Shame on you, Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Firstly, I must congratulate the Philadelphia Eagles on a tremendous Super Bowl. I try to remain classy as best as I can, and that includes even congratulating rivals when they succeed. That was an incredible Super Bowl. Furthermore, the coaching staff of the Eagles proved themselves to be outstanding. Winning despite all the adversity and against a team that was considered by many to be nearly invincible is an outstanding achievement.

Sidenote: Mods, I think the content that I am writing in this thread fits the category of Drama Zone. However, if it is not, then feel free to move it to whichever thread you wish.

Now, I just have this to say to Jerry Jones and Jason Garret...

SHAME ON YOU! You both should hang your heads in SHAME after tonight. We witnessed a team that had been burned to the ground by Chip Kelly rise up from the ashes and win the Super Bowl that many never considered playoff worthy for the next 5 years at a minimum with the damage Chip Kelly did. Not to mention the mountain of adversity that they faced. Yet, you, Jerry and Jason, struggle to achieve success through even the smallest adversity. Sure, we had our problems, but so did Philly. Did that stop them from beating NEW ENGLAND? Nope! It definitely didn't. Yet, you both can't even get through a wet paper bag over the last 20+ years. Shame shame SHAME on the two of years.

If we are to achieve success, then I think the remedy is to have the hot seat for the coaching staff as hot as an electrical fire. Either we win the Super Bowl this year, or the ENTIRE coaching staff should be gutted and eviscerated. If watching the Patriots rip into our legacy did nothing to change Jerry for the better, then I hope what transpired tonight will. Because it is truly pitiful and shameful that we failed to take advantage of what had transpired in Philly to take control of a division that we should have been able to. So, once again, SHAME on you Jerry and Jason. Hold your heads in shame!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For those of you opposed to giving credit where its due, I understand the dislike of the Eagles. I too dislike the Eagles immensely. Yet, we must face the truth. Our team failed. Philly won the Lombardi. Our team faced adversity this season and surrendered. Philly faced adversity this year, and prevailed. Thus, as painful of a pill as it is to swallow, congratulations are in order to that team, and our front office should be ashamed of themselves.

Blackrain

Reaction score
For those of you opposed to giving credit where its due, I understand the dislike of the Eagles. I too dislike the Eagles immensely. Yet, we must face the truth. Our team failed. Philly won the Lombardi. Our team faced adversity this season and surrendered. Philly faced adversity this year, and prevailed. Thus, as painful of a pill as it is to swallow, congratulations are in order to that team, and our front office should be ashamed of themselves.

Great post . The reality is here . The Eagles are set to kick our butts for yrs to come and Jerry and Jason have no clue how to stop the bleeding . After watching the Eagles front office assemble a roster , Pederson out coach Belichick on the biggest stage without his starting QB and LT a hopeless feeling was all I had left .

Its going to be a long 5 yrs and more careers wasted

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Great post . The reality is here . The Eagles are set to kick our butts for yrs to come and Jerry and Jason have no clue how to stop the bleeding . After watching the Eagles front office assemble a roster , Pederson out coach Belichick on the biggest stage without his starting QB and LT a hopeless feeling was all I had left .

Its going to be a long 5 yrs and more careers wasted

I hate to say it, but youʻre absolutely right. Theyʻve got a solid coach, and I hate how our coach and owner wasted the opportunity to own the division. Itʻs truly shameful.

wrongway

Reaction score
Only a blind, deaf and dumb person could not see what they did(eagles). As far as congratulating them, you can. Screw em says I.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup.

Another team rises from the ashes to win it all while we remain mired in mediocrity.

Oh, and one of the sideline stories. When Foles became the starting QB, want to hazard a guess as to what Pederson did? I'll tell ya!!!! He called Chip to see what he did to make him successful, watched a ton of film when Foles was successful, and then changed the O up to suit the skillset of Foles.

Don't know whether to cry or just clap for hard work equaling success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yup.

Another team rises from the ashes to win it all while we remain mired in mediocrity.

Oh, and one of the sideline stories. When Foles became the starting QB, want to hazard a guess as to what Pederson did? I'll tell ya!!!! He called Chip to see what he did to make him successful, watched a ton of film when Foles was successful, and then changed the O up to suit the skillset of Foles.

Don't know whether to cry or just clap for hard work equaling success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, and he did what he had to do so that he could tailor the Eagles offense to fit Foles. Think Garrett does that for Dak? NOPE! With the skillset Dak has, running the same freaking plays that he ran for Romo is NOT effective. They're NOT the same player. Dak can run, but his throwing can be off. So? TAILOR the offense to that. Our offense can do what Philly did. What we lack is the coaches.

jay94

Reaction score
The Eagles made a ton a ton of moves. They signed Nick Foltz, Patrick Robinson, Timmy Jernigan, Alshon Jeffrey, and Torry Holt . They traded for Ronald Darby, and Jay Ajaii. They knew they were a mediocrish team, but they hit on about every guy dealing with trades and FA. Next year they will have a healthy Sidney Jones, which some claimed to be the no 1 corner and if he wasn't one on most boards he was no 2 for most.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

This is the part that fans here can't seem to grasp, they lost their AP left tackle (Peters) for the season, they lost their Pro-Bowl linebacker (HIcks) for the season, they lost a big part of their offense (Sproles) for the season, they lost their starting kicker and his replacement for the season and oh ya they lost their franchise QB(Wentz) for the season, not once did they make excuses, they just went out and got it done. Us on the other hand, we folded our hand, made excuses and blamed the league and injuries for our season. I can't wait to see us all whine again next season. We are nowhere near a SB quality team

kskboys

Reaction score
The Eagles made a ton a ton of moves. They signed Nick Foltz, Patrick Robinson, Timmy Jernigan, Alshon Jeffrey, and Torry Holt . They traded for Ronald Darby, and Jay Ajaii. They knew they were a mediocrish team, but they hit on about every guy dealing with trades and FA. Next year they will have a healthy Sidney Jones, which some claimed to be the no 1 corner and if he wasn't one on most boards he was no 2 for most.
Absolutely.

I still can't believe Jernigan was even available. Why don't we go for guys like that? And Torrey Smith? OMG, where were we when his services were available? Geez. No, he's not a #1, and he failed when he tried to get paid for being a #1. What he is is a topflight #2 speed WR.

Yes, they got lucky that Robinson and Jeffrey stayed healthy. No doubt.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is the part that fans here can't seem to grasp, they lost their AP left tackle (Peters) for the season, they lost their Pro-Bowl linebacker (HIcks) for the season, they lost a big part of their offense (Sproles) for the season, they lost their starting kicker and his replacement for the season and oh ya they lost their franchise QB(Wentz) for the season, not once did they make excuses, they just went out and got it done. Us on the other hand, we folded our hand, made excuses and blamed the league and injuries for our season. I can't wait to see us all whine again next season. We are nowhere near a SB quality team
That goes to our very poor blueprint. We want topflight stars. However, what we don't understand is that you have to pay out the nose to keep topflight stars, and that means you'll be deficient in other areas, and will prolly have poor backups. Having poor backups has plagued us since the late 90's. Just a poor philosophy.

Looking down the Eagles roster, they had 3 guys behind Peters who could play OLT, Lane Johnson at ORT who could play a decent OLT in a pinch, and a young athletic prospect. That's 5 possibilities for OLT if the starter went down.

And what backup did we have to play OLT? Man, I see maybe Laell Collins, but that's it. Chaz Green was most likely going to get hurt again, Byron Bell has sucked for 6 years, and that's it. No competent backups in sight.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Absolutely.

I still can't believe Jernigan was even available. Why don't we go for guys like that? And Torrey Smith? OMG, where were we when his services were available? Geez. No, he's not a #1, and he failed when he tried to get paid for being a #1. What he is is a topflight #2 speed WR.

Yes, they got lucky that Robinson and Jeffrey stayed healthy. No doubt.

No kidding! Could you IMAGINE Torrey Smith and Dez? Obviously, Jerry can't.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That goes to our very poor blueprint. We want topflight stars. However, what we don't understand is that you have to pay out the nose to keep topflight stars, and that means you'll be deficient in other areas, and will prolly have poor backups. Having poor backups has plagued us since the late 90's. Just a poor philosophy.

Looking down the Eagles roster, they had 3 guys behind Peters who could play OLT, Lane Johnson at ORT who could play a decent OLT in a pinch, and a young athletic prospect. That's 5 possibilities for OLT if the starter went down.

And what backup did we have to play OLT? Man, I see maybe Laell Collins, but that's it. Chaz Green was most likely going to get hurt again, Byron Bell has sucked for 6 years, and that's it. No competent backups in sight.

Exactly, and, in the NFL and any major sport, if you want to remain topflight, you must be solid in your depth. We are very good when we have our starting line for most of the time. However, when a cog in the wheel occurs, this team crumbles because of poor depth.

Xelda

Reaction score
I've been told "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". I'm not sure if it applies to sports. I've heard of good sports and sportsmanship, but that sounds optional to me. So I'll go back to my first comment:

Dear Philadelphia Eagles, fans and especially Jordan Hicks

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas stuck in the 90s because JJ is more concerned about making money and the anthem than about winning .

Jerry wants to remain comfortable going into the twilight. Don't dare change a thing .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dallas stuck in the 90s because JJ is more concerned about making money and the anthem than about winning .

Jerry wants to remain comfortable going into the twilight. Don't dare change a thing .

I love his stance regarding the anthem. I appreciate that. As for the money, he'd make a lot more money if we actually won more than an occasional first round playoff game. If he actually make Will McClay the GM and let him do his job, then his money flow would triple. Something tells me it's more than just about the money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s difficult for me to compare our dysfunctional organization to most in the NFL.

Jerry insistence on maintaining a stranglehold on Football operations has lowered the bar here. It’s been going on for a generation now.

I think I’m more surprised most everyone hasn’t caught on yet while I know many have.

Jerry is a promoter not a GM.

Xelda

Reaction score
I love his stance regarding the anthem. I appreciate that. As for the money, he'd make a lot more money if we actually won more than an occasional first round playoff game. If he actually make Will McClay the GM and let him do his job, then his money flow would triple. Something tells me it's more than just about the money.
I saw an interview with JJ in which he commented on regretting letting (I believe it was) Barry Switzer go too soon. That could be his frame of mind now. We know Garrett has had plenty of time, but JJ might not have it in him fire and hire another coach. I think he's still got the gumption, but Garrett is quite intelligent and probably knows how to work JJ well enough to hold his place. There's a whole lot of psychology involved and I'm not equipped to deal with it. These are just my observations.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I saw an interview with JJ in which he commented on regretting letting (I believe it was) Barry Switzer go too soon. That could be his frame of mind now. We know Garrett has had plenty of time, but JJ might not have it in him fire and hire another coach. I think he's still got the gumption, but Garrett is quite intelligent and probably knows how to work JJ well enough to hold his place. There's a whole lot of psychology involved and I'm not equipped to deal with it. These are just my observations.

I did not know about that interview, but I suppose that explains why Garrett's still hanging around here like moss.