Twitter: Shaq leaving Dallas without a deal

Sydla

Reaction score
I like it that Philly wants him so badly. Their coach let that out of the bag at his news conference.
Most punchable face in the NFL right there............

In fairness, they want him so badly because they are basically running on fumes at this point at the position. It was thin already and now with Cunningham bothered by a hamstring, they'd probably sign a three legged puma if he could even play LB a little bit.

Havic

Reaction score
Well, we will find out who he signs with, but signing with one team doesn't mean the other didn't make a reasonable or even strong effort to get him.
Maybe nobody signs him if the drop foot is real

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Everyone take a deep breath. There is a reason the Colts literally paid him to leave even though they are actively competing for a playoff spot.

He is a shell of his former self, which in all fairness was a future 1st ballot HOF linebacker, but Shaq has not been very good the last two seasons.

Would he be a marginal upgrade over some of our existing LB depth? Yeah, probably, but he would be very unlikely to move the needle at all. I would consider him this year's TY Hilton if we manage to get him.
So Jerry shouldn't really bother trying to get Shaq if he's a marginal upgrade over our existing LB depth. I hope our FO doesn't make the mistake of signing him if he's unlikely to move the needle.
Thanks for the update...

conner01

Reaction score
He left the eagles without a deal lol must have not made an honest offer lol

DripTooHard

Reaction score
He left the eagles without a deal lol must have not made an honest offer lol
It was reported on 105.3 through second and third hand information that Leonard is leaning towards signing with Dallas after his visit to Philly. The original source was Brian Baldinger who apparently lives in Philly and works out with some of the players.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Jerry shouldn't really bother trying to get Shaq if he's a marginal upgrade over our existing LB depth. I hope our FO doesn't make the mistake of signing him if he's unlikely to move the needle.
Thanks for the update...
Did I ever say that Jerry shouldn’t upgrade? I just said that you are not getting the 1st Team All Pro Shaq Leonard that everyone remembers. You’re getting a decent NFL starter.

The Cowboys absolutely should sign him, I think it would be a good move, but don’t delude yourself into thinking you’re getting a huge impact player.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Did I ever say that Jerry shouldn’t upgrade? I just said that you are not getting the 1st Team All Pro Shaq Leonard that everyone remembers. You’re getting a decent NFL starter.

The Cowboys absolutely should sign him, I think it would be a good move, but don’t delude yourself into thinking you’re getting a huge impact player.
80 percent of Leonard is better than 120 percent LVE

Deionindahood

Reaction score

You said..he's a marginal upgrade who would unlikely move the needle. Your words..not mine. Now your backpeddling. Why sign a guy who would unlikely move the needle.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You said..he's a marginal upgrade who would unlikely move the needle. Your words..not mine. Now your backpeddling. Why sign a guy who would unlikely move the needle.
How does this not make sense to you?: A slight upgrade at LB likely does not win you any more games (move the needle), but it certainly wouldn't hurt. Dallas should be looking to improve depth.

A perfect example is Philly signing Julio Jones. He has not really had much of an impact, but having him as your 5th wideout is valuable in the event of injury to a starter. In our case, Shaq would probably get quite a few more snaps here but he wasn't an impact player in Indy this season and he won't be in Dallas either.

¿Comprende?

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Philly will run him in the ground and his injury risk will be higher. He can come here, play on a snap count, lessen his chance of re-aggrevating something and be fresh for the playoffs.

conner01

Reaction score
It was reported on 105.3 through second and third hand information that Leonard is leaning towards signing with Dallas after his visit to Philly. The original source was Brian Baldinger who apparently lives in Philly and works out with some of the players.
If I’m him I look at overall roster. My chances of getting high reps and a second contract. He’s relatively young so he needs to show he deserves a new deal next year. His chances are slim in Philly next year since their younger guys will be healthy

HanD

Reaction score
Maybe nobody signs him if the drop foot is real
I know he had nerve issues in his back but I've never heard drop foot mentioned. Jaylon has drop foot and that was from nerves in his knee.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Everyone take a deep breath. There is a reason the Colts literally paid him to leave even though they are actively competing for a playoff spot.

He is a shell of his former self, which in all fairness was a future 1st ballot HOF linebacker, but Shaq has not been very good the last two seasons.

Would he be a marginal upgrade over some of our existing LB depth? Yeah, probably, but he would be very unlikely to move the needle at all. I would consider him this year's TY Hilton if we manage to get him.
:hammer:

Would love to be wrong and see him come in like his rookie self and kick some much needed @#$@ at the LB spot but hard to think of him as anything other than Jaylon Smith 2.0 in his last year.