Seen before needs to be seen again.

phdefense

Reaction score
That is a link to a pay site. If you wish for you message to be received an edit is in order.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I am sure this is in the wrong forum but.....

Judging by the treatment I've received off your board in the last two weeks, starting a post like this, would at a MINIMUM result in you losing your ability to access your profile and sig/avatar features.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020227

I am sure this is in the wrong forum but.....

You guys last week were talking about the Commanders fans blah, blah, this and that.

Take a long hard look in the mirror.
Seen before, and needs to be seen again?

I'm taking a long hard look in the mirror, but all I see is a paragraph and registration blank.

But since there is no way of telling how much a smack post this is, you lose the benefit of the doubt.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Seen before, and needs to be seen again?

I'm taking a long hard look in the mirror, but all I see is a paragraph and registration blank.

But since there is no way of telling how much a smack post this is, you lose the benefit of the doubt.

LTN, not really a smack post as much as a Bandwagon post. I didnt realize that it was now a premium link. I apologize. It was originally a link to an ESPN page 2 article about the rules of being a fan.

You guys talk about how the Commanders fans are jumping off the bandwagon, about how we as fans were whining about the calls made. And over the last few days here that is all I have read about here. It is disgraceful.

The one thing that I do like about the Cowboys is that the fans, that are real fans will always go toe to toe and love the team until the end always optimistic. Unfortunately I have seen very little of that lately around here except for the seasoned vets (you know who you are)/

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
LTN, not really a smack post as much as a Bandwagon post. I didnt realize that it was now a premium link. I apologize. It was originally a link to an ESPN page 2 article about the rules of being a fan.

You guys talk about how the Commanders fans are jumping off the bandwagon, about how we as fans were whining about the calls made. And over the last few days here that is all I have read about here. It is disgraceful.

The one thing that I do like about the Cowboys is that the fans, that are real fans will always go toe to toe and love the team until the end always optimistic. Unfortunately I have seen very little of that lately around here except for the seasoned vets (you know who you are)/

As someone who gets accused of being a bandwagon fan (of course my bandwagon came after three years of 5-11, I am more accurately a part of the flotsom and jetsom that washes up in the big tuna's wake, only I stick longer than the host does) , I gotta take issue with your take that optimism is the mark of a "real fan".

For one thing there is all too much, imo, of fans telling one another who is genuine, who is more committed, who got here first, and whose region of the country entitles them to authenticity, tho it is heartening to have learned the regional chauvinism also extends to the players themselves, not just the fanbase. It's a provincial, narrow-minded outlook, but of course you'd have to be an east coast bandwagoner to appreciate that.

But just as no locale owns a monopoly on genuine fanhood, neither does any personality profile. The pessimists, the optimists, the suidical, the hysterial, the every-patient, the long-suffering, the homicidal, the sky is falling chickens with their heads cut off, and the tornado has to strike my house head on before I move crowd - we're all in this together. And none of it is disgraceful, imo.

I just flat out disagree that the congenital naysayers are any less loyal, caring, or committed than the eternal sun shiners. That the dark side is any less dedicated than the light. We're just all different in our opinion on how close disaster, or euphoria is. That's how it is with any fanbase. And that's why it's so intriguing.

Same as on your board and what a treat it is reading the Wise Post column and the ensuing debate. LOVED Om's letter.

I posted a summary of the contremps somewhere on the main board , but it got no response.

Oh well. We've got our own problems. :)

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I already posted something like this , but it was a little nicer. ( holding terps hand now)...you have to be nice in other peoples house.....

Quoting myself from another thread

As it does with every team fair weather fans do exist on extremeskins........We may dislike eachothers teams but the number 1 thing I try to remember is that no matter how much screaming I did at the T.V. during the game., The skins still lost. Curling up a fetal position in the corner for next week isn't going to help my team any. Thats the players and coaches job to worry. My job is to celebrate when they win and keep my mouth shut when they lose

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I already posted something like this , but it was a little nicer. ( holding terps hand now)...you have to be nice in other peoples house.....

Quoting myself from another thread

As it does with every team fair weather fans do exist on extremeskins........We may dislike eachothers teams but the number 1 thing I try to remember is that no matter how much screaming I did at the T.V. during the game., The skins still lost. Curling up a fetal position in the corner for next week isn't going to help my team any. Thats the players and coaches job to worry. My job is to celebrate when they win and keep my mouth shut when they lose

Good post. I've always been taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm still as much of a fan as ever, but I know the temptation is to overreact to a loss like we suffered last week, so I refrain from saying too much.

I will say to S&T, however, that I thought very few people *****ed about the calls in the Giants game, and those that did were promptly smacked down by those pointing out that those bad calls did not lose us the game. A far cry from the continued b!tching and moaning I STILL hear from fans of a certain team I won't mention about a certain monday night game I won't mention. ;)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
well, things are back to "normal" over there.

just read a post claiming Portis is "preternaturally gifted", a real special specimen even among the "most athetically exceptional on the planet".

I think Johns Hopkins better call Clinton in for a physical.

he's either from out of space or out of a comic book.