Twitter: Secondary coach Joe Whitt Jr on chunk plays given up

JayFord

Reaction score
its a certain few players that instead of running to the ball carrier will stop look breakdown and fall on the ground every time the ball carrier is infront of them so a 2 yard gain ends up being 12 yards

Redline360

Reaction score
It's only going to continue to spiral downward league wide. It's just not a cowboys thing.

With the insane rules/ penalties about hitting the quarterback defenders tend to pull up on close plays to avoid penalties. Throw in the softer defenses and there you go. No more blowing up recievers, mobbing recievers and etc.

Dont get me wrong I'm all about player safety however this league defense wise is soft.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If you look at the NEXT GEN stats, not only do we have fast players like he’s talking about, but you can also see that we are doing as well as our peers at preventing YAC.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'd have to agree. Dallas is one of the worst after catch tackling teams out there.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Whatever it is they better get it together before the Vikes game. From what I see, they probably match with us better than any team we've faced so far. Their offense has single-digit rankings across the board. Their D, like our has some issues........

In fact, this game scares me more than Bucs Chargers, and Pats. Two elite offense with shaky defenses tells me the game with either be high scoring or blowout by one team.

cowboyec

Reaction score
There is a ton of food for thought in that post.
I hope it's dissected correctly.

I hope the team dissects themselves correctly!
this staff seems to have the ability to evaluate and adjust.
if tackling improves moving forward...then its true.
if it doesn't...then it's not.
this group...both coaches and players...seem up to the job.
gonna be fun to watch.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
this staff seems to have the ability to evaluate and adjust.
if tackling improves moving forward...then its true.
if it doesn't...then it's not.
this group...both coaches and players...seem up to the job.
gonna be fun to watch.
I feel a hip shakin' going on baby.

TCB.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Donovan Wilson is the first answer to the question no one asked. Jabril Cox is the second.

Kearse is great around the LOS they should be looking at getting him more time in Neal's spot.

fansince68

Reaction score
Our CB's can't stop a player in their tracks and they are poor tacklers just like the middle of our D line.