Twitter: Shannon Sharpe: “Ceedee has been a WR far too long to make blunders likes these”

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go to 17:30 of the Kurt Warner break down and look at 3 guys wide open, but Dak doesn't see them because he decided before the ball was hiked that he was going to CeeDee and never looked off him.

That's why at 17:30 of that video you see the LB and both safties closing in on CeeDee, because Dak is staring at him the whole time.

You do that and then come back here and say I'm wrong.

CeeDee messed up, but so did Dak.
Dak would have to know ahead of time that CeeDee was going to run the route incorrectly.
- It is a completion for a 1st down if CeeDee runs it correctly.

Dak looking off the Safeties would not have changed the result once CeeDee ran the route incorrectly.

The plural form of Safety is Safeties, not "safties".

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak would have to know ahead of time that CeeDee was going to run the route incorrectly.
- It is a completion for a 1st down if CeeDee runs it correctly.

Dak looking off the Safeties would not have changed the result once CeeDee ran the route incorrectly.

The plural form of Safety is Safeties, not "safties".
If you watched what I asked you to watch and came to that conclusion then we don't really have anything else to discuss.

khiladi

Reaction score
If you get mad I don't care...but we really have some fans that don't know anything about football. The All 22 shows that Dak released the ball as to Ceedee Lamb as he breaks...which is anticipation.

The defender in front of Lamb in the first video shows that the safety would have essentially had to run through Lamb to even make a play on the ball. If Lamb cuts in he throws it in the most open spot, the right hash mark.

"Staring him down". You know most plays are designed to go to a first read, right? He stared it down yet the play was open.

No, you are absolutely wrong. CeeDee Lamb makes his break and Dak still hasn’t even released the ball. All you got to do is pause the film at 3 seconds.

Dak released the ball at around the time CeeDee Lamb is at the 44 yard line and has already broke inward on his post route just I said.

And staring down and “designed to go to the first read” are completely different things. Like I said so many times, there is a defense on the field, so it is the responsibility of the QB to go through his progressions if the first read is a bad look.

Brooksey

Reaction score
All these guys saying CD Lamb is the reason is for the INT is because the Safety intercepts it in the middle of the field. If the Safety is in the middle in single high, the NFL WR rule is you cross his face.
The problem is they showed a two high safety look to CD coming out of his break.

The Rule on Cover 2 is go up the field behind the safety not cross his face.
The Rule on Cover 1 is to cross the safeties face if he's closed, (playing the middle in single high)

but what if it's Cover 2 and the one safety is cheating to the middle? Now what? NOBODY IS TALKIN ABOUT THAT.

Technically the closed safety (in the middle) look makes CD wrong, but it's the fault of Dak for throwing that, FOR NOT KNOWING CD MIGHT BE FOOLED. Not to mention Noah Brown is wide open.
And it's the big time fault of DAK, Lamb, K Moore and McCarthy for not knowing this cold by now, for not having a decisive plan.

That's a damn shame really.

nobody

Reaction score
It's simple. They're both at fault. But Sharpe is right that CeeDee shouldn't be making those mistakes at this point in his career. Two weeks in a row?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
WOW. The notorious Dak hater Shannon Sharpe can’t believe the way Lamb is hanging Dak out to dry. Who would have thought we would see the day? Lol

AMARI COOPER was a no.1 WR. Justin Jefferson is way better than Cee Dee Lamb.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
All these guys saying CD Lamb is the reason is for the INT is because the Safety intercepts it in the middle of the field. If the Safety is in the middle in single high, the NFL WR rule is you cross his face.
The problem is they showed a two high safety look to CD coming out of his break.

The Rule on Cover 2 is go up the field behind the safety not cross his face.
The Rule on Cover 1 is to cross the safeties face if he's closed, (playing the middle in single high)

but what if it's Cover 2 and the one safety is cheating to the middle? Now what? NOBODY IS TALKIN ABOUT THAT.

