Senior Bowl thread

rambo2

Reaction score
So, now Bo Nix is going to be a top 10 pick. I like him a lot.

RS12

Reaction score

Suamataia seems to have shrunk a couple inches.

RS12

Reaction score
2. Jackson Powers-Johnson - C/G - Oregon

Background:
Powers-Johnson is a former 4-star recruit out of Corner Canyon High School in Utah where he was team captain, two-way player and three-time state champion. He also lettered three times in baseball and wrestling. He has only been a full-time starter for one season at Oregon but burst onto the scene, winning the Rimington Trophy and earning an unanimous All-American selection.

Strengths: Size, athletic ability, power, competitive toughness

Weaknesses: Inexperienced and didn’t face great competition in his one year as a full-time starter

2023 Games studied: Utah, Washington x 2, USC, Oregon State, Stanford

Best tape: USC

Powers-Johnson played this game with a noticeable limp but didn’t sacrifice any strength or power, sustaining the same level of play as every other game this season, despite the circumstances.

Overview: Powers-Johnson combined plenty of flash with highlight reel blocks in almost every game that created buzz on the internet, but when you sit down to study his film, he had the substance to match the hype. At 6’3”, 320 pounds, JPJ has elite size for the pivot with matching explosiveness and power. He flat-out dominated the competition this season, making it difficult to find more than a handful of reps where he was really challenged. This is a testament to his ability but also the fairly weak crop of interior defensive linemen in the Pac-12 this season. Practice in Mobile can really solidify his status as a first-round pick given the expected spike in competition.

Grade: Year 1 starter (Late 1st/Early 2nd Round)

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/2024-senior-bowl-ol-preview-rankings

Love the wrestling background and particularly the toughness. This team desperately needs toughness.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I want to draft Johnny Wilson so we can turn him into prime Darren Waller.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Love the wrestling background and particularly the toughness. This team desperately needs toughness.
I don't know how you'd find this info, but I bet if you looked at which draft prospects were former stud wrestlers, the hit rate would be through the roof. The technique from wrestling and the no-limelight, all-toughness mentality translate so well to football.