Seattle? Doable or naw?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Redball Express, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

2,798 Messages
    2,759 Likes Received
    :lmao2::lmao2:bruh!!!???:lmao:

Ranching likes this.
  2. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

2,147 Messages
    2,498 Likes Received
    If Seattle jumps out to a big early lead...by 14 points or larger...then I see Dallas playing uptempo. But if the game is close I still see this team playing more conservative football much like the Rams game.

I think its going to take a while to fully purge themselves of the Garrett hangover. But I do envision it taking place with Big Mike in charge.

3. dplant22

dplant22 Well-Known Member

1,217 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Well there is the saying 'Any Given Sunday' but honestly if our defense continues to stink it up I really don't see how Dallas comes out of Seattle with a W.

4. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

4,480 Messages
    8,539 Likes Received
    Maybe already mentioned in this thread- but I saw posted someplace else that Seattle’s defense currently leads the league in ALLOWING plays of 10+ yards.
    And our offense leads the league in making plays of 10+ yards.
    That sounds pretty good to me.

Bullflop and Techsass like this.
  5. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

7,177 Messages
    8,013 Likes Received

Seattle defense did not look good and they were gashed. They are at the bottom on many defensive stats in the league. We are better offensively than NE we can hang 40 on them. There front 4 is not very good and will rely on blitzing to get pressure on Dak, this is where we have to hurt them. I think we beat them as long as we don't turn ball over. I think they are really a bit overrated.

Bullflop and Proof like this.
  6. efh313

efh313 Well-Known Member

703 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    BRILLIANT QUOTE!!! And EXACTLY what Garrett era football was riddled with! The funny thing is, I don't even know if I realized it until you said just now, at least not, consciously. It was in the back of my mind, like "Why is he doing that... oh well trust the Carrot..." but I never really SAW it until now. This previous coaching staff always took a step back when an Injured Vet returned to the field thinking the veteran's play alone would elevate the play.
    :omg::facepalm:

7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,360 Messages
    7,877 Likes Received
    they’ve given up like 800 + yards through two weeks. And we always play them tough.

Bullflop and Techsass like this.
  8. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,187 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    If you can assess the 'power' of a team and assume transitivity, then winning odds can be calculated.
    If Seattle has a 75% chance (that's playoff level) to beat the average team and Dallas has a 50% change of
    beating the average team, since Dallas would be an average team, the Seattle's winning percentage is 75%.
    If Dallas should beat 60% of the teams out there, it's a bit more complex, but then Seattle wins 2/3 of the time,
    or 66.7%.

My tools won't be able to estimate any of this until 4 games are played. Not enough data just yet.

9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,771 Messages
    24,401 Likes Received
    I'm sorry I am not giving up on the defense, the season just started they put a new system in place with a lot of new faces, no pre season. I think there are things they need to clean up on. I also know in the Atlanta game Dallas offense put the defense in very bad position with turnovers and anyone who knows a damn thing about the NFL knows turnovers are a killer. 2nd half of the game Dallas defense gave up 10 points. I do expect this defense to improve, how much? I don't know but I'm sorry I am not a fan who makes snap judgement based on very little information. 2 weeks of a 16 game season is not enough information especially given the position the offense put them in this past weekend.

10. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

5,689 Messages
    8,072 Likes Received
    Their D is leaky like ours. A shootout is likely. We would have not had such a close game with Atlanta if not for the fumbles. We can prevail. Dallas by a nose.

Bullflop and Redball Express like this.
  11. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

8,326 Messages
    14,857 Likes Received
    On any given Sunday? Right? Of course, if they show up, they have a chance. But they can not afford to get off to a slow start. They need to create at least 2 turnovers resulting in 10 points at least. They can not commit a single turnover, must keep penalties to a minimum and they must score quickly...ball control offense only works if they score TDs...I'd rather them try win by slinging the ball often...if they have a 7-10 point lead in the 4th...then deploy Zeke and the ball control offense, but continue to take an opportunity doen the field.

However, I think Seattle wins big.

12. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

2,270 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    Their defense is actually not good, at all....at least their pass defense.

They've given up 400 yards to Matt Ryan and almost another 400 to Cam.

Bullflop likes this.
  13. StarMan2112

StarMan2112 Well-Known Member

1,771 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    I doubt we win. But we usually do when nobody is giving us a chance.

Bullflop likes this.
  14. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,082 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Hope for the best... expect the worst...that's how I look at every game.

TwentyOne likes this.
  15. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,033 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    First good team we face this year.

I expect an aswhoppin for us.

Redball Express likes this.
  16. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

14,952 Messages
    11,639 Likes Received
    Not sure I got that right..

you say they are going to dish an ***-whipping to us..

or visa versa?

Pantone282C likes this.
  17. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

14,952 Messages
    11,639 Likes Received
    yeah..

those fumbles loom large and like lightning..

you hope they don't strike twice in the same place.

All fingers, eyes and toes crossed.

oops..now I can't move until Sunday.

o_O

Pantone282C likes this.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,751 Messages
    37,210 Likes Received
    Doable

:flagwave:

19. ehwqkbmg

ehwqkbmg Active Member

241 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Gonna be a crazy shootout

Cowboys 44

Seahawks 41

20. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,033 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    They dish one to us.

Of course as a fan i hope we win. But from what i have seen, man, this is going to be really ugly.