Serious Dez Questions

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez is pretty polarizing. I know some are not high on him and others would drink his bath water.

I am curious what you guys think as a group. Weigh in on this and let's discuss it civilly. If you don't want to talk about Dez or can't stand positive or negative comments made, go make your own thread.

1. Will Dez be a Cowboy next year? If not will it be because of a cut or trade.

2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate Dez' play this year.

3. In your opinion is Dez worth his contract?

4. Was Dez ever elite or did Romo make him a lot of money in the same way he did Laurent Robinson?

5. Where do you personally rate Dez among other receivers in the league?

6. For the Dez Die Hards--- what do you attribute Dez poor numbers especially against good teams? Is it all Dak?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
More Dez hate

billbored.gif

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dez is pretty polarizing. I know some are not high on him and others would drink his bath water.

I am curious what you guys think as a group. Weigh in on this and let's discuss it civilly. If you don't want to talk about Dez or can't stand positive or negative comments made, go make your own thread.

4. Was Dez ever elite or did Romo make him a lot of money in the same way he did Laurent Robinson?

6. For the Dez Die Hards--- what do you attribute Dez poor numbers especially against good teams? Is it all Dak?

You never get tired of this B.S., do you?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Dez is what he is. He’s no all world and he ain’t no slouch. Overpaid because he’s flashed brilliance. Every team in the league would have him in their starting lineup.

Anytime he doesn’t like up 100 yards and TD’s, he sucks.

He’s hardly the problem with this team.

Titleist

Reaction score
1. Yes
2. 5/10
3. Not right now, that's for sure.
4. "Elite" is a subjective term but from 2012-2014 it is widely agreed that Dez was a top 5, perhaps top 3 WR. That's elite to me.
5. A top 10 talent even today. But his recent production does not resemble that at all.
6. I think you're trying to hard with this question.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I just can’t imagine being so negative that after a road win against the Commanders I start a thread wanting to fight with fans who like a player on their favorite team.

Do you need a hug or something.

He needs his safe space for sure :facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score

1) Yes
2) I'd say a 6. Not all his fault but if he wants to be considered elite, he can't drop the passes he's dropped.
3) Ehhhh, probably not. But again it might not be all his fault. He got paid based on what he did with Romo. The offense changed when Prescott and Elliott came on board.
4) Yes
5) I'd say pushing the Top Ten, likely in the 10-15 range.
6) I am not a diehard but I think it's a combo of things - I think it's part Dak but I think for some reason, Dez can easily be taken out of games against better CBs.

robjay04

Reaction score
This guy has been making negative Dez threads since the offseason. Win or lose, he is here to bash Dez.

We are a run first team and Dez will never have the numbers like other receivers in offenses that pass more.

pitt33

Reaction score
Dez is what he is. He’s no all world and he ain’t no slouch. Overpaid because he’s flashed brilliance. Every team in the league would have him in their starting lineup.

Anytime he doesn’t like up 100 yards and TD’s, he sucks.

He’s hardly the problem with this team.
Yep

We are a run first team now. Dak isn’t going to throw it all over the lot. That is by design.

Me thinks he really misses Romo.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

I'll play:

1. Yes, Dez will be a Cowboy next year.
2. I would rate Dez's play this year around a 3.5.
3. Dez was worth every penny at the time he signed his contract after the 2014 season. He was on a Randy Moss like pace for the first 5 years of his career. Due to injuries, etc., he is currently not even close to worth his contract.
4. Dez was without question elite from 2010-2014, particularly 2012-2014ish. Nearly unstoppable and routinely beat double and tight coverage.
5. In his prime, Dez was easily top 5 and probably top 3. Currently, without specifically trying to put a list together, I'd probably say he's somewhere around 15-25 or so.
6. Not a Dez die hard, but appreciate how good he was at his peak. I think the injuries of the past couple years (particularly the foot injury) have robbed him of a lot of the athleticism that made him so special. He was never a polished route runner, he won his matchups based on freakish athleticism. Some of that has been sapped.

Verdict

Reaction score
There was nothing negative in my post. Go back and read it.