senior bowl-lineman Cowboys have interest in

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Per the Silver Star digest, the Cowboys have shown significant interest in Virginia Tech D-lineman Jim Davis and Oregon offensive tackle Adam Snyder. Article stated that showed "heavy" interest in both. Just thought you guys would like to know.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Here is NFL draft countdown's evaluation on Jim Davis. Not an attractive review especially about poor against the run. Notes have him playing best in a 3-4 defense. Hint Hint

Jim Davis

Official Bio College: Virginia Tech Height: 6-4
Position: Defensive End Weight: 265
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 5.00
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Good size with the frame to get bigger and add some weight...Very aggressive and powerful...Pretty good athlete...Has some pass rush ability...Plays hard and always gives 100%...Productive player.
Weaknesses: A 'tweener who doesn't have the size to play inside at tackle and lacks the speed and quickness you look for outside at end...Has had some injury problems in the past and durability is a concern...Inconsistent...Doesn't play the run as well as he should.
Notes: Would fit best at defensive end in a 3-4 scheme such as Pittsburgh or Houston's...Doesn't have the physical tools you look for but he gets the job done and could succeed in the right scheme.
- Scott Wright

<<< BACK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This site is in no way affiliated with the National Football League (NFL) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). All logos and images contained within this site are the property of the respective teams and should not be used without consent.
www.nfldraftcountdown.com Contact | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy
©Scott Wright. All Rights Reserved.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Here is the lowdown on Snyder, I think I recall a similar eval on Peterman last year in that he was limited athletically. He is ranked 6th out of this years offensive guard class.

Adam Snyder

Official Bio College: Oregon Height: 6-6
Position: Offensive Guard Weight: 325
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 5.05
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Has a lot of experience...Versatile and has played both guard and tackle...Good technician...Nice size...Smart with good awareness...Tough.
Weaknesses: Very limited athletically...Doesn't move all that well...Needs to get stronger...Will get beaten by speed rushers...Not very quick.
Notes: Probably can't play left tackle in the pros, but could project to either guard or right tackle...Versatility is a major plus...May not have a huge upside but could develop into a solid starter in the pros.
- Scott Wright

<<< BACK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This site is in no way affiliated with the National Football League (NFL) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). All logos and images contained within this site are the property of the respective teams and should not be used without consent.
www.nfldraftcountdown.com Contact | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy
©Scott Wright. All Rights Reserved.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
5.0 seems slow for a LB...

These are guys they'll probably try and bring in as camp fodder after they go undrafted.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
thats terrible news

I watched the ESPN hour and from what I saw:

Players looking good so far:
TE Smith Stanford
WR Clayton
OL Baas
DT - Missou

s Brimmer can't cover ANYONE

Orlovski, Orton, Frye look like Round 2 QB's

Gaede

Reaction score
Interesting that we're looking at later round guys, instead of the top prospects.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Gaede said:
Interesting that we're looking at later round guys, instead of the top prospects.

Thats what we are looking at :banghead:

I have a draft value chart:

We can trade out our Two #1's and get

32 - 5th rounders
32 - 6th rounders
And BEST
32 - 7TH ROUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could own all Day 2 picks but supplementals!
Factor in our hitting on .0199437 percent of Day two picks past 12 years

We would add 2 more ST guys to the roster - GUARANTEED!

spindoc

Reaction score
Nors, Even a lurker like me needs to post and tell you that was one of the funniest posts I've read in awhile. The sad part is: it's true. May we please pick BPA this year.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Most of the top prospects don't even participate. That's why it was such ground breaking news Cadillac Williams is participating. The Senior Bowl is meant to scout mid-lower tier guys. That's what all teams are there for.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
spindoc said:
Nors, Even a lurker like me needs to post and tell you that was one of the funniest posts I've read in awhile. The sad part is: it's true. May we please pick BPA this year.

I was almost serious, angry, confused and exasperated at the two players we are looking at down there. I have compiled a top 280 player database for this draft. I know most all of the top 100 players by name. Always a few new names surface. I didn't recognize those two names and was ticked that we are not looking at the higher end players. I was not trying to be funny. In rereading the post I chuckled.

This is where I really got pissed. We are going to trade down and down and down. I whip out my trade chart, those #'s are fairly accurate. We have enough value with our 2 #1, to trade for the entire second day of draft.

The ceiling is there! We could go long on Punters. We could try out the Division II all american team trolling for sleepers! We could draft DE's and try them at TE, and giggle. We could draft 4 CB's on day 2, wait we did that last year! We might even draft a FS, nah - we could get 10 SS's! We could load up on 4-3 Players to make Zimmer smile and Get Parcells mad! We could draft a Day II QB and then explain that you can't trust a Rookie and play VT again.

Think of the Savings in Signing Bonus alone! We could frontload that and distribute the $ to VT, George, Glenn, Key, Anderson and Dat Dude (that kidder)

Remember ST is 1/3 of the game!

Rush 2112

Reaction score
They're playing poker. Just like BP and JJ not going to Henson workout. Don't want to show hand. May have tipped their hand with Williamson interest. Could be pass rush at #11 and speed WR at #20 ala Troy.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
They're playing poker. Just like BP and JJ not going to Henson workout. Don't want to show hand. May have tipped their hand with Williamson interest. Could be pass rush at #11 and speed WR at #20 ala Troy.

Spears
Roth
Peterson
Baas
Missouri DT
Clayton
Sproles
Alex Smith
Dreesen

Reaction score
Why would be come out and show interested in big time first round prospects??? Doesn't make any sense, if we did teams that wanted that guy would make a move in front of us and draft him a pick or two in front of us.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Why would be come out and show interested in big time first round prospects??? Doesn't make any sense, if we did teams that wanted that guy would make a move in front of us and draft him a pick or two in front of us.

May be that, but there are a lot of guys we should be looking at for #20 and round 2. Guess they are scouting out Day 2 - fair enough!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Nors said:
May be that, but there are a lot of guys we should be looking at for #20 and round 2. Guess they are scouting out Day 2 - fair enough!
You can bet he watching Marcus Spears out of the corner of his eye...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nors said:

These dang-well better be day 2 type picks...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
These dang-well better be day 2 type picks...

First rounder there

and a bevy of 2nd/3rd round considerations

Julius Jones played in this game last year as did Rivers.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nors said:
First rounder there

and a bevy of 2nd/3rd round considerations

Julius Jones played in this game last year as did Rivers.

Yep... Rivers was impressive in that game... of course, to me... he was the best QB prospect out there...

VThokie7

Reaction score
Jim Davis is definately a great player, watch any Tech game and he does a very good job of collapsing the pocket. Which is surprising since before his injury he played DE, but then this year with Daryl Tapp and Noland Burhette at DE, Davis moved inside to DT. Tech had a top 5 defense this year and nobody was able to run on us including Auburns tandem of Brown and Williams so he isn't nearly as bad as they make him out to be on playing the run.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
Jim Davis is definately a great player, watch any Tech game and he does a very good job of collapsing the pocket. Which is surprising since before his injury he played DE, but then this year with Daryl Tapp and Noland Burhette at DE, Davis moved inside to DT. Tech had a top 5 defense this year and nobody was able to run on us including Auburns tandem of Brown and Williams so he isn't nearly as bad as they make him out to be on playing the run.

Day 2 3-4 DE prospect.