Reaction score
Several Cowboys’ starters won’t be available against Eagles
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

sstevenson@star-telegram.com

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article221283700.html

November 07, 2018 11:39 AM

Updated November 07, 2018 12:50 PM

FRISCO
Linebacker Sean Lee and guard Connor Williams won’t be available this week and beyond as the Dallas Cowboys start the second of their season Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles

DBOY3141

Reaction score
More excuses for Jerry.
he can do it, but that's going to be a hard sell.

"we would have won more games if our LG hadn't missed two games and our 32 old LB who has been outplayed by our rookie missed 8 games" he could sell that when Romo went down a few years ago and Cassel/Weeden were playing...but now....nope. 5-11 or 6-10 will require JG/SL being gone.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Tough season for our O-line. More back ups on the line is probably not going to make things better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Williams wasn't doing great but is certainly better than his backup. However, Yosemite's backup has been good so maybe this will be ok but I wouldn't pick against the Eagles if all of our guys were healthy and Schwartz is gonna turn the dogs loose into that backfield. The only OL that brought his A game is Martin, Big Smitty is not what he used to be and I don't know what to make of Collins.

They drafted Vander Esch because of Lee's propensity for injury, now we will get to see if that paid off because they've got some teams lined up that can run the ball as well as fill the air.

There's one good thing about this. In the past, Marinelli would go into BDBD and we would just watch teams march down the field. If Richard is that aggressive D play caller, we will get a good look at that Sunday night. He knows the offense cannot overcome a double digit lead so playing it safe against PHL is playing right into their hands.

Richard has been aggressive against mid level to poor offenses but now he has 3 good offenses out of the next 4 games. I am interested to see how he calls this. Because the reverse has taken place before our eyes, we used to be one of the most offense dependent teams in the league and now it is our defense that must keep us in these games because PHL, ATL and NO can score in clumps. And all 3 have high level receiving corps so that secondary is going to really get tested.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Tough season for our O-line. More back ups on the line is probably not going to make things better.

Saints entire offensive line listed on injury report
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 8, 2018, 8:05 AM EST
gettyimages-1057340378-e1541682319674.jpg

Getty Images

Yes, the Saints signed Dez Bryant.

They might need him to play guard.

Via Luke Johnson of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Saints had an unusual concentration of names on their injury report, as their entire starting offensive linewas listed on the injury report, and didn’t appear in the portion of practice open to the media.

Right guard Larry Warford was the only one to miss the entire practice, but his absence was non-injury related. The other four were listed as limited, including: Left tackle Terron Armstead(knee), center Max Unger (knee), right tackle Ryan Ramczyk (knee) and left guard Andrus Peat (hip).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't put too much in that, Rodgers beat us with 5 G's on the OL.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Williams wasn't doing great but is certainly better than his backup. However, Yosemite's backup has been good so maybe this will be ok but I wouldn't pick against the Eagles if all of our guys were healthy and Schwartz is gonna turn the dogs loose into that backfield. The only OL that brought his A game is Martin, Big Smitty is not what he used to be and I don't know what to make of Collins.

They drafted Vander Esch because of Lee's propensity for injury, now we will get to see if that paid off because they've got some teams lined up that can run the ball as well as fill the air.

There's one good thing about this. In the past, Marinelli would go into BDBD and we would just watch teams march down the field. If Richard is that aggressive D play caller, we will get a good look at that Sunday night. He knows the offense cannot overcome a double digit lead so playing it safe against PHL is playing right into their hands.

Richard has been aggressive against mid level to poor offenses but now he has 3 good offenses out of the next 4 games. I am interested to see how he calls this. Because the reverse has taken place before our eyes, we used to be one of the most offense dependent teams in the league and now it is our defense that must keep us in these games because PHL, ATL and NO can score in clumps. And all 3 have high level receiving corps so that secondary is going to really get tested.
Watching this Defense Monday night I really think Marinelli was calling that. Saw him talking into that head phone a lot and the style was not aggressive. Not sure the replacement for Williams isn’t worse or better. If I am Linehan I am running a lot of screens throwing bombs and running off tackle. If you lose then you have to run the table. If we win they get a extra week. Lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Getty Images

Via Luke Johnson of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Saints had an unusual concentration of names on their injury report, as their entire starting offensive linewas listed on the injury report, and didn’t appear in the portion of practice open to the media.

Right guard Larry Warford was the only one to miss the entire practice, but his absence was non-injury related. The other four were listed as limited, including: Left tackle Terron Armstead(knee), center Max Unger (knee), right tackle Ryan Ramczyk (knee) and left guard Andrus Peat (hip).

So with all the injuries the Bengals have as well, they may have a little better chance, and being a home game too.
Dez most likely won't be a factor, if he plays, as he will have 1 day to learn the game plan.

So hopefully the Bengals can pull out a win.

visionary

Reaction score
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

FRISCO
Linebacker Sean Lee and guard Connor Williams won’t be available this week and beyond as the Dallas Cowboys start the second of their season Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles

Can you say Hallelujah
Convenient excuse

Signed
Garrett

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Getty Images

Brees doesnt need an oline. He knows how to anticipate the pressure, audible, and get the ball out quick.

Articles like that only effect dak.

Carson

Reaction score

Getty Images

Doubt they miss a beat. Coaching matters

birdwells1

Reaction score

How do you know this? This organization is more interested in proving their decisions right than fielding the best players on game day. Conner Williams is to light right now to be an NFL guard everyone can see it but they never even thought to pull him to let him watch and learn this season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

FRISCO

Su'a-Filo starts in Williams' place, I assume.

Redmond seems to be more of the backup option at center, while I doubt we would move Collins to guard and put Fleming at right tackle.

Frankly, replacing our weakest link on the line shouldn't produce much of a drop-off. It would be different if Martin was going to miss games.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

FRISCO
I can hear the robotic excuse laiden post game presser by clapper already.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

FRISCO

Perfect!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much in that, Rodgers beat us with 5 G's on the OL.
Yeah 5 guards who were allowed to use wrestling holds on are defensive linemen. Never will forget that double team of Irving. Looked like wwe wrestling.