Sewo Ololinua and perhaps Charlie Taumoepeau?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Watching Sewo’s highlights I like the way he runs. Seems to have good vision, runs through arm tackles and can power through guys at the goal line. They trusted him with a number of goal lines carries out of the wildcat at TCU, that combined with his vision makes me think he’s probably an intelligent player which is nice to have in someone that’s going to have to fill a lot of different roles between being a FB and playing special teams.

He’s got the size to be a lead blocker and the hands to catch some dump or quick option passes. Only question for me is can he block? Both skill and mentality wise it takes quite a bit to be a FB worth having on the roster.

A legit college RB himself. Can run. Can Catch. Can he block? His lifting bodes well for plenty of power for it.
https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/39216/sewo-olonilua

He'll have to play a lot of special teams, but a physical freak who gives us something as an offensive weapon too. I like it. I don't like dead weight blockers.

I really wonder about his 40 time. 4.66 at the combine, but I've seen rumors of 4.55 and even 4.47.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A legit college RB himself. Can run. Can Catch. Can he block? His lifting bodes well for plenty of power for it.
https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/39216/sewo-olonilua

He'll have to play a lot of special teams, but a physical freak who gives us something as an offensive weapon too. I like it. I don't like dead weight blockers.

I really wonder about his 40 time. 4.66 at the combine, but I've seen rumors of 4.55 and even 4.47.

4.66 is fine for a fullback. What really matters is his initial explosion, which I've read isn't very good. But he can make up for that some with power, balance and vision. I'm not saying I know that he has those things, just that speed and explosiveness aren't everything. especially for his new position.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
4.66 is fine for a fullback. What really matters is his initial explosion, which I've read isn't very good. But he can make up for that some with power, balance and vision. I'm not saying I know that he has those things, just that speed and explosiveness aren't everything. especially for his new position.

I heard a vertical between 35-40 inches. I've seen explosiveness described high somewhere, low somewhere else.

TheDank

Reaction score
Reading up and watching him I don’t doubt his physical abilities, blocking involves a lot more than just being big and strong though.

Positioning, technique, pre-snap reads/communication, and finally the right mentality to run through a player or stand up a blitzer. Reading up about him it sounds like he hasn’t shown that in film anywhere yet. I’m not sure he was really asked to do these things in college either so we have no way of knowing until we get some training camp reports. I love watching some good fullback play so I hope Sewo does well and makes the team.