Technically the closed safety (in the middle) look makes CD wrong, but it's the fault of Dak for throwing that, FOR NOT KNOWING CD MIGHT BE FOOLED. Not to mention Noah Brown is wide open.
And it's the big time fault of DAK, Lamb, K Moore and McCarthy for not knowing this cold by now, for not having a decisive plan.

That's a damn shame really.
Dude look at the photo from Khiladi's post...IT'S SINGLE HIGH SAFETY/COVER 1. Only one/1 Safety is back there. That's a WR that is not a no.1 WR running the wrong route.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's simple. They're both at fault. But Sharpe is right that CeeDee shouldn't be making those mistakes at this point in his career. Two weeks in a row?

2 weeks in a row? Please.. Dak shoudn’t be making the same bone-headed decisions 7 years and running as QB. How many WRs you going to sacrifice ** the altar of Dak?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dude look at the photo from Khiladi's post...IT'S SINGLE HIGH SAFETY/COVER 1. Only one/1 Safety is back there. That's a WR that is not a no.1 WR running the wrong route.

Its actually really cover 3…. the outside safety on the left has also broken inside, as the first progression who is Lamb and Dak staring at him the whole time, brought him inside. You can also see him in the picture, so you have to ask yourself why the safer who is responsible for the left side of the field is that close to Lamb, when Dak has yet to throw the ball. That’s why Gallup is wide-open on the bottom as He already heat his man basically off the snap on the go route.

Further, Lamb DID BREAK INSIDE on a post route. He didn’t “take it deep” behind the safety in reality, the safety just was so well-positioned, against as a result of DAK STARING LAMB DOWN THE WHOLE TIME, so the safety BEAT HIM TO THE SPOT.

again, people ignore THE LINEBACKER who disguised coverage up until right before the snap and dropped back, disrupting the timing of CeeDee’s break.

Every personality that is yapping about Lamb’s break is just looking at it from the perspective of a WR coach, without any due context to what the QB was doing, whether he should be throwing it in the first place. Or the defensive positioning and whether it was even possible for CeeDee to do what they claim he was doing.

This was 100% on Dak as he has control of the ball and when to throw it. Kurt basically said it in a nice way, that Dak ‘trusted’ his receivers, but he had no business throwing the ball in the first place.

Last edited:

Bullet22

Reaction score
If lamb cuts across the safeties face like he should have, then we would have busted their coverage for a big gain. I don’t see why this is an arguable point
This was a timing route...CD was supposed to cut in front of the DB, Dak put the ball in the right spot, CD wasn't there...

nobody

Reaction score
2 weeks in a row? Please.. Dak shoudn’t be making the same bone-headed decisions 7 years and running as QB. How many WRs you going to sacrifice ** the altar of Dak?

It's funny, I could have swore I said they're both at fault. It's even listed when you quoted me. Weird. It's almost as if I don't have an agenda and think the play broke down in multiple ways, Dak being at fault too.

It's very simple. Let go of the current style of absolutist arguing. You don't have to believe one or the other. There can indeed be multiple people at fault. Saying that isn't defending one side or the other.

They were both to blame on that play. Don't like it? Tough. CeeDee ran the wrong route based on getting fooled by coverage. He shouldn't have been fooled at this stage. Dak shouldn't have thrown it there. Had CeeDee ran the right route, it might have been a touchdown. Had Dak not thrown it there, it might not have been intercepted. See how it works? They were both at fault.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's funny, I could have swore I said they're both at fault. It's even listed when you quoted me. Weird. It's almost as if I don't have an agenda and think the play broke down in multiple ways, Dak being at fault too.

It's very simple. Let go of the current style of absolutist arguing. You don't have to believe one or the other. There can indeed be multiple people at fault. Saying that isn't defending one side or the other.

