Sewell avail at 10? Chargers trade up?

hendog86

Reaction score
If Surtain, Horn and Sewell are all available @ 10 and the Chargers who pick 13, offer 13 and their 2nd to pick Sewell do you do it?

Giants and Eagles are the next two picks. Would you risk both the corners? I guess the other top rated defensive player is Parsons. So you would definitely get one of the three.

And btw Pitts is gone haha

J-man

Reaction score
No, I'm taking Sewell, they can have the CB's. I'll take Newsome or Melifonwu at 44. They'll be scrambling to take an OT like Leatherwood or Mayfield in rd 2. There O-lines suck and wouldn't get much better. That's a win for us all day.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Surtain, Horn and Sewell are all available @ 10 and the Chargers who pick 13, offer 13 and their 2nd to pick Sewell do you do it?

Giants and Eagles are the next two picks. Would you risk both the corners? I guess the other top rated defensive player is Parsons. So you would definitely get one of the three.

Yes. It's not even a question.

visionary

Reaction score
Depends on what the team knows about Tyron and Collins. But if Sewell or Pitts is there a trade down would take some thinking

Losing both CBs would be a welcome side benefit of trading down

MarkP88

Reaction score

I don't care about the corners, but I sure as heck would not pass on Sewell.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That would be a tremendous value gain; you can't turn down that trade. Trading 10 for 13 + 47 is a gain of 21% by the traditional chart and over 40% by more modern charts. And you still have a 2 in 3 chance of getting one of the CBs.

Remember the Claiborne trade? We gave up 45 to go from 14 to 6. Getting 47 to drop from 10 to 13 is a hugely better deal. No way the Chargers would do it.

They might offer 13 + 77 for 10. That would still be a pretty interesting offer.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

No. If Sewell is there, I take him no matter the offer. He's a better pick then Surtain, Horn, Pitts or Parsons. To me, he's probably the 1st or 2nd best prospect in this draft. I like him more then really everybody but the QBs and the value associated kind of skew the evaluations. But just Football player to Football player, I think Sewell is the best player in this draft. If you could get him at 10, you do it. If not, you end up with another Randy Moss moment.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I just had a similar scenario play out in a PFF mock draft. I took the trade and was still able to draft Surtain.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Chargers are a good trade partner. If Pitts or Sewell are on the board, I would take Pitts. If Pitts is gone, I would take Sewell. If Pitts and Sewell are gone, I would consider trading back with the Chargers. If they would give us their 2nd rounder.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No way NYG drafts a corner, so you won't miss on both of them anyway.

Last edited: