Twitter: Selvie left game w/back spasms, Dez scheduled be on NFL Live

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 3m
George Selvie left Sunday's game with back spasms.

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 38m
RT @wingoz: Cowboys WR Dez Bryant scheduled to join us today on NFL LIVE. Key word "scheduled">>I'm scheduled to star in movie with Denzel

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 3m
Cowboys WR Dez Bryant said he regrets leaving field early and said he went inside the locker room and cried. Said he couldn't watch GB kneel
Cowboys WR Dez Bryant said he apologized for leaving the field early but called it an emotional moment.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
At least he cares as much as we do, the rest of the organization just stood around with their teeth in their mouth wondering what happened. At this point I would line Dez up as a corner and let him play in place of Carr. He couldn't be any worse.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Dez Bryant said he regrets leaving field early and said he went inside the locker room and cried.

Also read a bunch of Packer players were weeping. Guess it was an emotional game for both sides!

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
I'm OK with his behavior.

At some point..somebody has to step up to stop underreacting to all the losing.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Also read a bunch of Packer players were weeping. Guess it was an emotional game for both sides!

Yeah, I heard that it felt like a college atmosphere to them, I wonder if that was a UCLA quality defense reference?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm OK with his behavior.

At some point..somebody has to step up to stop underreacting to all the losing.

I am on the fence with this one. Dez is a lightning rod and needs to realize this. Whatever he does will be magnified 10x. I would him rather kick over gatorade containers, break something but stay on the field.

Wait until the game is over then go to the locker room and tear into people but don't let the media see him "acting up" or whatever yas want to call it.

But, I don't have a problem with what he did, just don't want to see the media run with it and talk about it until next weekend. Basically, I am looking at his best interest here, he doesn't deserve to be crucified.

mldardy

Reaction score
At least he cares as much as we do, the rest of the organization just stood around with their teeth in their mouth wondering what happened. At this point I would line Dez up as a corner and let him play in place of Carr. He couldn't be any worse.

This is why I didn't have a problem with him walking off yesterday. The rest of this team say the same crap after each game 'we just need to get better', 'we should have run the ball more', 'we shouldn't have done this or done that'. So sick of hearing that.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I don't think that he particularly needs to go on-air this week, they are probably not interviewing him for his great endzone catch. There is no way to properly address leaving a game early. I can't see any benefit in talking about it further, it will just generate a new round of headlines, not something the kid needs right now.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I am on the fence with this one. Dez is a lightning rod and needs to realize this. Whatever he does will be magnified 10x. I would him rather kick over gatorade containers, break something but stay on the field.

Wait until the game is over then go to the locker room and tear into people but don't let the media see him "acting up" or whatever yas want to call it.

But, I don't have a problem with what he did, just don't want to see the media run with it and talk about it until next weekend. Basically, I am looking at his best interest here, he doesn't deserve to be crucified.

I have to admit that Dez is growing on me. At first I looked at him as an immature individual but it is becoming more and more apparent that the guy loves this team and want to win more than anything and is just as frustrated as we are. He leaves it all out on the field, too.

He sees this team throw away every opportunity that presents itself and it is getting to him. Storming off the field may not be the best thing to do but the wheels are coming off so what do we all expect? You've got Witten and Romo yelling at Garrett, too. These guys want to win just as much as we want them to.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score

Merit in what you say.

I know.

Still..this is game of emotions..

..and to me..

..you wear it on your sleeve AND you play the game.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 3m
George Selvie left Sunday's game with back spasms.

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 38m
RT @wingoz: Cowboys WR Dez Bryant scheduled to join us today on NFL LIVE. Key word "scheduled">>I'm scheduled to star in movie with Denzel

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 3m
Cowboys WR Dez Bryant said he regrets leaving field early and said he went inside the locker room and cried. Said he couldn't watch GB kneel
Cowboys WR Dez Bryant said he apologized for leaving the field early but called it an emotional moment.

I did the same. I put my empty beer glass in the sink, turned off the big screen and left the basement before the official ruling on the int was made.

yentl911

Reaction score
I think Selvie is a keeper. He plays hard and would be a very good situational pass rusher. He was a good find but is not an every down player.

Dez played his heart out and was pissed that we blew a 23 point lead and had seen enough. I can't say I blame him for getting out of dodge.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leaving the field during regulation is obviously politically incorrect, but I'm not even mad at Dez. I did the same thing. For the first time in 35 years as a fan, I turned off the TV before the game was over. It was clearly an interception and I just couldn't sit there and listen to the ruling then watch them kneel and celebrate. I'm glad Dez admits that he cried. Michael Irvin did the same thing once during a loss. At least Dez cares, even if he doesn't always express it properly.

As far as making an NFL Live appearance, I hope Rich Dalrymple convinces him not to.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I did the same. I put my empty beer glass in the sink, turned off the big screen and left the basement before the official ruling on the int was made.

I did the same, once they showed the replay I knew it was an int and no reason to watch the rest. I figured JG would burn the last time out just to prolong it. Shoveling snow helped me get over it
I don't remember any game where I didn't watch the last play, I even stayed in soldier field to watch the last play, and it wasn't because I was frozen to my seat

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I did the same, once they showed the replay I knew it was an int and no reason to watch the rest. I figured JG would burn the last time out just to prolong it. Shoveling snow helped me get over it
I don't remember any game where I didn't watch the last play, I even stayed in soldier field to watch the last play, and it wasn't because I was frozen to my seat

For all my 30+ years of fanhood I have always watched to the bitter end. Last week marked a paradigm shift in that I stopped watching after the 3rd Q and I gotta tell you, it is quite liberating.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
I have to admit that Dez is growing on me. At first I looked at him as an immature individual but it is becoming more and more apparent that the guy loves this team and want to win more than anything and is just as frustrated as we are. He leaves it all out on the field, too.

He sees this team throw away every opportunity that presents itself and it is getting to him. Storming off the field may not be the best thing to do but the wheels are coming off so what do we all expect? You've got Witten and Romo yelling at Garrett, too. These guys want to win just as much as we want them to.

Yeah, this is a good point and not really one that's been discussed. It's not ok for Dez to leave the field cause he can't take watching GB kneel for a win, but it's ok for Witten and Romo to yell at Garrett? And I HATE Garrett.