Sewell avail at 10? Chargers trade up?

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If Surtain, Horn and Sewell are all available @ 10 and the Chargers who pick 13, offer 13 and their 2nd to pick Sewell do you do it?

Giants and Eagles are the next two picks. Would you risk both the corners? I guess the other top rated defensive player is Parsons. So you would definitely get one of the three.

And btw Pitts is gone haha
Absolutely, yes I do it.........Unless you know Smith and/or Collins won't be back healthy.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have the value chart with me, but that seems like a gross overpayment to move up three spots.
It is.

By the traditional chart:
#10 is worth 1300.
#13 and #47 together are worth 1580. If the Chargers offered you that, you take it.
You get three top-50 picks, including #13. You could do very interesting things with #44 and #47, like say move back up into the back half of the 1st round. In theory, those two picks together could get you up to #19. Or you could trade one of those with the 3rd-rounder to get into the high 20s.

The Chargers would more likely offer their 3rd. #13 and #77 total 1355.

hendog86

Reaction score
It is.

By the traditional chart:
#10 is worth 1300.
#13 and #47 together are worth 1580. If the Chargers offered you that, you take it.
You get three top-50 picks, including #13. You could do very interesting things with #44 and #47, like say move back up into the back half of the 1st round. In theory, those two picks together could get you up to #19. Or you could trade one of those with the 3rd-rounder to get into the high 20s.

The Chargers would more likely offer their 3rd. #13 and #77 total 1355.

That’s true. But if the bolts need a LT and the best one in the draft is staring them in the face would you give a 2nd to get him? I would! Maybe the chargers have him as their 1st or 2nd ranked player.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s true. But if the bolts need a LT and the best one in the draft is staring them in the face would you give a 2nd to get him? I would! Maybe the chargers have him as their 1st or 2nd ranked player.
Hey, if they offer it, take it. I'd just be surprised if they did. But you are right, if they have him ranked that high, then it could be worth it to them. Of course, their second rounder could get them a pick higher than ours, if they can find a partner.

I just don't believe anything in the draft is a sure thing. I also think teams overrate their ability to pick winners (which is why the traditional value chart overvalues first rounders). If I have the choice between 10+44 or 13+44+47, I'm taking the second one every time.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Sewell is my dude but that would be tempting. I would most likely just take him.

Verdict

Reaction score
If Surtain, Horn and Sewell are all available @ 10 and the Chargers who pick 13, offer 13 and their 2nd to pick Sewell do you do it?

Giants and Eagles are the next two picks. Would you risk both the corners? I guess the other top rated defensive player is Parsons. So you would definitely get one of the three.

Yes. I would risk losing the top two corners. In fact I do not think I would go corner until later on in the draft, but it would not be at #10.

DanA

Reaction score
The reality is that the Charges would get up to 8 with that deal.

DFWJC

Reaction score

For starters, Dallas runs to podium and takes Sewell there.

Also, your trade is completely fantasyland. No offense, but it's just way to much for those 3 spots.

In fact, it has never happened in NFL history.
Even the Chargers 3rd rounder would be too much

A trade that might work would be 13 and 77 for 10 and 138...maybe

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just had a similar scenario play out in a PFF mock draft. I took the trade and was still able to draft Surtain.
It's literally a borderline impossible trade. It has never happened. Maybe moving from 6 to 3 you could get a 2nd, but not 13 to 10....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Pitts trade up, Horn Trade up, Sewell trade up, Surtain trade up, Joe Momma trade up. Jeez, give it a DR.

mardwin

Reaction score
If either Sewell or Slater are there at #10 I'm taking them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You dont pass on franchise LT's, and we may need one very soon