Seems like Roy is tired of hearing he's a "liability"!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Brian Stewart doesn't know what he's talking about. When teams pass deep on us everyone knows it is an automatic completion.

[/sarcasm off]

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JIGGYFLY;1740572 said:
Not starting a Roy debate here but your logic is flawed, some players can take the critisicm and some cannot, to say Parcells (The Master Manipulater) would handle everybody the same is very short sighted. And if there is one thing not up for debate it is that Roy is very thinskinned.

Oh, snap. Superpunk, are you going to just take that logic-bomb lying down?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1740603 said:
Roy wasn't drafted to play in coverage. He was originally drafted to play close to the line and devour Qbs and RB. Essentially he was another LBer. He has been forced into this role due to bad drafts and injuries. He is and has been playing out of position for a long time.

So we spent a Top 10 draft pick on a limited, one dimensional safety who needs 10 complementary pieces before he can do his job (stopping the run in a league that is moving away from running the ball).

Sounds like a horrible draft pick. What's next? Spend a top 10 draft pick on a left tackle who only run blocks?

superpunk

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY;1740572 said:
Not starting a Roy debate here but your logic is flawed, some players can take the critisicm and some cannot, to say Parcells (The Master Manipulater) would handle everybody the same is very short sighted. And if there is one thing not up for debate it is that Roy is very thinskinned.

We could go round and round with that. As far as I can tell, Parcells has never shied away from criticizing anyone - you're assuming he starts with Roy, etc, etc....blah. We've seen players on that defense take real criticism, be called out as needing to do more, play better, and such. We've seen coaches tell us who was responsible for certain plays. One thing we've never seen, as far as I can recall, is one of Roy williams' coaches criticize him for his play on the field as starting SS for the Dallas Cowboys.

Are they ALL lying? Protecting their player? They only do it for Roy, and don't give a crap about first round pick Marus Spears?

The logic train goes on....I know that the fact that Parcells has criticized other players doesn't mean that he isn't protecting Roy. But it's alot better, and less of a leap IMO than "every coach Roy has ever played for lies about his level of play to the media."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;1740628 said:
I would love to hear what a guy like Art Donovan or Chuck Bednarik thinks about it.

I think they would be ashamed of what the league has become.
Maybe so, but then you have old guys also talking about lasting injuries as a result of the way they used to play.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;1740560 said:
There's no way he's just telling the truth, huh?

Kind of like how Bill Parcells "protected" Roy, but didn't feel the need to do the same for players like Marcus Spears and Chris Canty, or Aaron Glenn.

Nope, the coaches lie, and the casual couch jockey knows, because John Madden tells him so.

Amen.

Preach on brother superpunk.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1740541 said:
Then he needs to prove he isn't.

I've stopped defending Roy.......:(

Same here. His big plays are few and far between.

This year he has became a worse tackler than in years past as well.

Im ready to defend Roy but hes got to give me a reason to.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1740742 said:
So we spent a Top 10 draft pick on a limited, one dimensional safety who needs 10 complementary pieces before he can do his job (stopping the run in a league that is moving away from running the ball).

Sounds like a horrible draft pick. What's next? Spend a top 10 draft pick on a left tackle who only run blocks?

Not really. At the time we had Darren Woodson and that allowed Roy to play to his strengths. When Woody left it forced Roy into his current situation and it's just not his strong suit. It actually was a very good pick at the time. If we would have followed it up with better choices to replace Woodson, we wouldn't be having this problem.

It's called building a TEAM. To throw Roy under the bus when not understanding the history behind the pick or the state of the team at the time is just being ignorant of the facts.

The Roy pick was good. He was a terror his first few years. But then things changed.

The Roy haters obviously have an agenda but are not knowledgeable of how we arrived at this place.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Atleast Roy knows people are noticing HIS lack of PLAy, if he wants to STOP the Voices behind him, he NEEds to Step up and Shut down SLot receivers and in routes, and HE's not doing that

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Everytime a coach talks about Williams they say things like "He is getting progressively better". That alone is enough to tell you they dont feel like he is a great player. Coaches of great players arent usually talking about a player getting better year after year. When coaches talk about Witten they talk about how he has emerged as one of the best overall TEs in the league. When was the last time you heard a one of Jason Taylor's or Ray Lewis' coaches say he is "getting better"?

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1740540 said:
I think Roy has some areas of weakness but overall Roy has made many big plays for the Cowboys over the years and I think before all is said and done Roy will be creating more big plays down the stretch to show people again why is has gone to the Pro Bowls he has

Look on the bright side-we DON'T have Sean Considine.:laugh1: