Seattle Defense is bad, real bad

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The Seahawks are done. They wasted Wilson's prime years and were never able to successfully retool after the Legion of Boom Era. Outside of DK Metcalf, their overall drafting has not been very good. OL has been an issue forever and they gave up a lot to trade for Jamal Adams.

With the Rams, Cardinals, and maybe 49ers trending up in that division, the Seahawks run is coming to an end.

RaZon

Reaction score

terra

Reaction score
Seattle defense is giving up 451 yards per game so far this year. On pace for the worst ever. They had Wilson in his prime to mask over how bad they were/are. Now Wilson is hurt and not playing as well and they are getting even more exposed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ive-up-most-yards-in-a-season-in-nfl-history/
Seattle lucked out with all those picks hitting as they did so close together to build their original D. Multiple late round hits that are extremely rare. Time has shown since then that their draft prowess is not all that.
To be blunt there is not much good to be said about any of their personnel moves over the past 5 years at least.
Wilson is the main reason they have been competitive. Now he is like Romo with the boys for way too long.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Seattle lucked out with all those picks hitting as they did so close together to build their original D. Multiple late round hits that are extremely rare. Time has shown since then that their draft prowess is not all that.
To be blunt there is not much good to be said about any of their personnel moves over the past 5 years at least.
Wilson is the main reason they have been competitive. Now he is like Romo with the boys for way too long.

Wilson did his best to get out of Seattle this year. He knew the team was going to stink. They would have to have the Chief’s offense at its best to succeed with this defense.

I give Romo credit for not wanting to jump ship.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You said Wilson wasn't playing all that well? What are looking at? Who leads the NFL in passer rating, well?

10 TD 1INT

So...???

I see what you are saying now. I didn’t think Wilson was playing as well this year as years past. But the stats seem to show he is playing just as well for the first 5 games of 2021. Of course, he and Seattle were playing lights out for the first 5 games last year and then the wheels fell off.

RaZon

Reaction score
I see what you are saying now. I didn’t think Wilson was playing as well this year as years past. But the stats seem to show he is playing just as well for the first 5 games of 2021. Of course, he and Seattle were playing lights out for the first 5 games last year and then the wheels fell off.

Wilson was on par for another over 30td over 4000yds over 100 passer rating season, another pro bowl. He's not the Seahawks problem.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Wilson was on par for another over 30td over 4000yds over 100 passer rating season, another pro bowl. He's not the Seahawks problem.

So what. The Seattle defense is the problem. Wilson is not the problem. Wilson is not the solution either. Wilson is not enough to mask over the bad defense.

I never said Wilson was the problem. He can only do so much.

RaZon

Reaction score
So what. The Seattle defense is the problem. Wilson is not the problem. Wilson is not the solution either. Wilson is not enough to mask over the bad defense.

I never said Wilson was the problem. He can only do so much.

What you said was,,,

Now Wilson is hurt and not playing as well

,,,yes he is playing as well so...???

RaZon

Reaction score
So?

You are still free to love Wilson all you want. I am not stopping you.

Not about me it's about you, so you think he isn't playing that well in 2021 despite the stats saying he is?

terra

Reaction score
Wilson did his best to get out of Seattle this year. He knew the team was going to stink. They would have to have the Chief’s offense at its best to succeed with this defense.

I give Romo credit for not wanting to jump ship.
I wonder if Romo regrets not trying to get out of Dallas say about 2012 or so.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Reid the db 4 Seattle was actually decent. This game is about match ups and they dont match up well. Woods was burning anyone they put on him.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Seahawks are done. They wasted Wilson's prime years and were never able to successfully retool after the Legion of Boom Era. Outside of DK Metcalf, their overall drafting has not been very good. OL has been an issue forever and they gave up a lot to trade for Jamal Adams.

With the Rams, Cardinals, and maybe 49ers trending up in that division, the Seahawks run is coming to an end.

Should have won back to back SB’s Carroll and his OC had to get cute. Wilson will retire with one ring .