Seattle police investigating Hamlin fight

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Seattle police investigating Hamlin fight

By GREGG BELL
AP Sports Writer

spacer.gif
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/...ml?SITE=TXHOU&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

SEATTLE (AP) -- Police were investigating whether a man found shot to death in a Seattle park was involved in a fight outside a nightclub that left Seahawks free safety Ken Hamlin with serious head injuries.

Terrell Milam died of multiple gunshot wounds, the King County Medical Examiner said Tuesday. Three hours after the fight early Monday, a jogger found Milam's body near Seward Park, about 5 1/2 miles away.

The fight outside Larry's nightclub left Hamlin with a fractured skull, a blood clot in his brain and bruising of the brain tissue. He remained in serious but stable condition Tuesday in intensive care at Harborview Medical Center.

Tramaine Isabell, who identified himself as Milam's brother, said he recognized the 31-year-old Milam in video footage of the fight early Monday. He also said he understood Milam had punched Hamlin outside the club. Isabell, who was not at the fight, gave his account to local media outlets; efforts by The Associated Press to reach Isabell on Tuesday were unsuccessful.

spacer.gif
Seattle police were looking into whether there was a link between the fight and the shooting, officer Rich Pruitt said Tuesday. He said there was no evidence yet to suggest one, or that Milam and Hamlin knew each other.

"We have talked to the brother, and we are talking to others," he said.

Hamlin's agent, Lawrence Temple, released a statement Tuesday evening stating Hamlin has retained Seattle attorney John Wolfe "to defend himself against any false accusations." Temple also said Hamlin is conscious and has his family with him.

According to the police report, Hamlin and his girlfriend were leaving Larry's, in the Pioneer Square section of Seattle, at about 2 a.m. Monday, several hours after the Seahawks defeated the Houston Texans at Qwest Field.

spacer.gif
Interactives'05 NFL Draft
spacer.gif
NFL NewsAFC Individual Leaders

NFC Individual Leaders

FBN NFL Expanded Glance

NFL Standings Adversity shifts more burden on Bledsoe

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

A shoving match between Hamlin and another man escalated, Hamlin punched the man in the face and the scuffle spread to others. Seahawks team doctor Stan Herring said Hamlin has a fractured right hand.

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Marquand Manuel, a fourth-year veteran from Florida, will replace Hamlin and make his first career start Sunday against Dallas.

"It's pretty tough," said Seahawks cornerback Marcus Trufant, whose locker is next to Hamlin's. "I'm very concerned about his health and I'm just hoping and praying that everything goes well."

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Wow.....I'm glad I don't visit clubs anymore......seems dangerous now-a-days huh?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This could end up very ugly if a link between the two incidents is found. A very unfortunant thing that should have never happened.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of what Parcells would call staying out of harms way.

TonyS

Reaction score
dmq said:
This is a perfect example of what Parcells would call staying out of harms way.

A perfect example because it happened to a team other than the Dallas Cowboys. :D

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
You know there has to be more to this than is being reported, it's like some unrelated events that don't add up, but at any rate we better lock up Keith Davis and the rest of the team, Cowboys have been choirboys lately, at least we're winners in the after hours department...

Hiero

Reaction score
apparently the guy who did this to Hamlin was found shot to death a couple hours later by a jogger. this case could really get crazy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hiero said:
apparently the guy who did this to Hamlin was found shot to death a couple hours later by a jogger. this case could really get crazy.

If I'm the cops, Hamlin has to be the #1 suspect. Reports are Hamlin started the fight and pursued it long after security broke it up. Even if it was someone who was with Hamlin who pulled the trigger, Hamlin would likely be facing some serious charges for his involvement.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Or - another angle

A friend or friends of Hamlin upon learning about the attack...... Know who did it - and they hunt him down and shoot him. Hamlin went after the guy and started the fight initially. He was found unconcious soon thereafter. A gunshot would have been heard.