They were both to blame on that play. Don't like it? Tough. CeeDee ran the wrong route based on getting fooled by coverage. He shouldn't have been fooled at this stage. Dak shouldn't have thrown it there. Had CeeDee ran the right route, it might have been a touchdown. Had Dak not thrown it there, it might not have been intercepted. See how it works? They were both at fault.

you said 2 weeks in row he was to blame. Sounds like you were basically trashing Lamb including for an INT that had nothing to do with Lamb and everything to do with Dak staring a WR down allowing the safety to make an easy read and play on the ball period.

No, it’s all Dak’s fault because he had no business throwing the ball there period based on the look. Lamb has ZERO control over Dak releasing the ball and the photo clearly shows that Dak can’t read a defense to save his life now can he simply admit his mistake that he had multiple other WIDE OPEN opportunities.

And Lakb didn’t get fooled because if people were being honest with themselves. lamb broke inside. It’s just that the defenders beat him to their spots. It’s just that poor Dak boy didn’t have everything perfect including the “degree” at which Lamb broke so he couldn’t adjust period

nobody

Reaction score
you said 2 weeks in row he was to blame. Sounds like you were basically trashing Lamb.

No, it’s all Dak’s fault because he had no business throwing the ball there period based on the look. Lamb has ZERO control over Dak releasing the ball.

No, I said two weeks in a row he was fooled by coverage and ran the wrong route. The play called for one thing, called by MOORE and he did another. Dak was partially to blame too. If it's a fast route that's timed, you can bet CeeDee is partially to blame because he's expected to be in a certain spot at a certain time. That's how timed routes work.

Aikman did timed routes all the time. But his receivers ran their routes like they were supposed to. Some of Romo's interceptions came from receivers running the wrong routes on those. Again, they're BOTH at fault. If you go back to the game day threads, I was bashing Dak for throwing the two picks.

In one, he stared down the receiver the whole playing telling the defense just where he was going to throw. He didn't even try to fool them.

Had Lamb ran the expected and called for route, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. He screwed up. That's not saying that Dak didn't screw up too.

khiladi

Reaction score
No, I said two weeks in a row he was fooled by coverage and ran the wrong route. The play called for one thing, called by MOORE and he did another. Dak was partially to blame too. If it's a fast route that's timed, you can bet CeeDee is partially to blame because he's expected to be in a certain spot at a certain time. That's how timed routes work.

Aikman did timed routes all the time. But his receivers ran their routes like they were supposed to. Some of Romo's interceptions came from receivers running the wrong routes on those. Again, they're BOTH at fault. If you go back to the game day threads, I was bashing Dak for throwing the two picks.

In one, he stared down the receiver the whole playing telling the defense just where he was going to throw. He didn't even try to fool them.

Had Lamb ran the expected and called for route, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. He screwed up. That's not saying that Dak didn't screw up too.

Wrong..

Evrtybody says it was an option route, meaning he should have broke inside. He was breaking inside on a post route. He was going “behind him”. The safety beats him to the spot.

The defense knew what Dan was doing from a mile away which is why even the cover 3 safety on the outside, whose primarily responsibility is to cover over the top of Gallup has already shifted to the middle.

And if Dak wasn’t staring Lamb down he could have tossed a bomb for an easy TD.

The fact is Dak is a mental midget that is 7 years in and every WR is sacrificed at the altar of Dak,

nobody

Reaction score
Wrong..

Evrtybody says it was an option route, meaning he should have broke inside. He was breaking inside on a post route. He was going “behind him”. The safety beats him to the spot.

The defense knew what Dan was doing from a mile away which is why even the cover 3 safety on the outside, whose primarily responsibility is to cover over the top of Gallup has already shifted to the middle.

And if Dak wasn’t staring Lamb down he could have tossed a bomb for an easy TD.

The fact is Dak is a mental midget that is 7 years in and every WR is sacrificed at the altar of Dak,

Yeah, sure. YOU are right and EVERY expert who has played or coached on a pro level is wrong. Right. I think I'm done debating this. You have an agenda. It's clear. It's too bad that you're stubbornly willful wrongness clouds you so much because it makes it obvious to everyone that you can't be impartial, which hurts any future point you might make.