like to see him come back, BUT he needs to make some staff changes, namely getting rid of Zimmer, We have some good young talent but the guys are thinking too much and it is because of the scheme and the emphasis on technique. We need a 3-4 guy who knows the defense inside and out and will adjust it to fit the player's strengths. On the other hand, I would not be too upset to see BP retire because I have always felt he micromanages too much and does not let his coaches do their job and as a result, the coaches do a poor job of coaching as they are afraid of BP's wrath.

2. I agree with others on the board about improving the O-Line and getting another pass rusher in FA. If we shore up these areas, we will be better next year for sure. The pass blocking was not too bad, but it could be better. The run blocking was terrible though. It is a little hard for JJ and MB III to run when the line just lets the defense through most of the time.

3. Admittedly, at the beginning of the year, I was a Bledsoe supporter, but when he through that pick against the Giants on that MNF game in October, I even thought that it was time to go to Romo because Drew was not getting the job done. Romo will get better with experience and I would like to see us get a vet QB if Bledsoe does not come back and draft a young QB just in case Romo some how does not work. Going into 2007, Romo is definitely the starter.

4. In reference to #1, If Parcells does come back and there are staff changes, I hope someone comes on board who won't be afraid to get in Bill's face from time to time if he thinks he is wrong instead of just letting BP walk all over him (see Zimmer). I think Zimmer was totally cowed by BP. However (we all know that BP will never hire someone who would stand up to him).

Well, these are some of my thoughts after watching the team this year. This year was one of the most enjoyable albeit frustrating at times of the 28 years I have been a fan of this team. Some of you may agree with me and some will not, but just remember that we all want what is best for the team in the end.

Cowboy4322

NickZepp

Reaction score
1. I'm of two minds about Parcells coming back or not. I would like to see him come back, BUT he needs to make some staff changes, namely getting rid of Zimmer, We have some good young talent but the guys are thinking too much and it is because of the scheme and the emphasis on technique. We need a 3-4 guy who knows the defense inside and out and will adjust it to fit the player's strengths. On the other hand, I would not be too upset to see BP retire because I have always felt he micromanages too much and does not let his coaches do their job and as a result, the coaches do a poor job of coaching as they are afraid of BP's wrath.

Stay with Parcels he's the best guy for the job and I don't think we can win with anyone else. Jones would probably go for a guy like Gary Gibbs that would never work in the end.

2. I agree with others on the board about improving the O-Line and getting another pass rusher in FA. If we shore up these areas, we will be better next year for sure. The pass blocking was not too bad, but it could be better. The run blocking was terrible though. It is a little hard for JJ and MB III to run when the line just lets the defense through most of the time.

I see some positives with our line this year. It's better then it has been. But Flo needs to get in shape. Keep Colombo. Keep Johnson and Gurode. That could be a decent corp at the line.

3. Admittedly, at the beginning of the year, I was a Bledsoe supporter, but when he through that pick against the Giants on that MNF game in October, I even thought that it was time to go to Romo because Drew was not getting the job done. Romo will get better with experience and I would like to see us get a vet QB if Bledsoe does not come back and draft a young QB just in case Romo some how does not work. Going into 2007, Romo is definitely the starter.

I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a QB in the late rounds. But I would like to see us get a veteran QB. We do need to get a guy that can hold on field goals.