Semi Pro Football

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I know some of you remember my high school pics, (grad. 05) and me playing for Blinn College.

Now im back in Atlanta, Georgia. Im playing semi-pro football for the Georgia Lions

www.georgialions.com

I'll be #82 WR.

:)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
thank you! first practice for me is next tuesday!

they use a 4 wr set, so i should get plenty of time

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Practice is going good, my first game is next sat.

I've earned a nickname. "T.O" My last name is Owens and I was catching EVERYTHING. So they were saying im gonna be #81. lol

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Muhast said:
Practice is going good, my first game is next sat.

I've earned a nickname. "T.O" My last name is Owens and I was catching EVERYTHING. So they were saying im gonna be #81. lol

i would be a smart *** and be like "pfft he isn't on my level..." :laugh2:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
haha Im not THAT cocky.

Im trying to decide what to do for my first touchdown dance though.

Any ideas?

the kid 05

Reaction score
go to the middle of the field and spread your arms...they did say you were Terrell :)

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Anthony Hunt is listed at 6'3" 285# playing LB. Is that weight accurate or did you put your foot on the scale?:D

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
its accurate.

We have some guys that are going to arena football after this season. One dude played in the NFL he's DB/FS James Prince. He played for the New England Patriots at one point.

We lost 16-8 tonight. I had one catch for 18 yards, broke a tackle and gained 4 more. So I was 1 for 22 tonight. 22.0 yards a catch isnt bad huh? ;) it was 3rd and 10 I believe

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Man... I was supposed to start this week and thursday at practice I tore my quadriceps. The doctor said its a stage 2 tear, meaning theres swelling, the muscle kinda bulges from normal and its extremely sensitive to touch, it hurts to even walk.

I talked to the coach about it at practice but that was before i found out it was torn. Docs say 4-6 weeks. But im gonna try and play next week limited action.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Muhast said:
contacted the owner, sent game film. got signed.

game film from highschool? and do you think they would allow a tryout? like do you think any semi pro team would?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
game film from high school and college. But most will let u try out with game film from high school.

Google semi-pro teams in your area, and contact them, I mean almost all the leagues seasons are winding down, but you can still try out now for next years team, and practice with them and learn the offense/defense this year most likely.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
1071727535_l.jpg

#81. WR

1071742655_l.jpg

Kickoff team

1071814742_l.jpg

Me and the team owner (#2) (#3) just signed with an Arena football team.

1071737252_l.jpg

celebrating the win the next night. :)

the pics wont show up????? is there not allowed my space pics?

the kid 05

Reaction score
Muhast said:
game film from high school and college. But most will let u try out with game film from high school.

Google semi-pro teams in your area, and contact them, I mean almost all the leagues seasons are winding down, but you can still try out now for next years team, and practice with them and learn the offense/defense this year most likely.

what if you didn't play collge or h/s ball? but play with friends alot? are their like try outs and such?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Well if you play with friends a lot most likely you won't have the techniques learned from playing organized football.

I mean best advice: google to find teams in your area and contact the owners.

I can't speak for every team, b/c im sure different teams have different standards.

I CAN say not just anybody can play though, My team has 3 players that played arena football, 2 that just signed with arena teams, and 2 players that were on an NFL roster at one point. This isnt like high school, everybody on the team is well conditioned, and disciplined with hopes of being picked up by an arena team, or better. NFL scouts even come to games, we had Green Bay scouts there 3 weeks ago.

But if you think you can hang, contact a few owners and ask what they do in the offseason as far as holding mini camps, or try outs. My team has "mini camps" where high school/college players come and if you do well the sign you from that. It's basically a try out, but the team participates also. Kinda like training camp I guess, they practice with us, we (the team) do all the same things as usual learning plays and practicing, and when they are done the team will most likely stay the same, with a few of those guys getting signed also.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
This season has been VERY frustrating for me.

I joined the team 3 games into the season, they were 0-3 and very happy to get me to play. The first game I play in, I barely touch the field. Just special teams. Second game I play 4-5 plays of offense and have 1 catch for 22 yards in a big 3rd and 18 situation,( I broke 2 tackles to get the first). Next game Im starting and 10 plays into the game I tear my quad.... So Im out the next 3 games. I finally am able to play again last night and had 2 passes thrown to me, both were thrown on the run and the DB almost intercepted it each time, I knocked the ball out once, and the second time he was out of bounds. I Did have 2 tackles on special teams and 3 flat backs on kick return.

Were 1-7. This is a very frustrating season for me. Not getting to play, then finally getting to play and getting hurt, and then coming back off the injury and not being able to get a break. You think the cowboys have O-line issues come watch my team play. The qb has about 1.5 seconds to throw a pass before he is swarmed by every dlineman possible.

Just an update.