Senior Bowl Prediction

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I am biased b/c he is my former teammate and close friend...

Mobile, AL. (Dec. 25)---You can add another first team Associated Press All-American to the Under Armour Senior Bowl’s South roster. South Carolina linebacker Eric Norwood has officially accepted an invitation to the 2010 game, bowl officials announced today. With the addition of Norwood there are now five first team All-Americans on the South roster. The other four AP All-Americans recently named to the South roster are Alabama’s Javier Arenas, Terrence Cody, Leigh Tiffin and Mike Johnson. The 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl will kickoff at 3 pm (CT) on January 30th in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The game will be televised live by the NFL Network.
In addition to his All-American honors, Norwood was a first team All-SEC selection by both the AP and league’s coaches and a finalist for the Butkus and Lombardi Awards. Entering the Gamecocks’ bowl game Norwood is tied for third in the SEC with seven sacks and tied for eighth with 11.5 tackles for a loss. He has two interceptions on the season---one he returned for a touchdown---and leads the team with 11 quarterback hurries.
“I just want to go down there and show what I have done over the course of the last four years at South Carolina,” Norwood said. “I want to show that I can play each linebacker position effectively, whether it’s inside linebacker or outside linebacker; that I am the complete player, the total package.”
The Acworth, Georgia native is South Carolina’s all-time leader in tackles for a loss with 54.5, which also ranks seventh on the SEC’s all-time list. His 29 career sacks are a school record and he’s even a threat on special teams with three blocked kicks this season. For his career, Norwood has totaled 245 tackles with 71 of those coming in 2009.
“Eric has proved to be one of the finest linebackers in the country over the last four years,” Senior Bowl President and CEO Steve Hale said. “We believe his passion and intensity will be well received by the hundreds of NFL scouts in attendance next month.”

-------------------------
Eric will be the biggest stand out amongst a talented group in the Senior Bowl. Write it down.

I pray Philly/NY/Washington doesn't draft him as he will be a James Harrison type player in the NFL.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Muhast;3251992 said:
I am biased b/c he is my former teammate and close friend...

Mobile, AL. (Dec. 25)---You can add another first team Associated Press All-American to the Under Armour Senior Bowl’s South roster. South Carolina linebacker Eric Norwood has officially accepted an invitation to the 2010 game, bowl officials announced today. With the addition of Norwood there are now five first team All-Americans on the South roster. The other four AP All-Americans recently named to the South roster are Alabama’s Javier Arenas, Terrence Cody, Leigh Tiffin and Mike Johnson. The 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl will kickoff at 3 pm (CT) on January 30th in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The game will be televised live by the NFL Network.
In addition to his All-American honors, Norwood was a first team All-SEC selection by both the AP and league’s coaches and a finalist for the Butkus and Lombardi Awards. Entering the Gamecocks’ bowl game Norwood is tied for third in the SEC with seven sacks and tied for eighth with 11.5 tackles for a loss. He has two interceptions on the season---one he returned for a touchdown---and leads the team with 11 quarterback hurries.
“I just want to go down there and show what I have done over the course of the last four years at South Carolina,” Norwood said. “I want to show that I can play each linebacker position effectively, whether it’s inside linebacker or outside linebacker; that I am the complete player, the total package.”
The Acworth, Georgia native is South Carolina’s all-time leader in tackles for a loss with 54.5, which also ranks seventh on the SEC’s all-time list. His 29 career sacks are a school record and he’s even a threat on special teams with three blocked kicks this season. For his career, Norwood has totaled 245 tackles with 71 of those coming in 2009.
“Eric has proved to be one of the finest linebackers in the country over the last four years,” Senior Bowl President and CEO Steve Hale said. “We believe his passion and intensity will be well received by the hundreds of NFL scouts in attendance next month.”

-------------------------
Eric will be the biggest stand out amongst a talented group in the Senior Bowl. Write it down.

I pray Philly/NY/Washington doesn't draft him as he will be a James Harrison type player in the NFL.

James Harrison? Your friends an overrated roided up wife beating punk?

Compare him to Spencer!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3252004 said:
James Harrison? Your friends an overrated roided up wife beating punk?

Compare him to Spencer!

lol no but James Harrison is the closest dominant pass rusher to him, size wise. That's why I used that comparison.